Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

rb9Wzea.jpg

So who are you putting your money on for when these two have it out?

For me, you can't go past Abbott. Previously has competed in boxing, and is a pretty fit cunt. Also look at the chest hair comparison.

Putin may have worked with the KGB, but he trained in Judo, which is for little girls. Rumours are that he once went toe to toe with wild animals, but Tone is on a whole different level imo.

I look forward in the coming weeks from the political nobodies and frustrated unelectable hacks on Twatter on how Putin is the lesser of two evils when compared to Abbott.

Mind you it should be a relatively straight forward exercise for a bunch of PPL who are capable of seeing George W Bush as worse than Hitler.

What a serious cunt!

• Like 1

What a serious cunt!

The only reason he got found out was because he had some sort of a profile...

Most of these Leftists who spend all their time on twitter abusing and calling LNP politicians every name underneath the sun dont get found out and get away with their crap because they are complete politically frustrated nobodies. 

Does not mean that PPL dont come across their crap and abuse though...

Edited by cadete

What a serious cunt!

Most of these Leftists who spend all their time on twitter abusing and calling LNP politicians every name underneath the sun dont get found out and get away with their crap because they are complete politically frustrated nobodies.

lol so you're telling me that the reason nobody cares what these 'leftists' write is because they are nobodies? :droy: Welcome to the world 101. Nobody (worth a damn) cares what ANYBODY writes unless you come with credence, irrespective of your political persuasion. Both positive and negative criticism. There are a million right wing nut jobs that plaster the internet with hateful shit day in day out. There not even worth talking about just the same the left-leaning ones that do the same. Peasants. 

The comments were appalling and inexcusable. End of story. Don't care who they were aimed at. Disgusting.  

What a serious cunt!

lol so you're telling me that the reason nobody cares what these 'leftists' write is because they are nobodies? :droy: Welcome to the world 101. Nobody (worth a damn) cares what ANYBODY writes unless you come with credence, irrespective of your political persuasion. Both positive and negative criticism. There are a million right wing nut jobs that plaster the internet with hateful shit day in day out. There not even worth talking about just the same the left-leaning ones that do the same. Peasants. 

The comments were appalling and inexcusable. End of story. Don't care who they were aimed at. Disgusting.  

I was talking about twitter specifically which I think you agree that as is a social media more slanted to left than the right... 

What a serious cunt!

I was talking about twitter specifically which I think you agree that as is a social media more slanted to left than the right... 

That's fine but my point still stands that nobody gives a fuck what pissants say.

• Like 1

What a serious cunt!

That's fine but my point still stands that nobody gives a fuck what pissants say.

I never disagreed you know my arguments about what type of PPL are attracted to Non Mainstream Politics (For both sides of the Coin) and why they attracted to such unrealistic Political Attitudes.

1516.jpg

Edited by cadete

Interesting to see how many Pinko's on Social Media response to the Nova Peris scandal was to instantly bring out the old completely untrue and unfair bullshit about Abbott having an affair with his Chief of Staff Peta Credlin.

Meanwhile Abbott's own response to this Nova Peris crap was to stay away from the mudslinging shit and instead support the Senator saying she had proven herself innocent, whilst Turnbull's response was to question why the media had reported the story in the first place.

(What a bunch of Fascists) 

And yet still these Nerds from the Far Left wonder why they will forever remain nobodies in the political process of this country.

#ForeverUnelectableNerds

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Nova Paris, another "gem" plucked out by the Gillard government.

You gotta love the ALP and their Celeb Candidates... the skier in Victorian Parliament who lived 40 minutes away from her electorate probably takes the cake as the best one.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I can't ever see it happening in Australia because our political system will need a complete overhaul to allow it, but one day I hope compulsory voting is abolished. 

I take it that means you are also a massive fan of the Two Party System?

Because if PPL dont have to rock up to voting booths on election day you can pretty guarantee that the Minor Parties will become almost completely irrelevant. 

I can't ever see it happening in Australia because our political system will need a complete overhaul to allow it, but one day I hope compulsory voting is abolished.

Voting is not compulsory....

As most of you know, my interest in politics is pretty minimal so excuse my ignorance, but I was under the impression it was illegal not to vote (as in drawing cock and balls on your slip is not legal) but because its done anonymously they cant really enforce it. 

Or is that one of those common misconceptions like "its a free country"

Voting is not compulsory....

I was under the impression it was illegal not to vote (as in drawing cock and balls on your slip is not legal) but because its done anonymously they cant really enforce it. 

The underlined: it is an offence 'not to vote' in Australia in the sense that you are required to attend a polling station on polling day and have your name ticked off as having attended. **as long as you are enrolled to vote**

The red: This is not considered 'not voting'. This is a spoiled ballot and just as informal voting (purposely or accidentally incorrectly filling out/numbering your ballot) is not illegal or considered an offence at local, state or federal levels. Spolied and informal (sometimes known as Donkey voting) ballots are counted in their own category and tallied by the returning officer of that polling station. It is also not an offence to encourage others to vote informally or spoil their ballot.

They are a very valid of democratic expression help to gauge the sentiment of the body politique inasmuch as they are considered protest votes or votes of disengagement/ambivalence toward the government, parties or system as a whole. Many a PhD and countless Political Science modelling is done around these ballots people think are 'wasted'. I personally believe they are anything but waste even if the people who are expressing themselves that way disagree.

Edited by Braveheart

Ps I believe what Mr. Malloy is getting at with his "Voting is not compulsory...." statement is that you have to be on the AEC/VEC electoral role to be cited for a "state cause for absent ballot" offence. This is a loophole which is often cited but although never (to my knowledge) enforced one is still Technically required by law to register by the next election date once that citizen is of legal voting age (18) and not doing so is an offence under the Voting act.

It is also not an offence to encourage others to vote informally or spoil their ballot.

They are a very valid of democratic expression help to gauge the sentiment of the body politique inasmuch as they are considered protest votes or votes of disengagement/ambivalence toward the government, parties or system as a whole. Many a PhD and countless Political Science modelling is done around these ballots people think are 'wasted'. I personally believe they are anything but waste even if the people who are expressing themselves that way disagree.

This is also something I thought was not  legal. I am sure I recall hearing about people getting in trouble for doing this in regards to the Tasmanian dam. 

It is also not an offence to encourage others to vote informally or spoil their ballot.

This is also something I thought was not  legal. I am sure I recall hearing about people getting in trouble for doing this in regards to the Tasmanian dam. 

Tas state law may differ but I can assure you that spoiling or encouraging to spoil is not illegal or an offence at Federal level.

The Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, 06/31

30. It is not an offence to vote informally in a federal 

election, nor is it an offence to encourage other 
voters to vote informally. However, anyone who 
encourages electors to vote informally, or to vote 
‘1,2,3,3,3...’ etc on a House of Representatives 
ballot paper, will be encouraging electors to waste 
their votes as no vote will be counted from these 
ballot papers. 

Tas state law may differ but I can assure you that spoiling or encouraging to spoil is not illegal or an offence at Federal level.

The Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918, 06/31

30. It is not an offence to vote informally in a federal 

election, nor is it an offence to encourage other 
voters to vote informally. However, anyone who 
encourages electors to vote informally, or to vote 
‘1,2,3,3,3...’ etc on a House of Representatives 
ballot paper, will be encouraging electors to waste 
their votes as no vote will be counted from these 
ballot papers. 

Thats really interesting to know. I was always under the impression that it was not legal. Like I say, my interest was not enough to actually go and look it up, but still.

Because if PPL dont have to rock up to voting booths on election day you can pretty guarantee that the Minor Parties will become almost completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

I remember in American Politics at UWA one of the Tutes was dedicated to Third Party Candidates and of course Ross Perot was mentioned and I instantly thought of this episode and him breaking his hat.

They booed a man undoing everything their political hero put in place, not really that big a deal. At least they haven't removed a sitting PM yet.

This exactly what is wrong with the Left today when they think such partisan disrespectful behaviour is justified at a State Funeral of a fucken former PM is acceptable... if you think Mr Whitlam would have condoned such behaviour throughout his life then you are sorely mistaken mate. :droy:

And if the removal of Whitlam was such a horrendous crime why didn't the Australian Public vote accordingly??? :hmm:

Instead they voted almost to a man against Whitlam in one of the greatest landslides of all time...  this after the ALP had been in for only two paltry years.

And then after the dust had settled three years later they again made it very clear to Mr Whitlam that never approved of his Reckless Government.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

They booed a man undoing everything their political hero put in place, not really that big a deal. At least they haven't removed a sitting PM yet.

This exactly what is wrong with the Left today when they think such partisan disrespectful behaviour is justified at a State Funeral of a fucken former PM is acceptable... if you think Mr Whitlam would have condoned such behaviour throughout his life then you are sorely mistaken mate. :droy:

And if the removal of Whitlam was such a horrendous crime why didn't the Australian Public vote accordingly??? :hmm:

Instead they voted almost to a man against Whitlam in one of the greatest landslides of all time... this after the ALP had been in for only two paltry years.

And then after the dust had settled three years later they again made it very clear to Mr Whitlam that never approved of his Reckless Government. It wasn't quite a state funeral but I'll leave that. How about the hypocrisy of the right who manage to get so up in arms about this but manage to ignore their own side, don't remember any sexist attacks against Gillard?

By that same logic is it fine if we remove Abbott from office today? All the polls say he'd lose any election so what's the point of waiting another couple of years? May as well get it over with.

I don't think Whitlam ever got the credit he deserved for how he handled his dismissal, if his speech had been different it could've turned very nasty.

They booed a man undoing everything their political hero put in place, not really that big a deal. At least they haven't removed a sitting PM yet. This exactly what is wrong with the Left today when they think such partisan disrespectful behaviour is justified at a State Funeral of a fucken former PM is acceptable... if you think Mr Whitlam would have condoned such behaviour throughout his life then you are sorely mistaken mate. :droy:

Instead they voted almost to a man against Whitlam in one of the greatest landslides of all time... this after the ALP had been in for only two paltry years.

And then after the dust had settled three years later they again made it very clear to Mr Whitlam that never approved of his Reckless Government. It wasn't quite a state funeral but I'll leave that. How about the hypocrisy of the right who manage to get so up in arms about this but manage to ignore their own side, don't remember any sexist attacks against Gillard?

Do know why you dont remember any Sexist attacks on Gillard? :hmm:

Because their basically weren't any Sexist attacks just like how their weren't any "Fuck Gillard" T-Shirts or any "Anti Gillard" Protest before she had even passed a Bill. :up:

In fact once again if these Sexist Attacks were as horrendous as Ms Gillard and her Spin Team made them out to be... then why did the Australian Public vote to support the Sexists in their droves. :up:

By that same logic is it fine if we remove Abbott from office today? All the polls say he'd lose any election so what's the point of waiting another couple of years? May as well get it over with.

Um, no because only a retard believes that an Opinion Poll has the same weight as an Election...

Also anyone with any knowledge about Polls knows that they are often slanted towards the opposition when there a considerable period of time before an election (See the Howard years). :up:

I don't think Whitlam ever got the credit he deserved for how he handled his dismissal, if his speech had been different it could've turned very nasty.

After your first two comments I am simply amazed at how you still managed to top them with this little Historical Gem... 

Surely you be cant serious in saying that Gough's speech and its threats towards the Governor General was deserving of credit? :droy:

It was the bloody speech that was final nail in his coffin as its tone was what in the Public's eyes threatened the Constitutional Calm of Australia and in turn saw them want to see the end of Whitlam then and there.

Edited by cadete

They booed a man undoing everything their political hero put in place, not really that big a deal. At least they haven't removed a sitting PM yet. This exactly what is wrong with the Left today when they think such partisan disrespectful behaviour is justified at a State Funeral of a fucken former PM is acceptable... if you think Mr Whitlam would have condoned such behaviour throughout his life then you are sorely mistaken mate. :droy:

Because their basically weren't any Sexist attacks just like how their weren't any "Fuck Gillard" T-Shirts or any "Anti Gillard" Protest before she had even passed a Bill. :up:

In fact once again if these Sexist Attacks were as horrendous as Ms Gillard and her Spin Team made them out to be... then why did the Australian Public vote to support the Sexists in their droves. :up:

Um, no because only a retard believes that an Opinion Poll has the same weight as an Election...

Also anyone with any knowledge about Polls knows that they are often slanted towards the opposition when there a considerable period of time before an election (See the Howard years). :up:

After your first two comments I am simply amazed at how you still managed to top them with this little Historical Gem... 

Surely you be cant serious in saying that Gough's speech and its threats towards the Governor General was deserving of credit? :droy:

It was the bloody speech that was final nail in his coffin as its tone was what in the Public's eyes threatened the Constitutional Calm of Australia and in turn saw them want to see the end of Whitlam then and there.

Gonna be honest, I don't know how to separate out the quotes like you did but I'll do my best.

1. ditchthebitch.jpg

2. You can't use the election result to justify the dismissal, that only came after the event. At the time of the dismissal they only had poll results, like we only have now. Also, please don't call me a retard.

3. The elected PM was dismissed by an unelected largely ceremonial role despite having the confidence of the house that selects the PM, the House of Reps. I don't think you understand how serious that is. Whitlam could've stayed and fought, he could've refused to leave, but instead he copped it. The major part of his speech was "maintain your rage and enthusiasm through the campaign for the election now to be held and until polling day". Imagine if he had left the last bit out, he could've called his supporters out onto the streets and plenty would have gone. Look at his support today 40 years later, imagine the anger people felt at the time.

Gonna be honest, I don't know how to separate out the quotes like you did but I'll do my best.

1. ditchthebitch.jpg

2. You can't use the election result to justify the dismissal, that only came after the event. At the time of the dismissal they only had poll results, like we only have now. Also, please don't call me a retard.

3. The elected PM was dismissed by an unelected largely ceremonial role despite having the confidence of the house that selects the PM, the House of Reps. I don't think you understand how serious that is. Whitlam could've stayed and fought, he could've refused to leave, but instead he copped it. The major part of his speech was "maintain your rage and enthusiasm through the campaign for the election now to be held and until polling day". Imagine if he had left the last bit out, he could've called his supporters out onto the streets and plenty would have gone. Look at his support today 40 years later, imagine the anger people felt at the time.

The ironic thing is that the public's mass rejection of Whitlam was what created the greatest era of the ALP in the 80's because PPL like Hawke and Keating literally went out of their way to be not like Whitlam in the way that they pragmatically governed the Country through a period of great prosperity.

(In fact they even called PPL who they thought were out of touch "Whitlamites".)

Why in the past 15 or 20 years people such as yourself and many others in the Left has decided to forget the greatest lesson it ever learnt by rewriting history with Whitlam as a some great PM despite the Australian Public detesting him at the time is beyond me.

However please keep deluding yourself with such factually incorrect thoughts because just like your Bullshit claims of Sexism last year , Your Offensive T Shirts and Pointless Protests all they do is assist the Liberal Party.

PS: I know a little about Constitutional Law so I understand the severity of Kerr's actions.

1. ditchthebitch.jpg

The ironic thing is that the public's mass rejection of Whitlam was what created the greatest era of the ALP in the 80's because PPL like Hawke and Keating literally went out of their way to be not like Whitlam in the way that they pragmatically governed the Country through a period of great prosperity.

(In fact they even called PPL who they thought were out of touch "Whitlamites".)

Why in the past 15 or 20 years people such as yourself and many others in the Left has decided to forget the greatest lesson it ever learnt by rewriting history with Whitlam as a some great PM despite the Australian Public detesting him at the time is beyond me.

However please keep deluding yourself with such factually incorrect thoughts because just like your Bullshit claims of Sexism last year , Your Offensive T Shirts and Pointless Protests all they do is assist the Liberal Party.

PS: I know a little about Constitutional Law so I understand the severity of Kerr's actions.

He did a lot to change the country and that's something that can only be seen properly through hindsight. His major problem was probably that he did it so fast.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/gough-whitlam-left-a-long-list-of-achievements-20141021-119cpu.html