Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Is it wrong for our image to purchase another ex victory player?

I would rather steer clear of the oppositions players IF in a contract. But if they have been released or played for another team after the visitors, there is nothing wrong with it.

I presume you are talking about Flores? If so, I would rather not because he would demand marquee status me thinks

I think it's true we need better facilities. I've been to two fan forums where we were told that the club was expecting government funding for the development of La Trobe. It looks like it hasn't been approved yet. And the longer we go without an announcement, the harder it is to be confident that it will happen. Something needs to happen. I dont think we can afford to keep going year after year with poor training facilities.

I think it's true we need better facilities. I've been to two fan forums where we were told that the club was expecting government funding for the development of La Trobe. It looks like it hasn't been approved yet. And the longer we go without an announcement, the harder it is to be confident that it will happen. Something needs to happen. I dont think we can afford to keep going year after year with poor training facilities.

Well said.

It's a major issue that the club for now three years have not been totally upfront about. They say one thing and it doesn't occur.

One of many points the club is lacking. Needs addressing.

I've said for a while that I'd like Heart to get better training facilities, and that our training facilities are far from ideal. I mainly think we should get better training facilities to improve Heart's training (and then, hopefully, the match day football as well), and reduce player injuries (we had the 3rd worst injury record in our second season, for instance).

Is it proven though that Heart's training facilities deter players from coming to Heart? That could be the case, but is it known as a fact? Money is still a big incentive in football. We got JVS, an Ajax coach and Ajax legend, to come to Heart (before we even had training facilities organised, I recall). Also, many footballers go to all regions of the world mainly because the paychecks are large enough. So, I reckon Heart could provide enough incentive for a big signing to come to Heart, regardless of our training facilities. I could be wrong, but I'd like to hear about the evidence that proves me wrong.

I think it's true we need better facilities. I've been to two fan forums where we were told that the club was expecting government funding for the development of La Trobe. It looks like it hasn't been approved yet. And the longer we go without an announcement, the harder it is to be confident that it will happen. Something needs to happen. I dont think we can afford to keep going year after year with poor training facilities.

Well said.

It's a major issue that the club for now three years have not been totally upfront about. They say one thing and it doesn't occur.

Why do Vizitards get to train at Gosford's Paddock?

couldnt we have got in first/why didnt we?

Would take Flores in a heartbeat.

yes

sack kewell and sign flores imo

IMO Kewell has more goals in him... which is what we need now, when we dont have a legitimate striker to this point.

Well said.

Victory is based at AAMI park and the lexus centre I beleive, since their inception and they share with storm and Collingwood from memory. If what is said about Karagounis looking at the facilities then we would have no chance. In fact I think in an article some time ago it said we have the worst facilites in the league. Ill try and find it.

In the mean time...

world class :P

839528-heart.jpg

also getting a little nervous about this marquee if Victory pull off Karagounis

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Yes, but quite a lot of what you see there is not the facilities themselves - it's the way people are treating them.

In the early days there were pictures of the tea-making facilities etc. What you saw was nothing to do with buildings etc. but just people not being prepared to keep what they had in an orderly fashion.

Professionalism starts with yourself, not with the building that you're in.

Yes, but quite a lot of what you see there is not the facilities themselves - it's the way people are treating them.

In the early days there were pictures of the tea-making facilities etc. What you saw was nothing to do with buildings etc. but just people not being prepared to keep what they had in an orderly fashion.

Professionalism starts with yourself, not with the building that you're in.

Tea rooms a mess, fold the club.
  • Like 2

I was watching that show about the Mariners 'The Code' and they were using wheelie bins too. I don't see the big deal, it's the ice that's important, not what it's in, right?

Provy 3 sides use wheelie bins, it's a professionalism thing. We are an elite club, we should be acting like it.

The main area of my concern though is the field they train on. It's not of standard.

With so many quality pitches around why use one not of standard. If La Trobe and the government won't come to the party, time to move.

I was watching that show about the Mariners 'The Code' and they were using wheelie bins too. I don't see the big deal, it's the ice that's important, not what it's in, right?

Provy 3 sides use wheelie bins, it's a professionalism thing. We are an elite club, we should be acting like it.

The main area of my concern though is the field they train on. It's not of standard.

With so many quality pitches around why use one not of standard. If La Trobe and the government won't come to the party, time to move.

According to HeartFc, we're moving to Casey aren't we?  :lol:

According to HeartFc, we're moving to Casey aren't we? :lol:

I guess you missed the part where council documents show the subject was discussed in great detail. If its approved it'll happen...

Good effort there mate but maybe you should've read the whole thread.

Just came back from hearts training session. Couple things I saw, Murdocca (fcknanglospellcheck) doesn't stop working he will be excellent for us in the midfield, something we lacked last season, Ramsey looks good on the ball and up close really looks like he has time, keeps a cool head when under pressure. Golgol had trouble reading some of the plays but did alright, dmac looked ok on the ball but misplaced quite a few passes. Walker, Williams and most of the other players performed as well as they normally do as far as I could tell. Hoffman looks very comfortable in front of goal yet lacked that sharpness when placed in any other position other than shooting.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Just came back from hearts training session. Couple things I saw, Murdoch doesn't stop working he will be excellent for us in the midfield, something we lacked last season, Ramsey looks good on the ball and up close really looks like he has time, keeps a cool head when under pressure. Golgol had trouble reading some of the plays but did alright, dmac looked ok on the ball but misplaced quite a few passes. Walker, Williams and most of the other players performed as well as they normally do as far as I could tell. Hoffman looks very comfortable in front of goal yet lacked that sharpness when placed in any other position other than shooting.

The fact Gol Gol is hopefully going to have a full preseason is a massive plus,

IMO he has as much natural attacking ability as most fowards in the league - He just needs to start playing week in/week out football.

• Like 2

Nah no Garcia, taseski not sure, I've never seen the kid in person just from pictures, but he may have been there. There were a few faces I couldn't put a name to. They did a half pitch match so a bit hard to tell whether Ramsay was being used more as an attacking winger or defensive one.

Heart are training at Trinity Sports Grounds in Bulleen right now

Is that why they were at Epping Yesterday?

Before someone comes on screaming about how unprofessional this is:

A lot of professional sporting teams like to Mix up where they hold training (Inparticular Preseason Training) to keep things fresh for the players in such a tiring period of their year.

The school I went to in Perth use to often have the Dockers and Eagles train at it whilst my brothers school has had the Wallabies, the Warratahs and the Sydney Swans train at the school he attended in Sydney.

It should be noted that certain Private School sporting grounds are often kept in very condition as well.

• Like 1

I totally agree and have always believed golgol is an untapped talent that needs to be worked with and educated (coached) and not just managed

Mate, hats off to you for getting down there so quick, watch them train and get back to us all in a matter of a couple of hours!

Love you work and commitment!  :)

Before someone comes on screaming about how unprofessional this is:

A lot of professional sporting teams like to Mix up where they hold training (Inparticular Preseason Training) to keep things fresh for the players in such a tiring period of their year.

The school I went to in Perth use to often have the Dockers and Eagles train at it whilst my brothers school has had the Wallabies, the Warratahs and the Sydney Swans train at the school he attended in Sydney.

It should be noted that certain Private School sporting grounds are often kept in very condition as well.

This is what a lot of AFL clubs do.

I agree with this, if La Trobe isn't good enough, use pitches that are. Getting the lads fit and in top condition is paramount to us being successful. 

This is now up to the management of the club to sort out. Get a deal in place with a pitch that is up to standard. La Trobe is not the be all and end all. This is of major concern for me.

I totally agree and have always believed golgol is an untapped talent that needs to be worked with and educated (coached) and not just managed

Mate, hats off to you for getting down there so quick, watch them train and get back to us all in a matter of a couple of hours!

Love you work and commitment!  :)

Coming from a coaching background I enjoy the training just as much if not more than the match itself haha and it's not far from where I work. A note about the training ground at trinity, I walked around on the pitch a bit and found it to be in very good condition for the rain we had. This is by far the most important aspect of a training facility. Firm but still had a nice soft feel underneath. Obviously doesn't have all the other aspects a proper training facility would have, but I liked the fact it is hidden away from the anyone besides the high school from seeing it. It was actually a nice place to train I thought.

Before someone comes on screaming about how unprofessional this is: A lot of professional sporting teams like to Mix up where they hold training (Inparticular Preseason Training) to keep things fresh for the players in such a tiring period of their year. The school I went to in Perth use to often have the Dockers and Eagles train at it whilst my brothers school has had the Wallabies, the Warratahs and the Sydney Swans train at the school he attended in Sydney. It should be noted that certain Private School sporting grounds are often kept in very condition as well.

This is what a lot of AFL clubs do. I agree with this, if La Trobe isn't good enough, use pitches that are. Getting the lads fit and in top condition is paramount to us being successful.  This is now up to the management of the club to sort out. Get a deal in place with a pitch that is up to standard. La Trobe is not the be all and end all. This is of major concern for me.

I haven't seen the Latrobe pitches but going by everyone's reactions it's safe to speculate that the trinity pitch is much much better.

The problem with La Trobe isn't so much the surface, it's a lack of drainage. During winter, when we're doing our pre-season, it can get waterlogged, with puddles of surface water, and it's often soft and muddy. It's ok during summer. But when we get periods of rain, training at Epping or Bulleen becomes a necessity. From what I've seen, the Epping surface remains good in all conditions. La Trobe really isn't good enough at the moment IMO.

Edited by Sash

The problem with La Trobe isn't so much the surface, it's a lack of drainage. During winter, when we're doing our pre-season, it can get waterlogged, with puddles of surface water, and it's often soft and muddy. It's ok during summer. But when we get periods of rain, training at Epping or Bulleen becomes a necessity. From what I've seen, the Epping surface remains good in all conditions. La Trobe really isn't good enough at the moment IMO.

Was actually going to comment on the sponginess of the LaTrobe pitch and how it allows for quality ball movement etc.. Haven't seen it during winter though so pity that it can get waterlogged etc.

Well said.

Victory is based at AAMI park and the lexus centre I beleive, since their inception and they share with storm and Collingwood from memory. If what is said about Karagounis looking at the facilities then we would have no chance. In fact I think in an article some time ago it said we have the worst facilites in the league. Ill try and find it.

In the mean time...

world class :P

839528-heart.jpg

also getting a little nervous about this marquee if Victory pull off Karagounis

Nobody shares Westpac Centre (no longer called Lexus Centre) with Collingwood FC......its always been for their use and their use only.

At the back of Westpac Centre, what use to be Olympic Park, is now Collingwood's training ground, which is open to public when Collingwood are not using it. Their old training ground, at Gotch's Paddock in now used by Melbourne FC.

In between Gotch's Paddock and AAMI Park are the training grounds for Victory and Storm.

AAMI Park building facilities (pool and gym) are shared by Melbourne FC, Victory and Melbourne Storm.

Having said that Heart need to get off their butts and find some 21st Century facilities....we probably have the worst in the A-league and even the VPL.

From the pic above...at least the plastic chairs are in the club colours... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: