Melbourne Football

Talking City Fan Channel

Embee

11 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

"I was on an internet forum dedicated to a mediocre football club frequented by the loneliest, sadest and most depraved members of Melbourne's society where I get advice on how to impress my 15 year old girlfriend from mid-twenties losers with nothing better to do with their sad lives, Miss."

Does this forum have a hall of fame for best posts?

6 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Having an iPad in class for one. The only bit of technology we were allowed were graphics calculators, which all the cool kids had programmed games into.

When solar calculators hit the streets our minds were blown.

Who could forget 58008 and the endless LOLS.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Log tables, slide rule anyone?

FMD I'm surprised millenials learn anything - they just look it up.

Year 8 or 9 we had a subject called typing. Basically a subject dedicated to teach you correctly to type. When you hit a certain amount of words per minute you got promoted to the electric typewriters. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackout said:

Having an iPad in class for one. The only bit of technology we were allowed were graphics calculators, which all the cool kids had programmed games into.

At my high school in Queensland (graduated in 2013), we were only allowed scientific calculators. I bought a graphics calculator for engineering at Uni because "we needed one" and I haven't touched it since and I'm into my 4th year now.

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Year 8 or 9 we had a subject called typing. Basically a subject dedicated to teach you correctly to type. When you hit a certain amount of words per minute you got promoted to the electric typewriters. 

I never got my 'pen license' in primary school :hkpalm:

Edited by haz

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

FMD I'm surprised millenials learn anything - they just look it up.

I was reading an article about this the other day. Not a "millenials" are all dumb  lazy shits type of article, but one that argued that the future of education should be about teaching kids how to educate themselves because all information is accessible providing you know how to find it.

But this is getting waaay off topic

3 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I was reading an article about this the other day. Not a "millenials" are all dumb  lazy shits type of article, but one that argued that the future of education should be about teaching kids how to educate themselves because all information is accessible providing you know how to find it.

Yeah it's certainly very different from back in the day. Do you think technology has improved the learning of millenials?

10 minutes ago, haz said:

At my high school in Queensland (graduated in 2013), we were only allowed scientific calculators. I bought a graphics calculator for engineering at Uni because "we needed one" and I haven't touched it since and I'm into my 4th year now.

I never got my 'pen license' in primary school :hkpalm:

Yeah nor did I:huh:

16 minutes ago, Jovan said:

:tooth:

The only subject I don't type in is Maths. Rest of them, that's the only we we do work.

8 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Care to start a thread in the Club Room? I think we probably have enough active posters from various age groups to make it worthwhile?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It used to be the case you could look up the most liked posts a few upgrades later and now we have this "winner of the day" nonsense 

7 hours ago, haz said:

http://forum.melbournefootball.com/leaderboard/?time=oldest

It says best posts back to 2012, but I'm pretty sure there were much higher ones.

Nah. Like music there is a big difference between best and most popular on this forum

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

You could discuss who has been the worst signing/s in the club's history. That should give you plenty to discuss

Go through everyone you think deserves a nomination and award a winner/loser at the end of the discussion

Come on mate. Episodes only go for an hour.....

• Like 4