Melbourne Football

MCFC v NEW - Round 2.

mitchellmcleod

Hopefully Koren and Williams are fit by next week.

I would start those two and Villa

Making way would be Duga, Brown and Murdocca

Personally I would be tempted to leave the back four as they are, as they did very well.

I think the match will be at 5am for you guys in the UK if you're looking to watch it.

Personally I would be tempted to leave the back four as they are, as they did very well.

I think the match will be at 5am for you guys in the UK if you're looking to watch it.

Is it on the Saturday?

Will get up for it if it is....although I might do if it is the Friday and watch it before I go to work

Is it on the Saturday?

Will get up for it if it is....although I might do if it is the Friday and watch it before I go to work

would be sunday morning, 5am over in england. the 3pm start times local are terrible in general

I think Hoffman will be back from Suspension too. Hopefully he isn't injured, i know Archibald has been playing RB during preseason games.. they might stay with him..

I think Murdocca out for Koren is the right move.. even though i think its a shame. Murdocca is a workhorse in the middle but Paartalou was so good for us against Sydney!

In the first half against Shytney I was impressed how intense our pressing was to get the ball back when they had it.  I think that took something out of us in the second half.

Now here's my thoughts: we have historically played with more intensity in night games, just as we did last night.

This game is on in the hottest part of the day.

Do we change our tactics for the weather.

And I can't see Villa plying 90 minutes on  a hot Sunday afternoon.

In the first half against Shytney I was impressed how intense our pressing was to get the ball back when they had it.  I think that took something out of us in the second half.

Now here's my thoughts: we have historically played with more intensity in night games, just as we did last night.

This game is on in the hottest part of the day.

Do we change our tactics for the weather.

And I can't see Villa plying 90 minutes on  a hot Sunday afternoon.

I'd give him 60 minutes

play archibald at left back and hoff at right back, ramsay is fucking horrible

Wasn't even that bad last night imo

I wouldn't mind seeing Chapman play that role though, unless we go and sign a genuine LB of course.

chapman would be good and i will admit that ramsay wasnt all that bad but he wasnt that great either and i dont think he is going to get any better

I agree. I would also change Redmayne for Velaphi and that side will be very hard to beat.

If Koren is over his calf injury then he must play. It could be he plays from the left with Villa up front.

Also I wonder if JVS may play Archibald at left back with Hoffman on the right

Does anyone think that Archibald would be a better fit than Ramsey?

If Hoffman starts, then I think Ramsay needs to stay at left back as Archibald and Hoffman won't make overlapping runs and we'll be too stagnant going forward. 

What I'd really like is a genuine left back who can attack and defend.

If Koren is over his calf injury then he must play. It could be he plays from the left with Villa up front.

If Hoffman starts, then I think Ramsay needs to stay at left back as Archibald and Hoffman won't make overlapping runs and we'll be too stagnant going forward. 

I agree with that Nate

Personally I would leave the back four as they are, because they didn't do too much wrong.

They were obviously helped with Paartalu sitting in front of them.

It seemed to me in the last 15 minutes Paartalu tired a bit and that meant the back four came under more pressure, but they handled it very well.

I agree with that Nate

Personally I would leave the back four as they are, because they didn't do too much wrong.

It seemed to me in the last 15 minutes Paartalu tired a bit and that meant the back four came under more pressure, but they handled it very well.

IMO Parts is the key recruit this season as he really screens that defense well and is able to pass out when he wins the ball back.

I agree with that Nate

IMO Parts is the key recruit this season as he really screens that defense well and is able to pass out when he wins the ball back. He also flies the fucken flag for the lads in the middle of the park... something we have missed since Shroj.

In a comp where u play sides so many times a season you don't want to be that side that is known as physically easy to initiate in the guts.

NOTE: Some credit does go to Kewell for doing this verbally when he could limp on to the pitch.

• Like 1