Melbourne Football

Re-Sign Garcia

MARKMILES

Tadic, Babalj and Garcia (almost) gone.

We need some scoring power.

I wonder how much Hoffman is on to be honest. Anything more than minimum and its bewildering how we retain him.

Is this the season we finally play him as a forward? Could be Epic...

Hearing from a reasonable source that Garcia more then likely will not re-sign, they just can't get the money right and he is after far too much.

Personally I'm of the opinion he is worth a good chunk but I guess the club have put a limit to it and he thinks he is worth more.

Will be a shame if he does go!

Fuck the cunt off than, no player is bigger than the club, it seems we've offered him a reasonable deal, and all he is just holding the club at ransom, bye bye Garcia, don't let the door hit you on the way out cunt :up:

Other than the speculation on here that Garcia might go to Perth Glory, what other club is interested in him?

unless Perth start to cull some over aged players, I doubt that Garcia will be going there - they already have 17 senior players with another 8 on youth contracts.  Plus they have a few visa spots open.

i suspect that Brisbane might be a good fit for him, although West Sydney or Wellington might be a bit left field but a good option too.

that is of course he doesnt get a good offer abroad.

Edited by mattyh001

Hearing from a reasonable source that Garcia more then likely will not re-sign, they just can't get the money right and he is after far too much.

Personally I'm of the opinion he is worth a good chunk but I guess the club have put a limit to it and he thinks he is worth more.

Will be a shame if he does go!

Fuck the cunt off than, no player is bigger than the club, it seems we've offered him a reasonable deal, and all he is just holding the club at ransom, bye bye Garcia, don't let the door hit you on the way out cunt :up:

:droy:

According to the Heart Twitter, the players started pre-season training today. An indication of what's happening will be whether Garcia turned up or not.

IMO he's overplayed his hand. He must have something up his sleeve to do that.

And according to Scott Munn's Twitter, all overseas players will start training here in the first week of July. Meaning all announcements can be expected in the next three weeks.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHayjhjGLdI&feature=youtu.be

I'm pretty sure that is him at preseason from around 1:40 to 1:50 in that video which is a good sign, I doubt he'd rock up to preseason if he doesn't intend on signing.

I think you're wrong, pal.

Who do you think it is?

Dunno who you're looking at but the only people I guess you could have mistaken him for is DMac, Mass or Foxy...

Edited by LR9

Things I took from that video:

1. Massimo is even tinier than I thought and is going to wear number 8.

2. Hoffman is back. fuck.

3. We are training somewhere that doesn't look completely terrible

4. Heart have shit taste in music.

Didn't see Garcia.

Edited by Jimmy

Things I took from that video:

1. Massimo is even tinier than I thought is going to wear number 8.

2. Hoffman is back. fuck.

3. We are training somewhere that doesn't look completely terrible

4. Heart have shit taste in music.

Didn't see Garcia.

I can't spot Garcia either. He has a characteristic running style and when they are running across the field I can't pick him out.

By my count there are 16 players running (frame at 2.26).

i recognise that hairline. the bloke throughing the ball to Ramsay, 1.03min. check it out - reckon its our man Garcia

It's D-Mac. Garcia isn't in the video. I reckon he's gone.

So do I. There's nothing on his twitter page, and in previous times he'd have commented about the first day of training, back with the boys, etc. etc.

Pity, but let's look at it as  opportunity to get another quality player on board.

As i sorta said I reckon the clubs conceded that Garcia wont Re-Sign on anything like what he was on last season and therefore can't keep him under the salary cap. So possibly currently chasing a different Australian marquee. If that falls through Garcia is back up plan as Marquee.

IMO we don't need him. We've got HK. Just sign another player - for example a left-back and then let Ramsay play on the wing where he's best. Or a right-back and do the same with Jezza.

We're not short of options.

I really don't know why people still want him to re-sign. Not a single senior player stood up for the shirt in the last five games when we need just a few points to make sixth spot - including Garcia. Yes, he had a good season, but not good enough for us to be held to ransom.

Move on.

• Like 4

Until I see the evidence that we're putting together a squad capable of winning a championship, and that the absence of our best player from last year helps to achieve that, I don't think I'll move on. But I will reserve my judgement until we find out the final make up of the squad. In the meantime, he at least remains an option until he signs with someone else.