Melbourne Football

What Really Grinds My Gears

MrAiDaN66

Haha LR9..

Whoever our fan engagement manager is , is not doing a great job of bringing new supporters into the club.

Also the advertising team. I do not really see anything anywhere about the club, not even about our next game.

You're telling me aloisi while he is doing his commercials for ptv that he can't throw a couple extra words like "and don't forget Melbourne heart are playing...get down etc."

Can someone please explain how Hoffman put the ball into row Z in the final minute of the game and not at least on target?

some shit can't be explained. One day science will be able to tell us, but until then we must be patient.

the explanation is quite simply... Hoffman

• Like 2

Those mc's at the derby. They were victory supporters. They announced happily the Archie scored despite the fact that it was OUR home game.

The Fucking Four Diegos... What I would give to throw them some form of life ban from football stadiums in this country to ensure they don't polute my ears EVER again.

No fucking clue those idiots

The MC(s) on game day. So positive and energetic it's a bit frightening

They annoy me intensely. Can't stand quasi-American hype. And hate the 'music.' Let the fans make the atmosphere in the stadium, their atmosphere and their way. Helps create the identity that everyone bangs on about. How can the crowd get going with chants and songs if their eardrums are numbed by all the crap coming over the speakers?

Announcement of the teams has deteriorated - what happened to the players' numbers?

Half-time entertainment has become monotonous. Couldn't we get a marching band - police or Army or equivalent - once in a while? And let Yarraside play as suggested above.

And agree on advertising next home game.

• Like 2

The MC(s) on game day. So positive and energetic it's a bit frightening

They annoy me intensely. Can't stand quasi-American hype. And hate the 'music.' Let the fans make the atmosphere in the stadium, their atmosphere and their way. Helps create the identity that everyone bangs on about. How can the crowd get going with chants and songs if their eardrums are numbed by all the crap coming over the speakers?

Announcement of the teams has deteriorated - what happened to the players' numbers?

Half-time entertainment has become monotonous. Couldn't we get a marching band - police or Army or equivalent - once in a while? And let Yarraside play as suggested above.

And agree on advertising next home game.

Totally agree. Match day needs improvement. It is what happens when people who don't understand the sport try and do.

Announcers are shocking.

I heard on SEN Grella is out for another month.

He's been 2 weeks away 3 times.

Not good enough. Made our fans really negative towards our club. Every fan wants the truth our club seem to feed us crap a lot of the time.

This is bad PR now when having Grella should have been a positive is now a negative. PR wise.

I heard on SEN Grella is out for another month.

He's been 2 weeks away 3 times.

Not good enough. Made our fans really negative towards our club. Every fan wants the truth our club seem to feed us crap a lot of the time.

This is bad PR now when having Grella should have been a positive is now a negative. PR wise.

I said it ages ago, the bloke will not play a game for the club...

Fabian Francis at Fremantle.

• Like 1

Sidwell & Munn - he should tell all members why we did not hire Ange p and instead hired that overpaid coattail jvs. Common knowledge why around the traps.

Didiluca - tadic, maycon, grella who is responsible for these hacks?

Kewell/beckham - why did we not throw the kitchen sink at these players?

Edited by PAheart

Kewell, no thanks. Beckham, they have tried but he refused to come to Australia. Dubai or China I hear he will go too.

JD - Tadic, Garcia, Gerhardt, Gol Gol.... He can find them. Wait, you have Tadic as a hack? What?

Our ownership I won't defend. They are useless. Munn does well with what he is supplied but can do more. Not the worst but needs to grow a pair.

Too late now but originally would of put numbers thru the gate.

Created fans we possibly never had. Whether they would of been long term we never know.

Missed opportunity. We would of treated him better than victory as well. Also although I wasn't a fan of JVS he would of had the experience to deal with him.

Good to get a feel of what other fans think.

Yes, as a marketing ploy - great business - must have swelled the tards coffers a bit.

But as a player i never rated him, but as you said PAheart its what other fans think.

Tadic, may not be the fastest play on the park, but he has vision and the problem with that is that if you play a forward ball you expect someone to be running on to it ( hasn't happened much this season) also makes runs but no one in midfield seems to know how to play a forward ball with out holding on to it untill the defence reforms.

Maybe our midifled has been training with the Storm and have gotten it in the heads you can only pass back wards (thankfully we have PG to help out)

Yes, as a marketing ploy - great business - must have swelled the tards coffers a bit.

But as a player i never rated him, but as you said PAheart its what other fans think.

Tadic, may not be the fastest play on the park, but he has vision and the problem with that is that if you play a forward ball you expect someone to be running on to it ( hasn't happened much this season) also makes runs but no one in midfield seems to know how to play a forward ball with out holding on to it untill the defence reforms.

Maybe our midifled has been training with the Storm and have gotten it in the heads you can only pass back wards (thankfully we have PG to help out)

This is why Tadic has worked well with Garcia. With Garcia's experience at a higher level and Tadic's obvious abilities, they know how to read the game and each others play to be in the best position. Tadic is not the fastest player but you don't have to be to play this game. You need football brain cells between the ears and hopefully a few team mates with the same attributes. That's where the Tards came undone with Kewell and SFC have the same problem with ADP. Not enough team mates at a high enough standard to play alongside champions.
  • Like 1

The crappy, fake MC saying shit like 'let's hear your best roar all you melbourne heart fans' and the overly loud music at games. Doesn't work and is cringeworthy.

Cut this shit.

Also, matches not kicking off at the advertised start times.

Lack of Mel McLaughlin at home games.

Edited by stoneislandjacket
  • Like 2