Melbourne Football

A-League Fixture 2013/14

HeartinHobart

I'm from bendigo and they couldn't really play it here. No where good enough really. Unless they went to the Tom Flood sports centre or the QEO. They are both oval shaped. 
IN terms of the Albury game, Albury/Wodonga, same place really. Albury probably just has a better pitch. Having it Sunday is a pain in the arse though.

I know it seems strange playing in Nsw but the two towns really opporate as one town in terms of facilities and other such things as telephone area codes. It's not even 5 mins over the border because technically the boundary of wodonga and albury is the Murray and Lavington is a burb of albury. I'd say they played in Lavington because it's the only place with the facilities.

There should be a good turn out as their is a very strong local league there. Plus ill be dragging every cunt I can their that say they support heart but arnt actually members.

We should set up yarraside on the south end of the ground and change the name to murrayside :P

• Like 1

I know it seems strange playing in Nsw but the two towns really opporate as one town in terms of facilities and other such things as telephone area codes. It's not even 5 mins over the border because technically the boundary of wodonga and albury is the Murray and Lavington is a burb of albury. I'd say they played in Lavington because it's the only place with the facilities.

There should be a good turn out as their is a very strong local league there. Plus ill be dragging every cunt I can their that say they support heart but arnt actually members.

We should set up yarraside on the south end of the ground and change the name to murrayside :P

Approve of this!

But yeah, there is a pretty high participation rate in Albury/Wodonga so I'm sure we'll get a decent crowd.

I was reading the local paper here today and it mentioned that they expect 10-15k which almost certainly won't happen, but it should be a good turnout nonetheless. 

• Like 1

With regards to the fixture to be played in Albury Sunday 9th Feb 2014, there may be a problem for those travelling to the match by public transport. Ay the moment according to the Countrylink timetable there are only 2 (two) trains from Albury in the afternoon on Sundays being 12.45pm and 5.20pm of course this could change in the new year but i would'nt hold my breath waiting to see if things change,therefore i might suggest that someone organise a coach to come up to the game which will bring you direct to the ground and also next door is the Lavington Panthers club where meals are available and bar facilities this would relieve the worries of traveling to the ground from Albury station by taxi as there is NO public transport available to Lavington sports ground as far as i know and i have lived here for 35 years. Taxi fares from Albury to Lavington sports ground are approximately $20 to $25.Sorry if this sounds like doom and gloom but it may help get some of you to the game without a lot of hassle, I will be going as i live 10mins walk from the ground.

• Like 1

With regards to the fixture to be played in Albury Sunday 9th Feb 2014, there may be a problem for those travelling to the match by public transport. Ay the moment according to the Countrylink timetable there are only 2 (two) trains from Albury in the afternoon on Sundays being 12.45pm and 5.20pm of course this could change in the new year but i would'nt hold my breath waiting to see if things change,therefore i might suggest that someone organise a coach to come up to the game which will bring you direct to the ground and also next door is the Lavington Panthers club where meals are available and bar facilities this would relieve the worries of traveling to the ground from Albury station by taxi as there is NO public transport available to Lavington sports ground as far as i know and i have lived here for 35 years. Taxi fares from Albury to Lavington sports ground are approximately $20 to $25.Sorry if this sounds like doom and gloom but it may help get some of you to the game without a lot of hassle, I will be going as i live 10mins walk from the ground.

Yep, our public transport is pretty terrible.

Playing on a Sunday makes no sense either as nobody coming from Melbourne is going to get home on the Sunday unless they drive or leave early.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the club organised buses from the train station to the ground when we played in Morwell. I also think there were additional trains that day.

• Like 1

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the club organised buses from the train station to the ground when we played in Morwell. I also think there were additional trains that day.

That would be great but we are talking about a line that has been having maintenance problems for over 10 years and i can recall that there have been weekends where there have been NO TRAINS at all it has been coaches all the way to and from Albury.So whoever will be organising the trip should definitely check with countrylink Vic about this.

Nate, that is why i think someone should organise coaches from Melbourne to the ground and return,the travelling time would be about the same as train time but it would be direct to the ground thereby cancelling the trip from the Albury station to the ground. 

Edited by johnno cpfc