Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Would be affordable is a free agent and would score more goals for us than tadic did last year

Took a 50% pay-cut when West Ham relegated a few years back. Says two things; either he will be available at a decent price, or now that he's moving towards his twilight years he may seek a big payday elsewhere

• Like 1

Carlton cole anyone?

Circa 2009 yes.

Would score 10+ Goals in the A-league if his stint in the championship last year (15 goals) is anything to go by, Was till creating chances in the  PL this year, just was god awful with the clear scoring opportunities he has and should have had 5-7 more goals to his name this year. Would be as effective if not more so than Heskey, who while not outstanding still scored more than any Heart player has in a single season.  

Iaquinta would be a great signing! Speaking of the Serie A, Di Natale would be my dream marquee, but may need to wait another year for him to be deemed possible. Seems to have too much drive left to consider a move away from Udinese.

one (if not the) best striker in the league this season. might be waiting a while.

Ned Zelic for marquee please. Heart could use the imagination and fantasy.

obviously for me, he has that individual brilliance.

• Like 2

I made mention of Mario Gomez on the Grant Holt thread, as Gomez is not getting a game at Bayern. Would make an excellent point striker qhwith wingers running off him. Might be a bit out of our league but...

Careful Scotty might call the papers tell em heart is interested in Gomez now. Hell he might even tell them we're in 'advanced' negotiations and that we've made a 'bid' for him.

I made mention of Mario Gomez on the Grant Holt thread, as Gomez is not getting a game at Bayern. Would make an excellent point striker with wingers running off him. Might be a bit out of our league but...

He is still worth 10+ million, we will go after Klose before Gomez and that is a year off before his contract at Lazio runs out i believe

Edited by Mentor

Iaquinta would be a great signing! Speaking of the Serie A, Di Natale would be my dream marquee, but may need to wait another year for him to be deemed possible. Seems to have too much drive left to consider a move away from Udinese.

one (if not the) best striker in the league this season. might be waiting a while.

Ned Zelic for marquee please. Heart could use the imagination and fantasy.

obviously for me, he has that individual brilliance.

Definitely. Give Melbourne Heart the ingredients, and they're capable of beating anyone in this world...

I made mention of Mario Gomez on the Grant Holt thread, as Gomez is not getting a game at Bayern. Would make an excellent point striker qhwith wingers running off him. Might be a bit out of our league but...

Careful Scotty might call the papers tell em heart is interested in Gomez now. Hell he might even tell them we're in 'advanced' negotiations and that we've made a 'bid' for him.

Forever the painful cynic HeartFc

I made mention of Mario Gomez on the Grant Holt thread, as Gomez is not getting a game at Bayern. Would make an excellent point striker with wingers running off him. Might be a bit out of our league but...

He is still worth 10+ million, we will go after Klose before Gomez and that is a year off before his contract at Lazio runs out i believe

http://www.football-italia.net/34911/report-napoli-sign-mario-gomez

dont think this will happen. hes 27 FFS.

Karagounis has just rejected a contract offer from Panathinaikos.

He has come out and said that he will continue his playing career abroard.

Not sure what to make of that. Maybe he might be on his way to the A-League.

Was there a rumor on here Victory were after him?

Karagounis has just rejected a contract offer from Panathinaikos.

He has come out and said that he will continue his playing career abroard.

Not sure what to make of that. Maybe he might be on his way to the A-League.

I posted in the thread yesterday, he's very keen to go to melbourne victory. Apparently will be made captain

WTF was Aloisi doing in Europe. He knew that Karagounis was available. This is what HEART need, a creative midfielder. If Karagounis goes to the Tards they will continue to grow. Not a good sign for us.

Lol. Oh noooooo! The mongs might sign a Greek! We're definitely going to fold now.
  • Like 3

WTF was Aloisi doing in Europe. He knew that Karagounis was available. This is what HEART need, a creative midfielder. If Karagounis goes to the Tards they will continue to grow. Not a good sign for us.

You don't know who is on the list of players spoken to so maybe there is someone of better value and profile in the waiting. As good as he was for Fulham I would much rather a younger Marquee at the age of 35 who would most likely sign for a year where as you could get a 30-32 who will hang around for 3 years 

Edited by AntiScum