Melbourne Football

Bogdan Apostu

Murfy1

Anyone speak Romanian? Make of this what you will (from google translate):

Liga I live in Australia! Transfer Romanian unexpected for a player: "I hope to quickly accommodate climate"

Bogdan Apostu striker aged 31, will play in the second league in Australia. Former footballer University Cluj came to Melbourne Heart, the second city of the team working in the second league. 

"Where's expectations, we are likely to step into the first team of the city, Melbourne Victory, which is owned by a Romanian.'ll Sign a contract with divisional second until September, when the championship ends and October when you start the first league, can I switch to the other team. Hope to get accustomed quickly to climate, time zone, this is the most important. levels do not know, do not know exactly what I expected, but I think I'll cope ' Apostu for sportarad.ro said. 

Heart Mlebourne apostu reached through an agent in Switzerland. In his career, Apostu played at UTA, steel, Lighthouse, Newcastle, oil or U Cluj.

(Source: original: http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/din-liga-i-direct-in-australia-transfer-neasteptat-pentru-un-jucator-roman-sper-sa-ma-acomodez-rapid-cu-clima-11115925, google translated version: http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/din-liga-i-direct-in-australia-transfer-neasteptat-pentru-un-jucator-roman-sper-sa-ma-acomodez-rapid-cu-clima-11115925&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/din-liga-i-direct-in-australia-transfer-neasteptat-pentru-un-jucator-roman-sper-sa-ma-acomodez-rapid-cu-clima-11115925%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D537)

The translation isn't very good, but Melbourne Heart is mentioned twice. Also, I think the player is saying (in the bold part) that he'll play against Melbourne Victory in the first round. And the player seems to think he's going places and will have to acclimatise...

Edited by Murfy1

This story seems to be doing the rounds in the Romanian media:

Transfer a ROMANIAN reliable. From the League directly in Australia

Bogdan Apostu (31 years) will play Australia at Melbourne Heart, the second team of the city, working in the second league

"Where's expectations, we are likely to step into the first team of the city, Melbourne Victory, which is owned by a Romanian.'ll Sign a contract with divisional second until September, when the championship ends and October when you start the first league, can I switch to the other team. Hope to get accustomed quickly to climate, time zone, this is the most important. levels do not know, do not know exactly what I expected, but I think I'll cope ' said Apostu for sportarad.ro . Apostu reached via Melbourne Heart manager in Switzerland. In his career, Apostu played at UTA, steel, Lighthouse, Newcastle, oil and "U" Cluj.

(http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://www.realitatea.net/bogdan-apostu-transfer-australia-melbourne-heart_1223011.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.realitatea.net/bogdan-apostu-transfer-australia-melbourne-heart_1223011.html%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D537)

Cluj University in Australia. Transfer sensational for football Cluj

After putting shoulder to save from relegation University Cluj, Bogdan Apostu opted for exotic adventure in not less than 15 thousand miles from home. Agent through a Swiss striker will play just 31 years old in Australia, the Melbourne Heart, the band is fighting for promotion to the first division. "Where's expectations, we are likely to step into the first team of the city, Melbourne Victory, car is owned by a novel. I'll sign a contract with divisional second until September, when the championship ends and October, when the Premier League starts, can I switch to the other team. I hope to quickly acclimate to the climate, time zone, this is the most important. I do not know the level, do not know exactly what I expected, but I think I'll cope, "Maradona told us that hopefully by early next week to be on the plane for Country kangaroo.

(http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ro&u=http://www.ziaruldeiasi.ro/stiri/de-la-universitatea-cluj-in-australia-transfer-de-senzatie-pentru-fotbalistul-clujean--15947.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.ziaruldeiasi.ro/stiri/de-la-universitatea-cluj-in-australia-transfer-de-senzatie-pentru-fotbalistul-clujean--15947.html%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D537)

One interesting thing is all media outlets seem to be misreporting that Heart are in the second division, either I guess because they are all getting the details wrong, or perhaps because the story is wrong. I guess we'll find out.

In the article he says " I'll be playing for the second league team Melbourne Heart. If I can adapt hopefully I'll make a move to Melbourne Victory in the first league"

My say is this guy has the wrong idea of the Australian league and has been wrongly informed. He thinks you guys have a first league, second league, third league etc. Somebody has been telling him nonsense. He also mentions that he's signed till September ( doesnt mention which year) but will move to Victory in October when the 1st League starts In other words he has no idea what he's talking about. By doing more research apparently some agent in Switzerland told him about Melbourne Heart and got him the contract. Do we have people in Switzerland?  

Some information about the guy, he had good talent, but never managed to prove himself at a high level. He's played bottom of the table teams in the first league and for some decent second league teams. He isn't anything worth looking at because he's utter shit.

Wrote this off my phone so sorry if it's hard to read and doesn't make sense.

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 3

In the article he says " I'll be playing for the second league team Melbourne Heart. If I can adapt hopefully I'll make a move to Melbourne Victory in the first league"

My say is this guy has the wrong idea of the Australian league and has been wrongly informed. He thinks you guys have a first league, second league, third league etc. Somebody has been telling him nonsense. He also mentions that he's signed till September ( doesnt mention which year) but will move to Victory in October when the 1st League starts In other words he has no idea what he's talking about.

Some information about the guy, he had good talent, but never managed to prove himself at a high level. He's played bottom of the table teams in the first league and for some decent second league teams. He isn't anything worth looking at because he's utter shit.

Close thread

Thanks for the translation Vlad. It helps make a lot of sense of things.

I thought something sounded a bit wrong about the story. Surprisingly, though , around a dozen (Romanian) media outlets ran with the story. 

Also, good to see JD comment rather quickly to help sort things out, as he usually does.

There's a real vacuum right now with regards to our future outfield signings. It would be nice to get some information soon about our prospective outfield signings to fill that vacuum.

My say is this guy has the wrong idea of the Australian league and has been wrongly informed. He thinks you guys have a first league, second league, third league etc. Somebody has been telling him nonsense. He also mentions that he's signed till September ( doesnt mention which year) but will move to Victory in October when the 1st League starts In other words he has no idea what he's talking about. By doing more research apparently some agent in Switzerland told him about Melbourne Heart and got him the contract. Do we have people in Switzerland?  

rofl, you couldn't make this shit up.

Knowing our club's transfer dealings, I bet we've actually signed him.

What in the world would this guy provide that we don't have in Macallister?

He's 31, made 13 appearances for U Cluj for 3 goals and would take a visa spot.

If we are seriously contemplating a signing like this (which it seems from JD we aren't), then we really haven't learnt anything from the Gray/Maycon debacles.

Only positive this guy would bring is Simon Hill's commentary if he scores "Apostuuuuuuuuu!" Other than that he may draw in a few gypsies who can put a curse on the opposition and read Hoffmans palm and finally unveil his secret to securing contract renewals.

• Like 3

Only positive this guy would bring is Simon Hill's commentary if he scores "Apostuuuuuuuuu!" Other than that he may draw in a few gypsies who can put a curse on the opposition and read Hoffmans palm and finally unveil his secret to securing contract renewals.

Gerhardt's supposed gypsy magic didn't help our season much though.

Although transfermarkt was right with Harry Kewell, I don't think it's infallible. 

John Didulica said Heart hasn't 'scouted' him, and Mfootball tweeted on the 11th (Thursday) that:

MFootball can confirm that Romanian footballer Bogdan Apostu has NOT signed with #VPL outfit Southern Stars or #ALeague side Melbourne Heart

My guess is transfermarkt went with the false Romanian reports. It is a European website, so that would be an understandable mistake. Overall, though, I think the evidence shows that Bogdan Apostu won't be wearing Red and White next season, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything more on this bloke? Has he actually arrived in Melbourne and been picked up by a club? Or was the whole story a misunderstanding or fabrication?

He's still shown as being our player on transfermarkt.co.uk.

Edited by jw1739