Melbourne Football

Round 9 - Sydney v MelbourneHFC - 2nd December 5pm

Caddy

Is anyone else terrified by this match? Losing to Sydney would be a new low. I remember watching live last year the 4-0 drubbing which was fantastic. However this time I don't see us having a clean sheet. Expecting a high scoring goal fest with comical (for a neutral) defensive blunders galore. Or will our team finally click for a full 90 minutes?

Outs: Behich, Garcia, Marrone

I wish they'd give Redmayne a go but I doubt Bolton would be happy about that. Kalmar could come straight back, Same with Vrankovic, and I reckon Macallister should come in to the starting 11 to see how he goes with Tadic now that Tadic is in good form. I'm also hoping Marrone doesn't make the final cut as it leaves us short in the defensive wings.

The Sydney game is the sort of banana skin game that a full strength Heart would typically slip on - a bit like Round 2 Phoenix - overwhelming favourite that inexplicably snatches a draw or defeat from the jaws of victory. We have the talent on the park, we have the coach, we don't have that ruthlessness and hunger that any successful team needs. Hopefully it'll change with Grella in the team. I think that we'll struggle in Sydney so I'll be very pleased with a draw.

Is anyone else terrified by this match? Losing to Sydney would be a new low. I remember watching live last year the 4-0 drubbing which was fantastic. However this time I don't see us having a clean sheet. Expecting a high scoring goal fest with comical (for a neutral) defensive blunders galore. Or will our team finally click for a full 90 minutes?

Outs: Behich, Garcia, Marrone

I wish they'd give Redmayne a go but I doubt Bolton would be happy about that. Kalmar could come straight back, Same with Vrankovic, and I reckon Macallister should come in to the starting 11 to see how he goes with Tadic now that Tadic is in good form. I'm also hoping Marrone doesn't make the final cut as it leaves us short in the defensive wings.

We're fucked. Seriously this is almost a dead cert loss without Garcia. It means McCallister and Tadic will be in the starting line up, and those two just don't function together. Unless we go for Fred, Thompson and Hoffman in midfield with Williams, Tadic and some winger as front 3.

I put a variant of this in another thread, but it's relevant here.

I don't have the progressive league tables for 2010-11, but after 8 rounds in that inaugural season we were in a 2-2-4 situation, on 8 points.

Last season after 8 rounds we were 2-3-3, with 9 points and in 7th position.

This season we are 2-2-4, with 8 points and in 8th position.

We know where we finished in our two previous seasons. If we're to do better, we need to start winning regularly from here on. Starting in Sydney. It's as simple as that.

Germano at right back, where does that leave Marrone? He has been a tad dissapointing this season, crossing has been poor.

We really need our best 11 to compete. Except for Mate' will everyone else be fit for the derby? I'm bringing 14 new to the game types, bought them all tickets today, sitting above the Yarraside so hope we can give them a show! Really another derby win and I think I can get these blokes to take the plunge from theatre goers to core supporters. Even a draw with a great game could suffice.

Hope we have our full side.

We probably lose Marrone, Behich and Garcia to the Socceroos. Sydney might lose Emerton who has been playing crap for them and Antonis who has only played a few games this year. With half decent service Alessandro del Piero will tear our shit defence apart. If Colosimo plays what are the odds he gives away a penalty on Alessandro del Piero?

• Like 1

Possible team:

Bolton

Vrankovic - Gray - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Gerhardt

Thompson - Fred

Williams - Tadic - Kalmar

BENCH: Redmayne - Hoffman - Garrucio- Macallister

Actually loled when i realised that this is pretty much our strongest team. Although i don't think this isn't any weaker than Sydney FC's usual lineup, we will be destroyed by Perth later on.

Edited by Che