Melbourne Football

Round 17 - MHFC v Adelaide- Friday 18th

borris

Yes a bit early but the newletter has prompted this:

Own the experience’ match

Our next home game against Adelaide United on Friday 18 January will see members own the experience of our Match Day on a number of fronts. Fans will be able to play a significant part in the evening’s entertainment and get to the heart of the Club’s activities, engaging with their fellow supporters as we look to continue our good form in the team's last Friday night match under lights at home.

Club Song

Our supporter groups have initiated a club song which we would like to trial run for this match. ‘So happy together’ by the Turtles will be played after the players walk out on to the pitch just before kick-off. Played over the loud speaker and with the lyrics being relayed on the big screen, we want the whole stadium to sing the song as one, from every side of the stadium. This is a great opportunity for all fans to get involved and rev the players up from the sidelines. Once we’ve trialled the song, we’ll take feedback from the members post-match and see whether they want to continue with the concept. A full list of lyrics is available here to get yourself prepared in the meantime!

Blogger Outreach Day

We’re rewarding Melbourne Heart Foundation members of the club with the chance to report on the full match-day experience from behind the scenes on a typical game day. We’re inviting five foundation members to immerse themselves in club activity from start to finish and blog on the experience. They will get a tour of the stadium, the chance to interview certain staff, sit on the sideline and report on the game, as well as getting amazing access to the post-match press conference. If interested, please email membership@melbourneheartfc.com.au stating in 50 words or less why you should be rewarded with the chance to blog on the experience. We will announce the winners at the beginning of next week.

Five a side on the famous AAMI Park

We will also be hosting a member’s 5-a-side match at half time in front of the Yarraside end, allowing members to showcase their skills. Entries to this once in a lifetime experience will be put in to a hat and winners drawn out and announced on match day. Again, email us at membership@melbourneheartfc.com.au to put your hat in the ring!

Fans Man of the match

Fans will be able to select their man of the match from the Adelaide game by taking part in a Facebook poll at the end of the match. Perceived top players will be selected and the fans choice will be announced by a member on the ground at the end of the match.

Sounds like the club is listening!

• Like 1

Bravo to the club.

Indigenous Match

Our Round 17 Hyundai A-League match against Adelaide United also doubles as our indigenous fixture, where the Club acknowledges the contribution of aboriginal footballers to our great game.

This will be the third year Heart celebrates an indigenous fixture, with AAMI Park located on a sacred site.

David Williams has been a terrific ambassador for indigenous footballers for the Red and White and members of our indigenous community will take part in game-day activiations.

:)

Edited by kontra.11

Not a fan of singing a song that contains the word blue.

Not a fan of singing a song that contains the word blue.

Yeah 100% agree, I don't think we have anyway of changing lyrics either because there are a couple bit that don't really go too well.

And "the girl you love and hold her tight"

Just sing "Red" instead...

Club Song

Our supporter groups have initiated a club song which we would like to trial run for this match. ‘So happy together’ by the Turtles will be played after the players walk out on to the pitch just before kick-off. Played over the loud speaker and with the lyrics being relayed on the big screen, we want the whole stadium to sing the song as one, from every side of the stadium. This is a great opportunity for all fans to get involved and rev the players up from the sidelines. Once we’ve trialled the song, we’ll take feedback from the members post-match and see whether they want to continue with the concept. A full list of lyrics is available here to get yourself prepared in the meantime!

... Sounds like the club is listening!

That's great. Still much prefer this song though.

I am going, and bringing two friends with me :P. I am really not looking forward to this, but the fact that it is at home gives me some hope.

Brilliant! Coming to Imp before hand?

It's going to be a hard game, but, we can win.

This game will be about what we can do. If we can bring an attitude, a noise, and #OneMelburnian kicks off and we get a decent crowd it could do so much for the club we love!

You bringing two extra people is awesome! I'm not going to stop bringing people to the club, and as members too! Hope to sign up a few more members this week! Keep pushing crew!

Redmayne

Walker Colosimo Gerhardt Behich

Germano

Fred Garcia

Merbrahtu Tadic Williams

Bench: Bolton Thompson Edwards Kalmar

This line up provides the most flexibility and allows for smarter and more tactical changes. Thompson can come on anywhere, CB, RB, defensive mid, attacking mid and on the wings. If Tadic needs to be replaced any of Golgol, Williams and Garcia can move into striker with Kalmar or Edwards being subbed for Tadic depending on what's necessary. This leaves the other of the two available for when Fred inevitably cramps up around the 70th minute. Make it happen JA.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

Can actually see a good crowd this week. With a lot of people leaving the 'day session' of the AO around 6-6:30 and AAMI park being across the road, we may get a little better than expected.

If the club were half smart they would have people around the exits of the AO promoting and alerting people of our game.

But hey, a smart marketing decision by our club... can't see that happening..

• Like 4

Unless we are 3-0 up by half-time I can't see us winning this game. AU have never lost to either team at AAMI Park, they have a perfect record there. We'll put in a good first half performance but I can't see any evidence that they players are able to implement the coaches plan for 90 minutes. My prediction: 1:3