Melbourne Football

Potential A-league signings

heart_fan10

Don't see A-League rejects as a step forward for the club unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Where do we sign our players from then? Western Sydney showed that with some shrewd signings off other teams 'rejects' its entirely possible to find some quality players.

Prefer to seek out players coming off-contract - e.g. Marrone, Redmayne, Ramsay - or players worthy of a step up - e.g. Babalj, Good, Vrankovic, Walker.

• Like 1

Ive heard rumours that Patrick Kisnorbo is in talks with us and Newcastle. 

Melbourne boy who played in the Championship for 8 years. would be a great signing imo

EDIT: and he played at Hearts in scotland for a couple years  :D

Edited by Tbitm

Meyer would be worth a punt. Has some quality and plenty of Heart. Never got a good run at Brisbane as he was behind Broich, Nichols, Partalu, Isy, in the pecking order. Plus he wanted to punch Berisha at one stage...

sign him up so he can get that chance to punch berisha...

Meyer would be worth a punt. Has some quality and plenty of Heart. Never got a good run at Brisbane as he was behind Broich, Nichols, Partalu, Isy, in the pecking order. Plus he wanted to punch Berisha at one stage...

I would say yes to Meyer, but since we're signing Hoffman again, not sure if we could take a punt on too many more spots on the roster. Would rather Meyer than Hoffman

Please no to other teams' rejects! For starters we shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of getting Velaphi, Foschini or Markelis! It's not like Dugandzic who left Victory to come to us - these guys weren't wanted by Victory.

Rado and Mulvey didn't play Jurman for a reason - they both chose a youngster in Donachie than Jurman so he's out!

Liam Miller just doesn't do it for me sorry. Especially considering he rejected Perth's offer - that obviously means they weren't prepared to compensate him as much as he wanted, why should Heart fork out the extra dollars? According to transfermarkt he's worth around $750k so far that sort of money I'd expect us to go out and get someone better.

Meyer - YES! I'd have him in a 'Heart' beat ;-) In 2010/11 season every time he'd come off the bench he'd win it for Brisbane! He had the best goal record for the amount of minutes being on the field. It is unfortunate he had to compete with higher profiled players, but he'd get his chance at Heart...and he can give Berisha a cheeky elbow when we play against the Roar  :)

Kisnorbo I would take - the tards might give us shit for signing a another 30+ players, but it'd probably be more coz they're jealous! I prefer to have an experience head at centre back to support and guide the young left and right back players. If we can get Medaschi as well at CB then we can release Gerhardt into a midfield role. Gerhardt needs room to stretch those legs and lung capacity of his!

Please no to other teams' rejects! For starters we shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of getting Velaphi, Foschini or Markelis! It's not like Dugandzic who left Victory to come to us - these guys weren't wanted by Victory.

Rado and Mulvey didn't play Jurman for a reason - they both chose a youngster in Donachie than Jurman so he's out!

Liam Miller just doesn't do it for me sorry. Especially considering he rejected Perth's offer - that obviously means they weren't prepared to compensate him as much as he wanted, why should Heart fork out the extra dollars? According to transfermarkt he's worth around $750k so far that sort of money I'd expect us to go out and get someone better.

Meyer - YES! I'd have him in a 'Heart' beat ;-) In 2010/11 season every time he'd come off the bench he'd win it for Brisbane! He had the best goal record for the amount of minutes being on the field. It is unfortunate he had to compete with higher profiled players, but he'd get his chance at Heart...and he can give Berisha a cheeky elbow when we play against the Roar  :)

Kisnorbo I would take - the tards might give us shit for signing a another 30+ players, but it'd probably be more coz they're jealous! I prefer to have an experience head at centre back to support and guide the young left and right back players. If we can get Medaschi as well at CB then we can release Gerhardt into a midfield role. Gerhardt needs room to stretch those legs and lung capacity of his!

Kisnorbo has played once this season and that was off the bench, he is in the same postion as Jurman both lacking game time but Jurman would be cheaper he is 23 Kisnorbo is 31 i would rather youth over a guy who get's injured and is coming near the end of his career. Juramn could be the rock in our defense for quite a few years even develop into a captain.

I think PPL need to remember that Heart are always going to pick up players who have walked away from other A League clubs or have had other A League clubs walk away from them...

Lets not forget WSW were more than happy to take a chance on other clubs rejects and its already yielded them ACL Football at the least.

If we didn't have Hoffman, or we lose Babalj, I would sign Markelis.

Goal scorer, experience abroad, flashy.

goal scorer??  he's rubbish.

I would sign kisnorbo and madaschi. Push Gerhardt up into the midfield to get involved more. Then sign 2 other quality midfielders, 1 attacking and 1 more central/defensive. With the last visa spot to sign a high quality striker, possibly our marquee.

Edited by heart_fan10
  • Like 1

Regular goal scored in the Italian Youth League. Valencia Youth Academy. Constantly on the scoresheet in Victory NYL. Don't know where you get that he is rubbish from. Might not be a great Senior player, but not rubbish.

Regular goal scored in the Italian Youth League. Valencia Youth Academy. Constantly on the scoresheet in Victory NYL. Don't know where you get that he is rubbish from. Might not be a great Senior player, but not rubbish.

We need Senior players, we already have a Dominant Local/Youth Goalscoring bully in D Mac,

And if we another one we can resign Hoff or even give Zac Walker another gig.

I'd rather try and fit my own head in my own arsehole than see Markelis pulling on a Heart shirt. If we're looking for a winger with a few flash skills and a big reputation as a teenager we may as well resign Kamal Ibrahim.

Markelis showed absolutely nothing in all his games for the Visitors, and this is a team that made Leigh Broxham look like a semi-talented footballer.

I'd rather try and fit my own head in my own arsehole than see Markelis pulling on a Heart shirt. If we're looking for a winger with a few flash skills and a big reputation as a teenager we may as well resign Kamal Ibrahim.

Markelis showed absolutely nothing in all his games for the Visitors, and this is a team that made Leigh Broxham look like a semi-talented footballer.

It shits me to no end that these lazy Wiz Kids got so many bites at the cherry due to the natural skill they had as juniors whilst a smart hardworking guy like Taseski just goes about his business in the VPL without a look in...

Thought it make everyones lives a little easier...

Full summery of departing players:

Adelaide: awaiting managers appointment (Uncontracted: Fabian Barbiero and Evan Kostopoulos)

Brisbane: Stef Nijland, James Meyer and Matt Jurman

CCM: TBA (Troy Hearfield, sacked)

Mongs: Diogo Fierera, Spase Dilevski, Tando Velaphi and Sam Gallagher

Heart: Josip Tadic, Simon Colosimo, Matt Thompson, Fred, Clint Bolton, Marcel Meeuwis, Jamie Coyne and Cameron Edwards

Newcastle: Marko Jesic, Dominik Ritter and Bernardo Ribeiro

Perth: Liam Miller, Nick Ward, Dean Heffernan, Evan Berger and Lewis Italiano

Sydney: Adam Griffiths, Kruno Lovrek, Paul Reid, Nathan Sherlock, Trent McClenahan and Jarrod Kyle

Wellington: awaiting managers appointment (Uncontracted: Tony Lochhead, Leo Bertos, Dani Sanchez, Benjamin Totori, Ian Hogg, Alex Smith and Stuart Downey)

West Sydney: TBA

• Like 1