Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

The people at the club are weighing the club down.

No ambition. No want to be the best. Just small thinking, excuse making wankers.

If Melbourne Heart is to be successful, new ownership and management need to be in place.

Melburnian

When you first came on here you were a breath of fresh air and lifted the forum with your positivity and enthusiasm.

When Heart started off we had a friendly against Everton, international class player such as Aloisi, Skoko and Sibon as well as quality experienced older heads and keen young players. Not to mention a former Ajax coach who was going to give us quality possession based football. This generated a level of confidence in the club.

I am hoping this season will take us back to the original philosophy of the club, and this in turn will lift your spirit and bring back the Melburnian of old.

No ambition. No want to be the best. Just small thinking, excuse making wankers.

If Melbourne Heart is to be successful, new ownership and management need to be in place.

Melburnian

When you first came on here you were a breath of fresh air and lifted the forum with your positivity and enthusiasm.

When Heart started off we had a friendly against Everton, international class player such as Aloisi, Skoko and Sibon as well as quality experienced older heads and keen young players. Not to mention a former Ajax coach who was going to give us quality possession based football. This generated a level of confidence in the club.

I am hoping this season will take us back to the original philosophy of the club, and this in turn will lift your spirit and bring back the Melburnian of old.

I guess the question is since the Everton game how many quality friendlies have been organised in that time?

Secondly based on last seasons coaching displays i dont think you will be seeing any of the same brand of football as during the first or second season. Expects much of the same style of play as last season except with better quality on the pitch, hopefully.

I just read about WSW's problems and almost shed a tear.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1160656/Wanderers-set-for-record-gates

The old cliché's such as "success breeds success" and "build it and they will come", come to mind.

Come on Heart.

I don't understand why people continue to compare us with WSW. two completely different set of circumstances

I am happy to compare us with Real Madrid, WSW, Man U or any other club in the world as it gives us perspective regardless of obvious differences.

In regards to WSW there are a number of similarities such as second team in city (yes I know about their geography, demographic etc.), first year senior coach, having to resource players from a league where other clubs have filled their squads with the supposed best players etc.

How have we done?

Average crowd being able to draw on a large cosmopolitan city around 7500. Rather poor.

When Heart were playing well we were getting crowds of around 10000. At the moment we are struggling to have 30% of these signed up as members and family memberships come with four children's memberships which become "guests" if the family has less than four children. So how are we really going?

The point of my OP was that it would be good to have the problems of WSW and I still think Heart could do a lot better if we showed more ambition.

Sorry about the poor quality of this post but I want to respond KofH and am a bit short on time.

Wasn't just directing that at you mate, there's a lot of people on this forum who are in awe of WSW and rightly so however, there are a lot of different circumstances that come into the success of a football club. I was going to write a long paragraph in response, but most of my points have been covered by other posters on the forum.

One thing i do agree with is the lack of ambition shown by the club. It's only taken the club's worst season to date to try and show some by trying to sign grant holt, as well as a promise to loosen up the purse strings.

However I don't agree with the sense of other posters on this forum that this game at shepperaton will be a complete waste of time. I understand people wanting us to play a big European club, but i don't see how they will expand that supporter base. At least by going local we will have a chance of signing members, the victory vs Liverpool game will do nothing for victory's supporter base. We are known as a community club, and people seemed to get pissed off when we do community things.

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

Melburnian

Melburnian is one of few on here that do not accept mediocrity from those who run the club. The reality is we have achieved next to nothing since our inception with the leadership we have in place now, and nothing we have done during this off-season suggests any drastic change is imminent.

• Like 1

2700 members after what? 2-3 months membership being available???

I wonder how many members some vpl teams would have got by now if they were in the league. Any guesses?

Take it easy! Memberships went on sale on June 5th @ 12pm so it's been 1.75 months (7 weeks).

Speaking of VPL clubs though, SMFC wanted to buy out MHFC for $3.5m (or whatever it was), but my question is can the tables turn? Can an A-League club buy out a VPL club? How much would it cost to buy out SMFC for example?

2700 members after what? 2-3 months membership being available???

I wonder how many members some vpl teams would have got by now if they were in the league. Any guesses?

Take it easy! Memberships went on sale on June 5th @ 12pm so it's been 1.75 months (7 weeks).

Speaking of VPL clubs though, SMFC wanted to buy out MHFC for $3.5m (or whatever it was), but my question is can the tables turn? Can an A-League club buy out a VPL club? How much would it cost to buy out SMFC for example? A herd of goats and all the yogurt in the south

Edited by Boffins
  • Like 4

I don't think we have seen the last of Kewell's influence on memberships. In the weeks leading into the season there will be a massive rise in memberships, but it will be advertised heavily that we have Kewell and a lot of people will sign up. People know our memberships won't run out, so a lot of people will be satisfied by Kewell but they know they don't have to rush

Did they expect people to drive 2 hours from Shepparton every week to aami for Heart? Ain't getting any fans out there... Need some VPL friendlies in MELBOURNE FFS.... We can't expect to get fans while the tards played one of the biggest clubs in the world... Ffs

Did they expect people to drive 2 hours from Shepparton every week to aami for Heart? Ain't getting any fans out there... Need some VPL friendlies in MELBOURNE FFS.... We can't expect to get fans while the tards played one of the biggest clubs in the world... Ffs

People have and do.

Like I said in the other thread, victory got a standing ovation from the Liverpool fans. Where fucked.

Yep we are real fucked. The world is ending. Really are you kidding me? They took a risk and looks like they will earn the rewards. Great for them. We aren't in a position to take those risks at the moment. Look what happened to Leeds when they tried to be one of the big boys. For us it's small steps. Lets not try run when we struggle to crawl. When we are playing good football and can convert those casuals to members a game like this might help until then we need to keep developing as a club.

Mate I get on a plane and fly an hour once a month just to watch heart. So yes mate people will drive 2 hours. No not every week but they will. They will also buy their country memberships

• Like 2

Mate I get on a plane and fly an hour once a month just to watch heart. So yes mate people will drive 2 hours. No not every week but they will. They will also buy their country memberships Exactly. This off season I've signed up three full members and two country members who all live three hours away. I enjoy the drive/train ride, it's relaxing.

I know this is a shit thing to say but the Tards were pretty good last night. Real good. I hope JA took note of what was happening from his high vantage point in the 7mate box. Really, about 80-90% of people were there for Liverpool not MV. We could put on a game against Real Madrid and we'd get 75k+ at the G to see Ronaldo et al. Plus we'd get media exposure that money couldn't buy and some extra members. Yeah, I'm dreamin' :)

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1