Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Yes we promote youth but should we promote it to the point where we have to have a majority of our starting 11 inexperienced??

I'm sorry, I love the idea of youth but you need a balance of experience and youth which I believe for the first time, we have.

You clearly don't know much about Mifsud except for his height his age and the fact he plays for a "backwash euro nation" which alone only was a joke of a comment.

Majority of our starting 11 inexperienced? Kisnorbo, Weilaert, Murdocca, Gerhardt, Kewell, Williams and heck even Behich, Dugandzic are hardly inexperienced anymore either. But you are correct, we are crawling with inexperienced, talented young footballers.

Sorry, by backwash euro nation what I really meant was powerhouse footballing nation. You could see how the two can be confused.

Yeah I know. I just got fired up as I usually do lol.

Malta is far from a powerhouse footballing nation. I think its cause ive been calling for this bloke for ages that I want him to get signed up and work out.

What I meant with the starting 11 comment was not that we have an in experienced side now. More about that I think we have the right blend now and that sometimes you have to have a go with something different cause we have produced talented tooth footballers, but has that helped the club move forward on the pitch and I can't see that it has. Probably would of if we'd kept them all instead of selling them off though

Well do great things for Heart, expect great things from Heart  :P 

Also good to see another Maltese person on the forums! 

Yes we promote youth but should we promote it to the point where we have to have a majority of our starting 11 inexperienced??

I'm sorry, I love the idea of youth but you need a balance of experience and youth which I believe for the first time, we have.

You clearly don't know much about Mifsud except for his height his age and the fact he plays for a "backwash euro nation" which alone only was a joke of a comment.

Majority of our starting 11 inexperienced? Kisnorbo, Weilaert, Murdocca, Gerhardt, Kewell, Williams and heck even Behich, Dugandzic are hardly inexperienced anymore either. But you are correct, we are crawling with inexperienced, talented young footballers.

Sorry, by backwash euro nation what I really meant was powerhouse footballing nation. You could see how the two can be confused. Yeah I know. I just got fired up as I usually do lol.

Malta is far from a powerhouse footballing nation. I think its cause ive been calling for this bloke for ages that I want him to get signed up and work out.

What I meant with the starting 11 comment was not that we have an in experienced side now. More about that I think we have the right blend now and that sometimes you have to have a go with something different cause we have produced talented tooth footballers, but has that helped the club move forward on the pitch and I can't see that it has. Probably would of if we'd kept them all instead of selling them off though

Well do great things for Heart, expect great things from Heart :P

Also good to see another Maltese person on the forums!

Thanks mate.

I think they're are a few more pastizzi eaters like me on here lol.

I know so many scum pastizzi eaters who are praying we don't get him.

If he does sign there would be a sea of white at Etihad if he scores the winner on Derby Day lol

If it is misfud, I'd be a little disappointed in the 'marquee' tag, but from the footage ive seen, I like the cut of his jib. A speedy little terrier that can really finish. At 5'5 though he'll never be on the end of an Aziz cross, but then again neither would engelaar. And Gerhardt will have to out his long balls away.

One worry is at his previous Maltese club, this bloke has also been scoring goals for fun http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denni_Rocha_dos_Santos

• Like 1

If it is misfud, I'd be a little disappointed in the 'marquee' tag, but from the footage ive seen, I like the cut of his jib. A speedy little terrier that can really finish. At 5'5 though he'll never be on the end of an Aziz cross, but then again neither would engelaar. And Gerhardt will have to out his long balls away.

One worry is at his previous Maltese club, this bloke has also been scoring goals for fun http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denni_Rocha_dos_Santos

Lol why is that a worry??

Because he's a hack. 

I am happy to be wrong here (in regards to Misfud), in fact I hope I am. Will apologise to you profusely if he proves himself as a quality striker in the a-league. I hold my word, ask sharpy.

• Like 1

Because he's a hack.

I am happy to be wrong here (in regards to Misfud), in fact I hope I am. Will apologise to you profusely if he proves himself as a quality striker in the a-league. I hold my word, ask sharpy.

Can you explain to me why he is a hack??

Because he's a hack.

I am happy to be wrong here (in regards to Misfud), in fact I hope I am. Will apologise to you profusely if he proves himself as a quality striker in the a-league. I hold my word, ask sharpy. Can you explain to me why he is a hack??

He played for the Jets, was a hack.

Because he's a hack.

I am happy to be wrong here (in regards to Misfud), in fact I hope I am. Will apologise to you profusely if he proves himself as a quality striker in the a-league. I hold my word, ask sharpy.Can you explain to me why he is a hack?? He played for the Jets, was a hack.

What???

You've lost me cause he's never played for the Jets

Lol why is that a worry?? Because he's a hack.

I am happy to be wrong here (in regards to Misfud), in fact I hope I am. Will apologise to you profusely if he proves himself as a quality striker in the a-league. I hold my word, ask sharpy. Can you explain to me why he is a hack?? He played for the Jets, was a hack.

What???

You've lost me cause he's never played for the Jets

He was talking about Denni Rocha dos Santos who played for NJ, but now is at Valletta.

As for MIfsud, would be happy to see him at the club. His highlights certainly show some very good goals, and certainly an ability to be in the right place at the right time. Can only hope he can continue to replicate that here if he does sign.

The height is an issue if we play like we did last year, lobbing balls over the midfield and hoping. Its the A-league so we can just drill crosses and Mifsud seems to have enough skill to bury them. I feel he'd fit in well...if we get the ball down and play, but thats a big if knowing JA

One would hope with players like HK and Murdocca in the side that we can change that.

Can only hope I guess.

Edited by Heart_fan

alrite ive never seen this guy play, now, if he is the international signing, saving my judgment for the first 5 games he plays with us.. anyone who has seen him play, what will he bring to the team?

He's quick. Clinical finisher and not scared to have a go from outside the box. Knows how to get into the right places and makes intelligent runs. Also takes his chances when they present themselves.

Most importantly he's capped 98 games for Malta and most of them as Captain which gives him a hell of a lot of experience