Melbourne Football

Muscat to replace Marrone

AntiScum

We'd be better playing J Walker and spending money on a good CB

cough Madaski cough

Who is that?? Some random Macedonia defender...?

You know what, only now have I realised this mistake, and at the time I actually sat there looking at the spelling thinking it looked wrong... But I convinced myself I had it right!

Why don't we all just type in "Football Centre Back" into youtube? seems to be the way most A-League teams recruit anyway.

Don’t we already have our foreign spots taking up (because his represented Malta abroad…or is he considered Australian??)

Also don’t think we need him seeing we have Grella/Gerhardt/Germano all capable of playing as defensive midfielders...we just need a GK,CB and maybe a new midfielder if Fred cannot be consistently on the park for the remainder of the season.

Edited by Heart>Victory

Don’t we already have our foreign spots taking up (because his represented Malta abroad…or is he considered Australian??)

Also don’t think we need him seeing we have Grella/Gerhardt/Germano all capable of playing as defensive midfielders...we just need a GK,CB and maybe a new midfielder if Fred cannot be consistently on the park for the remainder of the season.

It's not an issue. He carries an Australian passport (as well as EU), therefore he is classed as Australian and will not fill a visa spot. My concern with him is that he is a hack, not his surname or what passport he carries.

Jezza Walker is more than capable to be our 1st choice right back imo. That being said, I would still be happy with signing muscat cos he would add a lot of depth as he can play in a few defensive roles.

I don't think it will happen though.

As long as he is prepared to take some chances like he did on debut, he looked a lot more nervous on Sunday...

• Like 1

Jezza Walker is more than capable to be our 1st choice right back imo. That being said, I would still be happy with signing muscat cos he would add a lot of depth as he can play in a few defensive roles.

As long as he is prepared to take some chances like he did on debut, he looked a lot more nervous on Sunday...

Of course he was nervous. Our football department in all their brilliance had already talked up playing Germano at right back or finding another replacement for Marone. Never mind Walker got nothing but praise when he filled in earlier in the season. You wouldn't read about it. Oh, yes you would.

Of course he was nervous. Our football department in all their brilliance had already talked up playing Germano at right back or finding another replacement for Marone. Never mind Walker got nothing but praise when he filled in earlier in the season. You wouldn't read about it. Oh, yes you would.

Completley agree that he should have been backed in by the coaching staff more, I am one of Jezza's biggest fans and I know he can make it as an A League Fullback.

Edited by cadete

Completley agree that he should have been backed in by the coaching staff more, I am one of Jezza's biggest fans and I know he can make it as an A League Fullback.

I'm another one who thought the comments from the club about filling the right-back position were completely unhelpful for Walker's confidence and self-belief.

In Jezza's debut he was much more inclined to push foward when the opportunity came as he does in the NYL team.

On Sunday however, I felt every time the ball came to him he looked for the pass which IMO just prevented him from playing his natural game.

Edited by cadete

• 3 months later...