Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart and Melbourne City attendances

Jimmy

I reckon we will get at least 7000, seriously. Everyone's going to be anticipating a cauldron of dislike towards aloisi, and no one one will want to miss it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the media pickup on the supporter vibe surrounding JA and start to push out articles about the end of his coaching reign at HeartFC. Also expect SBS and Fozzie to back JA and ask supporters to give him longer to show that he's got it. Gonna be an interesting week in the history of our club.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

I agree it will be an interesting week. And to be perfectly honest the media and sbs and anyone else associated with them can go get fucked. They don't support the club and don't really care about the club so they have no say whatsoever. The supporters will do as they see fit and won't be influenced by outsiders. Nothing's stopping this #alosiout freight train!!!

Hilarious that when the team needs you most on the pitch you're deserting them.

Feel sorry for Mass & Redders having to deal with fans who have zero clue.

Number 1: You obviously have a sad life trolling other forums. I in fact take pity on you.

Number 2: You guys removed rado 'The Brains' vidosic after 5 games. We have been stuck with this muppet for over a season. Showing the club we want him out is helping the club. They just don't know that yet.

Number 3: If our team wants us they need to show it dishing up shit like that wouldn't be accepted by most groups of supporters, so why should we?

Number 4: Most people on this forum have more passion for this club than you know hence the reason we are all want change (I suspect you just want to be one of us which explains the loitering)

Hilarious that when the team needs you most on the pitch you're deserting them.

Feel sorry for Mass & Redders having to deal with fans who have zero clue.

Top notch trolling sr. Your work lately has been surprisingly good.

On a serious note though, anyone who actually has an idea of what is going on at this club will know that things are extremely worrying. Some of the decisions made have been nothing short of ridiculous and it is up to the fans to let the club know we will not tolerate this club being run as though we have let the work experience kids take over. This is a top down problem.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

My point is, why do the fans matter to the board and Munn? They don't seem very essential to their process. Why would they care what you think? What will a protest achieve, particularly a silent protest? I think you're overestimating how much you matter. If Munn cared about you he would have booted Aloisi after last season's diabolical shit. He didn't. If Munn cared he would have hired the best candidate not the most famous. He didn't.

Of course you want change, you lot are utterly shithouse. But essentially protesting against the players when they are low on confidence when your problems are because of a numpty coach and the board who installed him seems counterproductive. Bring banners against the board and coach. Support your team on the pitch, that's the point.

Edited by scouse_roar

My point is, why do the fans matter to the board and Munn? They don't seem very essential to their process. Why would they care what you think? What will a protest achieve, particularly a silent protest? I think you're overestimating how much you matter. If Munn cared about you he would have booted Aloisi after last season's diabolical shit. He doesn't. If Munn cared he would have hired the best candidate not the most famous. He didn't.

I agree with you there scouse_roar but don't think that it is any different at Roar. Under the FFA's franchise model, fans are consumers of 'product', not stakeholders

My point is, why do the fans matter to the board and Munn? They don't seem very essential to their process. Why would they care what you think? What will a protest achieve, particularly a silent protest? I think you're overestimating how much you matter. If Munn cared about you he would have booted Aloisi after last season's diabolical shit. He doesn't. If Munn cared he would have hired the best candidate not the most famous. He didn't.

You raise a valid and deeply disturbing point. For a club that started out talking A LOT about (amongst other things)  how important community engagement is, it seems to be neglecting the community that should be the most important to it. Its own community. They have clearly shown by their actions that they dont take themselves or the wishes of its members seriously. And I think most of us have reached a point where we would like to know why we are supposed to take them seriously as a club, if they are not going to.

I agree with you there scouse_roar but don't think that it is any different at Roar. Under the FFA's franchise model, fans are consumers of 'product', not stakeholders

It has been shown repeatedly that all levels of the club care about the fans opinion on basically every issue. Fuck, after Mulvey was installed last year after basically zero process a bunch of us fans sat down with the guys at the top to discuss our concerns.

We are consulted and cooperated with in every aspect. I don't feel you have anything close to that, which is why I don't think a protest will do anything.

I agree with you there scouse_roar but don't think that it is any different at Roar. Under the FFA's franchise model, fans are consumers of 'product', not stakeholders It has been shown repeatedly that all levels of the club care about the fans opinion on basically every issue. Fuck, after Mulvey was installed last year after basically zero process a bunch of us fans sat down with the guys at the top to discuss our concerns.

We are consulted and cooperated with in every aspect. I don't feel you have anything close to that, which is why I don't think a protest will do anything.

You don't know anything about the inner workings of this club mate so why act like you do. Stick to the roar forums northerner :up:

It has been shown repeatedly that all levels of the club care about the fans opinion on basically every issue. Fuck, after Mulvey was installed last year after basically zero process a bunch of us fans sat down with the guys at the top to discuss our concerns.

Good discussion.

IMO protests are usually the result of there not being a good conduit of dialogue between the relevant parties.

Whenever the subject of dialogue with MHFC comes up, Yarraside insists that it has good lines of communication with the club. So why the protest? Have those been tried and found wanting?

• Like 1

Perhaps. But I think (i was not involved in the decision making so i could be wrong) that this is more about bringing the issue to the table. The message from the club since day dot has been to trust them and that any decision that do not make sense will become clear in time. This has obviously been shown to be a complete load of shit. If we carry on singing as usual it says to the club "we will be here to sing for you no matter what delusional decisions you make". I think this protest is more a statement saying that the club have lost our trust and we want them to know that. I know that many people out there watch our games on telly and judge our atmosphere based on that, but believe me without the noise and colour that the YS bring this club has virtually nothing keeping people coming to games.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

I agree with you there scouse_roar but don't think that it is any different at Roar. Under the FFA's franchise model, fans are consumers of 'product', not stakeholders It has been shown repeatedly that all levels of the club care about the fans opinion on basically every issue. Fuck, after Mulvey was installed last year after basically zero process a bunch of us fans sat down with the guys at the top to discuss our concerns.

You don't know anything about the inner workings of this club mate so why act like you do. Stick to the roar forums northerner :up:

It's pretty fucking obvious the coach and the numpty board of mini-Clives deserve to be the targets of a protest, not the players.

Good discussion.

IMO protests are usually the result of there not being a good conduit of dialogue between the relevant parties.

Whenever the subject of dialogue with MHFC comes up, Yarraside insists that it has good lines of communication with the club. So why the protest? Have those been tried and found wanting?

Very valid question. I'd be interested in a reply from someone involved in this decision.

It's pretty fucking obvious the coach and the numpty board of mini-Clives deserve to be the targets of a protest, not the players.

You are right. It is sad that it will effect the players too, but regardless of what action is taken they are inevitably going to get caught in the crossfire

I agree with you there scouse_roar but don't think that it is any different at Roar. Under the FFA's franchise model, fans are consumers of 'product', not stakeholdersIt has been shown repeatedly that all levels of the club care about the fans opinion on basically every issue. Fuck, after Mulvey was installed last year after basically zero process a bunch of us fans sat down with the guys at the top to discuss our concerns.

We are consulted and cooperated with in every aspect. I don't feel you have anything close to that, which is why I don't think a protest will do anything. You don't know anything about the inner workings of this club mate so why act like you do. Stick to the roar forums northerner :up: It's pretty fucking obvious the coach and the numpty board of mini-Clives deserve to be the targets of a protest, not the players.

You are right. It is sad that it will effect the players too, but regardless of what action is taken they are inevitably going to get caught in the crossfire

We chant every game and it hasn't lifted the boys to play as professionals in the slightest I'm sure they'll manage for 45

BTW, I want to make it clear that I'm not having a shot at anyone.

I've submitted two contributions to the club for the Fans Representative Group (FRG) process, and neither time have I had any acknowledgement from MHFC. Perhaps what I submitted was not worth much, but an acknowledgement by return e-mail is pretty much a minimum courtesy.

So it would not surprise me to to learn that dialogue has broken down.

• Like 1

BTW, I want to make it clear that I'm not having a shot at anyone.

I've submitted two contributions to the club for the Fans Representative Group (FRG) process, and neither time have I had any acknowledgement from MHFC. Perhaps what I submitted was not worth much, but an acknowledgement by return e-mail is pretty much a minimum courtesy.

So it would not surprise me to to learn that dialogue has broken down.

Again- I am not involved in meetings with the club for YS, but from what I can gather, when the core refer to having good communications it is in relation to terrace matters. The club are generally pretty good at negotiating red tape, etc if you have an idea and are willing to organize/pay for it all yourself which is exactly what the YS do. 

As for any suggestions on how to run the club, Heart HQ are not interested at all.

Best way to protest is basically to not turn up. Money is the only thing the suits understand.

This. It's all our suits are interested in.

This is actually not true. Not turning up suggests people are not interest at all, which means you can put a positive spin on it by saying that there is a potential, the formula needs tweaking, etc. Whereas if people are turning up and openly showing hostility towards the club officials, this is far more damaging to their "brand".

Its like walking past a deserted restaurant compared to walking past a restaurant with a group of people out front yelling "dont go in there! The food is awful!"

scouse_roar I think you'll find that those meetings are productive when the franchise management agrees with what it's customers are saying. When it doesn't then they are window dressing. Roar is on a roll now, everything looks sweet but don't forget fans have no skin in the game where it counts (the Board) and so we are nominal stakeholders at best.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Best way to protest is basically to not turn up.  Money is the only thing the suits understand.

I disagree, that signals that there is a problem but not what the concerns are. I think that we need to deliver a positive message not just a negative one, not only 'Aloisi out' but a message about what we want: we want to believe, give us something to believe in, we want a new coach so that we have a team with Heart, we want a team based on our founding principles. 

We need to separate our concerns about the way that the club has been run in some areas (the footballing department) from our ongoing support for the team on the pitch.

scouse_roar I think you'll find that those meetings are productive when the franchise management agrees with what it's customers are saying. When it doesn't then they are window dressing. Roar is on a roll now, everything looks sweet but don't forget fans have no skin in the game where it counts (the Board) and so we are nominal stakeholders at best.

I think even when things aren't so rosy they'd be wise to listen to the fans, as we are the ones who, by our presence & our feeling of being a stakeholder (you can feel like one, not be one and that be a positive), can either contribute positively and add value to the club, or can take that away & affect the clubs bottom line. If it affects the bottom line, it speaks loudly to the powers that be, regardless of their lack of consideration or consultation.

Best way to protest is basically to not turn up.  Money is the only thing the suits understand.

I disagree, that signals that there is a problem but not what the concerns are. I think that we need to deliver a positive message not just a negative one, not only 'Aloisi out' but a message about what we want: we want to believe, give us something to believe in, we want a new coach so that we have a team with Heart, we want a team based on our founding principles. 

We need to separate our concerns about the way that the club has been run in some areas (the footballing department) from our ongoing support for the team on the pitch.

As long as you keep showing up you won't get their attention.  Crowds will drop anyway

What a stupid post!

Yeah a few of on herer-maybe you yourself- said the same when I pointed out that LAST season that this was club that aimed for mediocrity,  the football we were playing was shit, that  Aloisi was shit, and the senior players needed to GTFO.

Keep showing up, keep paying your money, they'll love you for it...and you'll get more of the same.

Edited by Kiro Kompiro

Shocking crowd on Sunday. Perfect conditions for a football game and we only got 6k. Worst in the league so far apart from the CCM game which was hampered by poor weather. I left behind St Kilda beach which had topless UK girls yet I still attended the game. I guess that's what happens when your team loses every week.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic