Melbourne Football

Round 11 - CCM v MHFC - 14 Dec, 7:30pm

cadete

Got a feeling where gonna smash these cunts with Garcia, Zyzz & Marrone back. Although everytime I've got that feeling this season (and last) we have lost.

Will try & get down to the imp if I can drag a few others along.

Garcia on the Wing is obviously the biggest inclusion,

As Willow's pace caused all kinds of problems for Perth in the 2nd Half on the Left, so hopefully he can cont. his form agianst CCM with Garcia causing even greater problems on the Right. :up:

TBH we have not missed Marrone on his form this year – Hopefully he comes back a bit fresher and more like MM11/12 than MM12/13. :up:

As for Aziz, IMO u never know what u are going to get with him. One of his runs can directly result in a goal for us or cause us to concede one the rebound. :mellow:

Edited by cadete

It will be pretty interesting to see who Aloisi picks this week with Garcia, Behich and Marrone back. I think Mitchinson and Walker have been playing very well so would be unlucky to be dropped (but probably will). Also think it would be harsh to drop Gol Gol after his goal last week. Imagine the depth we will have when (if) Grella and Germano are back (y)

CCM away is probably the hardest match to get anything from at the moment so I would be happy if we could get a point this week.

Make sure you get to the pub chaps so we can introduce/practice a few new chants for the derby next week.

If we don't get intimidated

If we play to our ability

If we don't have any Mr Bean moments...

we can get some sort of result in this game. I think CCM at home actually suit us better than CCM at AAMI because they are a much more positive attacking team at home. Our counter-attacking style (like it or not) is better suited to these teams rather than CCM away who usually sit deep and we don't have the skill to break them down.

I still remember last year after pushing and pushing and finally getting back to 1-1, Germano gave away a penalty for handball when it clearly hit his shoulder/chest. Sick of losing to this mob.

It was Fred - I remember as I was the guy that loudly cracked it and stormed out of The Gimp for a dart.

I still remember last year after pushing and pushing and finally getting back to 1-1, Germano gave away a penalty for handball when it clearly hit his shoulder/chest. Sick of losing to this mob.

It was Fred - I remember as I was the guy that loudly cracked it and stormed out of The Gimp for a dart.

was certain it was germano

was certain it was germano

You sir are...

correct.

I'll get down to the pub too.

We usually play pretty well against CCM but always seem to go down narrowly - either a bad call from the ref, or a lapse in concentation. Realistically, they should be too good, but hopefully we're due the rub of the green this time.

Garcia and beich to slot straight back in to starting line-up and marrone come off bench.

I'm in favour of this. Garcia adds a bit of grunt and his use of the ball and ability to score goals puts him ahead of Kalmar (who has been playing well). Marone hasn't been the best for us at right back and I would like to see Walker retain his place. Marone for Def. Mid.?

Papers reporting today that

1) Marrone will most likely take his starting spot on Friday

2) Marrone is well aware that he "has a young bloke snapping at his heels"

3) Aziz and Rich will need to prove their fitness and are no certain starters

4) Germano is back to full training capacity

I doubt Garcia's fitness test will be too tough...

marrone and aziz to replace walker and mitchinson at full back

garcia to replace hoff in midfield

germano to get a spot on the bench hopefully

It’s about time Germano gets out on the park and playing some games...

If he really thinks MH is not paying him enough then he needs to prove it by providing something to be paid for on the football field each week. :up:

I am sure I am not the only one who finds it annoying that two of Visa players in Germano and Fred spend half of their time injured. :unsure:

Which of course when coupled with the “Steven Gray Fiasco” becomes an even more frustrating fact. :hmm:

The club claimed at the start of the year they wanted to have spots left free on the list for unforseen stuff.

Fair Enuf, well now we have lost our Right Winger so we need an replacement but the problem is he has to be Australian. :unsure:

FFS even Paul Reid has a regular playing gig at SFC nowadays so who are we going to get?

Sarkies :droy: or maybe Kamal :droy:

Imagine if we had given Nabbout a senior contract (As opposed to MV's NYL Contract) at the start of the season... :hmm:

Edited by cadete

marrone and aziz to replace walker and mitchinson at full back

garcia to replace hoff in midfield

germano to get a spot on the bench hopefully

It’s about time Germano gets out on the park and playing some games...

If he really thinks MH is not paying him enough then he needs to prove it by providing something to be paid for on the football field each week. :up:

I am sure I am not the only one who finds it annoying that two of Visa players in Germano and Fred spend half of their time injured. :unsure:

Which of course when coupled with the “Steven Gray Fiasco” becomes an even more frustrating fact. :hmm:

The club claimed at the start of the year they wanted to have spots left free on the list for unforseen stuff.

Fair Enuf, well now we have lost our Right Winger so we need an replacement but the problem is he has to be Australian. :unsure:

FFS even Paul Reid has a regular playing gig at SFC nowadays so who are we going to get?

Sarkies :droy: or maybe Kamal :droy:

Imagine if we had given Nabbout a senior contract (As opposed to MV's NYL Contract) at the start of the season... :hmm:

Plus, perhaps, the Grella situation...?

JD is on record that we will not sign anyone for either Dugandzic or Garuccio.

1. Clint Bolton (GK), 2. Michael Marrone, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matthew Thompson, 9. Dylan Macallister, 10. Josip Tadic, 11. Richard Garcia, 14. GolGol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 16. Aziz Behich, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 22. Nick Kalmar

*one to be omitted

1. Clint Bolton (GK), 2. Michael Marrone, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Fred, 6. Patrick Gerhardt, 8. Matthew Thompson, 9. Dylan Macallister, 10. Josip Tadic, 11. Richard Garcia, 14. GolGol Mebrahtu, 15. David Williams, 16. Aziz Behich, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. David Vrankovic, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 22. Nick Kalmar

*one to be omitted

Surely Kalmar won't be dropped. Stiffest man in the A-League if so. Hoffman or Vrankovic to make way IMO.

100% agree with Kalmar. But Dmac to make way.

IMO

-Bolton-

-------------- -Marrone- -Gerhardt- -Colosimo- -Behich-

-----------------------Hoffman- -Thompson-

------------------------------ -Kalmar---

--------------------- -Garcia- ------ -Williams-

-------------------------- -----Tadic-

SUB: Redders

GolGol

Fred

Vranks

Edited by MrAiDaN66

100% agree with Kalmar. But Dmac to make way.

IMO

-Bolton-

-Marrone- -Gerhardt- -Colosimo- -Behich-

-Hoffman- -Thompson-

-Kalmar-

-Garcia- -Williams-

-Tadic-

SUB: Redders

GolGol

Fred

Vranks

There is no way Kalmar has proved himself anywhere near capable of playing as an effective Number 10 in the A League let alone against the Ladder Leaders and consistent performers in that of Central Coast.

Fred or Garcia will start as number 10, most likely Fred because Garcia can also play well on the wing.

Edited by cadete