Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby Round 1

Tbitm

• 2 months later...

I fancy our chances, as long as the coach has us playing cohesively.

International Duty - Milligan, Thompson, Barbarouses

Coe

Galloway Ansell Leijer Traore

Broxham Bru

Nichols Makarounas

Nabbout Pain

vs

Redmayne

Walker Gerhardt Wielaert Behich

Murdocca Germano Engelaar

Mebrahtu Kewell Ramsay

Edited by mulhollanddrive

Ang doesn't care who's on the pitch or who his opposition is , his players have a brand of football they play so they just do the job. Aloisi brand going on last season is, build from the back by if you get closed in which 70% of the time we did, then hoooff it long! Can't wait till we get a coach in that knows how to play football. Perth Glorry are so lucky they got rid of that Scotish brand and are now playing great football. Our time will come...

Ang doesn't care who's on the pitch or who his opposition is , his players have a brand of football they play so they just do the job. Aloisi brand going on last season is, build from the back by if you get closed in which 70% of the time we did, then hoooff it long! Can't wait till we get a coach in that knows how to play football. Perth Glorry are so lucky they got rid of that Scotish brand and are now playing great football. Our time will come...

Ok.

come round 1, Victory players are going to be up for a game.Thompson and co might end up on national duty, but that just means there's a chance for someone else to start and earn a place in the first XI.

in saying that, I can see the Victory fans now whinging and bitching about how the national team selections is an unfair hurt on their team.  just another excuse for when they lose.

whats all the more amusing for me is that it really gives Heart all the more incentive to start with a bang.  a big win really would do wonders in restoring confidence amongst the fans. 

by all means the signings so far have been excellent and the extra online presence is great.  if they can make it count in round one then it really solidifies what they have done. 

Edited by mattyh001

whats all the more amusing for me is that it really gives Heart all the more incentive to start with a bang.  a big win really would do wonders in restoring confidence amongst the fans. 

Look at how useful the first round win was last year? Sure it will be nice to win this one (I'm doubtful) but really it will be the following games that mean much more. 

edit: it's easy for Heart to fire up for the Derbies it seems but the games we are supposed to win, not so much. 

Edited by alexandro

Look at how useful the first round win was last year? Sure it will be nice to win this one (I'm doubtful) but really it will be the following games that mean much more. 

edit: it's easy for Heart to fire up for the Derbies it seems but the games we are supposed to win, not so much. 

The reason it wasn't useful last season is because we shat the bed in the next game against Wellington's C team