Melbourne Football

MHFC vs Adelaide - 11/03/13 @ 7.30pm - Rd 24

biancorosso7

Apart from the first 15 minutes we were completely outplayed. We had the chances in that first quarter of an hour to put the game away, but once that period was over we had nothing. Absolutely nothing. The penalty was a soft one, but the referee really had no alternative after Walker went in with studs showing. But please explain why when we came out for the second half we just capitulated, playing the ball laterally and backwards as if we were actually in front? So many things just seem inexplicable - e.g. why is Williams still taking free-kicks when either of Kalmar or Golgol is on the field? That was one of our worst and most insipid home performances in our three seasons.

JA and HF should sit down in front of a video of the game and see how Adelaide were able to play the ball out through their midfield time and time again, whilst we were virtually static, had no space, and resorted to fiddling about at the back and then bombing a long ball forward. Then they need to come up with some answers, because there is at present no Plan B.

Anyone who thinks we don't need to 'Refresh' the squad and the way we play needs to think again after tonight's performance. IMO only Redmayne, Walker and Vrankovic did anything passable, there were some good moves between Garcia and Walker in the first half, and Fred ran around a bit in the second. The rest were simply not in the game.

I really would like to see Walker on the RW next season instead of playing RB. He is one of our best attacking options.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Didn't take our chances early on and then we were rightly slaughtered by AUFC, who were ten times better than us. Ja had no answers to Adelaide's superiority...would have liked to have seen a back three after we copped the second goal.

The ref killed us tonight at times. The penalty, which I had a perfect view of, was very soft. I swear this guy gives us nothing, never has. He is a real prick.

But at the end of the day we just weren't good enough. Even YS were flat.

Hopefully we bounce back hard and beat WSW, which would probably be the best and biggest highlight for our dismal year.

Every member and supporter should make a massive massive effort to get to the game next week, and to get others to come along so we can see the season out with a bang.

I reckon we are at about twenty to one to make the finals.

• Like 1

All of Heart's on field problems are mental.

Earlier in the season we kept on losing concentration, conceding late goals and losing.

We can't win away

and we always seem to choke when it's an important or valuable match

the people in charge of the team's mentality are the coach and senior players, and for the whole season they've failed to lead the way.

Its not just a JA issue, it's been an issue with the club since the beginning. I think that it's just not fun for the players on the pitch, they are too anxious. The heat slowed the pace of the game and that suited a crap team like Adelaide. We have no plan B because we have no ball holding controlling midfielders and so can only counter-attack

Edited by belaguttman

Well that was pretty ordinary. The first 20 minutes were impressive with some real chances begging to be taken. After that, meh. Didn't fire a shot. Let's not forget it was fucking hot out there - 35 degrees for the start of the game. This really exposed our fitness and, later on, our endeavor. How an Argentine raised in the heat was neglected for a bloke parachuted in from a Dutch winter was amazing. Meeuwis did show some form, but he looked totally spent with heat stress coming off at half time. I'm sure he was cooling down in the showers for half an hour as he didn't appear back on the bench well in to the second half.

The penalty was rubbish - have seen the replay. You could see the momentum sucked out of the game from that moment. We were thoroughly outclassed after that. Our bench selection also exposed badly. Thommo to left back for Coyne, god knows who to DM for Meeuwis and did we end up with a 4-2-4?? Our shape for most of the second half was shit. We were a rabble in midfield with no positional sense and responsibility. It was galling to watch.

And on a final note, went with a first timer to a Heart game. He turned to me after 50 minutes and asked, "what's with this Thompson bloke always passing backwards ?? He's so negative for a midfielder!!". All I could do was bite my tongue. Happy 200 Thommo, but it's time.

Knew Adelaide was going to win this, had no confidence in the team at all, this home run-away disgrace, form was always going to stop at some point and expose the shit performance this team has been putting in. Only 2-3 games we've genuinely been good and had good patches but in all honesty, the season is a shambles given the potential. Aloisi hasn't been the right bloke and the whole coaching staff is not upto par, i guess that's a bit important to mention as it's actually not all Aloisi's fault, i don't think his got the best support, but he should never have been appointed gaffer either.

Disappointing night out. Can't understand Patrick being left out. He's just about been our player of the season - I trust it was a decision driven by an injury of some sort. Looking to next season now, hoping for some significant transformation in the squad. Not so sure we'll get it, but hoping.

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

All trains were stopped - Stranded at Richmond

Walk up and down Swan Street - all taxis occupied

No taxi - walk all the way up to commercial road via Punt Road, fuck that hill.

Arrive home at 12:15 - School tomorrow

• Like 1

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a train Edited by MrAiDaN66
  • Like 1

Shittest fucking night.

Heart played shit.

In the same boat. Exactly the same with me.. We got told some fuckwit decided to jump from a fed square building into the railway tracks where he then got stuck under a train What an idiot. Attempted suicide or thrill seeker (unsure what thrills would come from that but some people are fucked)?

The writing for this season was on the wall from the appointment of Aloisi.  We lack a vision of how we want to play, the types of players that we need to get where we want to be.  And we lack a winning culture.  This starts at the top.  I hope the Board have the strength to make the tough calls, as this season is a waste even if we scrape through in the 6.

• Like 1

Suicide. Not the first to make that particular jump.You'd be supprised how many ppl neck themselves in the city. Nearly 1 every night.

Ok so seasons over. Deadwood needs to burnt.

Thompson, Coyne, Colossimo and sad to say Fred. Don't wanna see them next season. Start scouting the NSWPL and VPL! We found Kalmar, Behich (kinda) and others playing local footy. That's the way to go IMO.

Pretty disappointing night. Agree if Kalmar would of gotten even 1 of those goals it would of been a different result. 

The thing which annoys me most is that we keep on with that stupid chant of fuck em all fuck em all. 

1. We should not be swearing in any chants and not encouraging it one bit. especially with so many young kids around, i find it appalling & embarrassing. It is hard enough to convince people to come to games and to defend the supporters saying they are not hooligans then this sort of stuff comes up. 

2. Even without the swearing it is an terrible chant anyway, Playschool could come up with something better. 

Then that petty little argument between a couple of two heart supporters, both of you should pull your heads in, no way to be acting at games.  

Edited by millm103

I could sit here and write a scathing, emotional vent about the night as a whole and the performances of both the club and Yarraside. But I'm thinking, why bother? The Club doesn't give a toss. And the "specials" in the front left of Yarraside aren't going to take notice and change either.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Andrew Demetriou. I'll ensure we have 110% family friendly atmosphere at the next game so we can get ALL the families to come to games.

I'm not saying that pal, just to cut out the swearing chants and have a little self respect. Everyone swears but it's not something we want in our chants. 

• Like 2

Last night was the first time I've walked out of a Heart game before the final whistle was blown. That was fucking woeful!!

Firstly, Chris Beath is a cucking funt!! I think we've only won ONE game  (maybe two) when he's been the referee. By the looks of it, he has an inferiority complex and takes it out on the players or he's a Victory fan and (subconsciously or not) gives decisions against Heart so his beloved Victory can stay higher on the ladder. I can't remember the players involved, but when an Adelaide player ran passed Fred(?), clipped Fred's foot and fell over, Beath gave the free kick to the Adelaide player.....it's like HOW THE FUCK was that a FOUL when all Fred did was stand there and the other guy clipped Fred as he came passed from behind him???

Secondly, Aloisi left out Gerhardt and Germano? I'm sorry, WHAT???? Why the fuck would you reward our best on ground last week by dropping him? Gerhardt has been the rock of defence ALL season (almost) and you drop him in favour of Colosimo? I asked to bring Vrankovic in, but not at Gerhardt's expense! I asked to bring Tadic in, but not at Germano's expense!!

Colosimo OUT -> Gerhardt IN and Thompson OUT -> Germano IN.

Thirdly, now that Thompson has played his 200th game there is no reason why he should play another game this season! If Aloisi wanted to "make an example" of someone, you drop the Captain who's not performing! You send a message to everyone else that "I don't care who you are, you'll get the chop next week if you don't put in 100%!" Instead this thick-headed Italian drops our Best on Ground from the previous week and our best defender! FACEPALM MUCH?

The formation I posted on the first page of this topic was, Redmayne, Walker, Vrankovic, Gerhardt, Coyne - Germano, Fred, Meeuwis - Garcia, Tadic, Williams...with Bolton, Kalmar, Golgol, Babalj on the bench. When we have a fully fit team, I don't see any room for Colosimo or Thompson. If Colosimo was a left footer, I'd suggest dropping Coyne for him, but we need a left footer and since Behich ain't comin' back - we're stuck with Coyne...this season. This brings me to my next point.

Fourthly, Coyne went off injured, let's hope he doesn't play next week and we bring back Mitchinson (if fit)! Coyne, along with Meeuwis should not be given a contract next season, instead we should give the kids a go! There's so much talent in the Youth team, if we don't start using them, another team will poach them at no reward to us. If we want to be the Ajax of Australia, we need to develop, believe in and give an opportunity to our youth players to grow! It's also proven to be a good income stream.

Fifthly, Meeuwis doesn't do it for me. Defensive midfielder or not, when you spend that much on a player you want to see results! I know it was his first start, but a player of his calibre shouldn't need 5 games to "get used to the team game". He should be able to slot in seamlessly and perform...he is our most expensive player and he was worse than Thommo yesterday!

Finally, I'm so fkn furious; take the fury I feel watching Heart play away and multiply it by 17 because it was a home game yesterday. AAMI Park has been our fortress (bar a couple of glitches) but last night was ridiculous. I even brought some extra people to the game and I was embarrassed...one of them (a fence sitter) said to me, "I think I'll just support Victory, thanks"...Collingwood supporter so it doesn't surprise me much! lol

Anyway...I'll still renew my membership next season, but good luck signing up 12k members and/or averaging 10k...

• Like 1

Sorry, Dad.

Geez, all I'm saying is its a great way to encourage new members to sign up dingus.  If I had kids I would not take them again after hearing that.  Besides of point of the swearing, its a terrible chant anyway. It should be scraped solely on the merit of it been one of the worst chants we have. 

Any reason why you couldn't sit down the other end? Geez people take some responsibility for you own well-being...

I could sit here and write a scathing, emotional vent about the night as a whole and the performances of both the club and Yarraside. But I'm thinking, why bother? The Club doesn't give a toss. And the "specials" in the front left of Yarraside aren't going to take notice and change either.

Specials?

Please do not use words when you dont know what they mean.

You're right it is woeful, what sort of committed supporter leaves before the final whistle?

An Essendon Supporter.

P.S. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, who are the little dumbass teenagers sitting on the fence at the front corner of Yarraside wearing peach and grey coloured tops? You look like idiots! I'm pretty sure (by the looks of it) you were mocking the Yarraside singing, dancing and chants rather than getting amongst it. Instead of adding value to our active area, you ridiculed them! Grow up and wear some Heart colours FFS.

The kid in the peach top, you are now officially known as "Peaches"  :lol:

• Like 2

P.S. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, who are the little dumbass teenagers sitting on the fence at the front corner of Yarraside wearing peach and grey coloured tops? You look like idiots! I'm pretty sure (by the looks of it) you were mocking the Yarraside singing, dancing and chants rather than getting amongst it. Instead of adding value to our active area, you ridiculed them! Grow up and wear some Heart colours FFS.

The kid in the peach top, you are now officially known as "Peaches"  :lol:

LOL!

You're right it is woeful, what sort of committed supporter leaves before the final whistle?

A committed supporter who left at the 92nd minute because he was furious and ashamed. A committed supporter who every other game stays right to the end until every player has walked passed and has taken a photo or shaken a hand with. There was no chance I was gonna shake anyone's hand last night!

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

A committed supporter who left at the 92nd minute because he was furious and ashamed. A committed supporter who every other game stays right to the end until every player has walked passed and has taken a photo or shaken a hand with. There was no chance I was gonna shake anyone's hand last night!

not a good sight seeing someone walking out..

not a good sight seeing someone walking out..

I agree.