Melbourne Football

Round 11 - CCM v MHFC - 14 Dec, 7:30pm

cadete

There is no way Kalmar has proved himself anywhere near capable of playing as an effective Number 10 in the A League let alone against the Ladder Leaders and consistent performers in that of Central Coast.

He was very effective last week and was our best player.. Showed more in one game in his real position than someone like Thompson has shown all year..

Would be unfair to be dropped after last weeks performance but the favourites must play i guess.. :wacko:

A draw would be great in this one. The boys are capable of it if they maintain their discipline and tempo for the whole game.. Might even pinch it..

• Like 1

Garcia is not the issue as he has been good enough to claim an automatic selection, it is that Thompson keeps getting 90 mins despite being horrible this season.. Kalmar should be ahead of him, especially after last week..

And the same goes for Marrone, who has shown nothing yet just walks back in despite Walker playing really well..

This is where the difference between JA and JVS is and it is why someone like Colosimo didn't like JVS.. The young players were given a fair go rather than just being injury fill ins..

Edited by kontra.11
  • Like 1

Kalmar played well last week and has plenty of potential. But I'm still unsure about him because he's been so inconsistent so far. He's far from proven at this level. With Garcia back, I think it probably makes sense to have him on the bench.

Agree with this. Kalmar can sometimes dither on the ball providing a cheap turnover for the opposition.

Edited by HEARTinator

Garcia is not the issue as he has been good enough to claim an automatic selection, it is that Thompson keeps getting 90 mins despite being horrible this season.. Kalmar should be ahead of him, especially after last week..

And the same goes for Marrone, who has shown nothing yet just walks back in despite Walker playing really well..

This is where the difference between JA and JVS is and it is why someone like Colosimo didn't like JVS.. The young players were given a fair go rather than just being injury fill ins..

Completely agree about Thompson. Does not deserve to be in the squad. Marrone and J. Walker must have been a line-ball decision.

• Like 1

The problem is we need two DMs in case we're getting hammered. Thompson and Hoffman unfortunately fill that role. As mentioned on other threads, Marrone into DM and giving Walker another go would be ideal. The kid should be given another chance and it may shake Marrone into a bit of form. Also agree with sentiment that having subs that can only fill one roll is crazy. Flexibility is king with a small bench.

• Like 1

I would say people will be there from 6pm onwards.

LADS, we need to start getting new faces down to the pub to help build the culture/atmosphere, so come on down and bring a mate or twelve! :up:

Exactly. Get down there cunts. You have no idea how lucky you are to live so close to the club. I wish I had the option of getting down to the Imp weekly and making friends with you boys. But sadly living so far away it's so much effort just getting to every home match. I've only been to the Imp twice and have only met Ando in person.

So fucking make use of what you have and get behind the club.

Disagree with the comments about Kalmaar having a good game last week. I personally hope he is dropped and what the hell is Alosi thinking buy dropping Walker and Mitchinson, they should a lot and they are the future.

He seems to me that he hasn't got the job to develop players he wants experienced players who he sees as short term fix. I would not be happy if we lost any of those two young blokes. Very different coach to JVS, wish we got him back.

Disagree with the comments about Kalmaar having a good game last week. I personally hope he is dropped and what the hell is Alosi thinking buy dropping Walker and Mitchinson, they should a lot and they are the future.

He seems to me that he hasn't got the job to develop players he wants experienced players who he sees as short term fix. I would not be happy if we lost any of those two young blokes. Very different coach to JVS, wish we got him back.

kalmar was definitely one of our better players last week. He was certainly more effective than Thompson, Hoff, and Fred.

kalmar was definitely one of our better players last week. He was certainly more effective than Thompson, Hoff, and Fred.

Thompson looked good in the second half when he wasn't so defensive minded. Fred seems off his game and the Hoff is consistently picked by default it would seem. Kalmar played better than I have seen him for a while and Walker did nothing to deserve being dropped.

Having said that, if someone goes to represent their country it is a bit rich to not have a place for them when they get back. Therefore I would (for what it's worth and I think I posted either on this thread or another) keep Walker at right back, free up Thompson maybe by dropping Fred and move Marone to defensive mid. Behich is still our best left back which leaves us with selection problems but shows the depth we have.

It is a shame our season isn't longer so more players can get more of a run with form, injuries, suspensions etc. but at the moment that is how it is.

I am confident we can get a result tonight, hopefully a win.

Tadic out, game over.

D-Mac did well all pre-season and hit the ground running in our victory over V*****y. He hit the cross bar in our game against Brisbane as I remember it, holds the ball up well etc.

It is not game over yet.

Agree. He obviously doesn't have the class of Tadic, but works hard. Is a decent front man. And Garcia's return is bigger than Tadic's absence IMO.

Starting line-ups:

Mariners 11: Ryan (Gk), McBreen, Rose, Bojic, Zwaanswijk, Hutchinson ©, Ibini, Rogic, McGlinchey, Sainsbury, Montgomery

Heart 11: Bolton, Marrone, Colosimo, Gerhardt, Behich, Hoffman, Thompson, Garcia, Fred, Macallister, Williams

IMO we'll be lucky to get anything out of this game. Anyone know what's wrong with Tadic?