Melbourne Football

The Inevitable Derby 7 Prediction Thread:

cadete

generally because for the rest of our preseason we played VPL level clubs, which we dont normally contest against. we conceded 5 goals against perth which is at a-league level.

Yes I know we played VPL level clubs, but so did Victory. They lost to Richmond and almost came close to losing others throughout the pre-season....

Surely we should be the one's coming into this match more positive than them, not sure about anyone else, but i'm very positive we can come away with a point or three.

• Like 2

Surely we should be the one's coming into this match more positive than them, not sure about anyone else, but i'm very positive we can come away with a point or three.

absolutely agreed, i tip us as favourites for sure - and shit attitude does no one any good, agreed x2.

Edited by macri

0-0.

Providing that our preseason wasn't sufficient, It's going to be a shitfight as both of us will be tense in the opening exchanges, with Patty Gerhardt long balls all game, Garcia being played out of position, our midfield is a fucking worry for me. Not bothered about victory, more bothered about us. Rofl, still can't see Ange instilling tika taka football with these inept cretins, if we do lose, it will be of our own doing, or Jason Hoffman.

Fire up.

• Like 2

2-1 Heart

Tadic, Thomson, duganzic

I think people are forgetting the fact that the majority of people we got rid of last year weren't even that vital

Good and Hamill were fantastic and Goodwin and Zahra were promising, but Eli hardly passed even though he did bang in the goals we could've gotten more had he have been a team player. Terra couldn't run out a game, sarkies was average, same with Shroj, worm had his moments but still wasn't great. Not only that but we have replaced them with some promising looking players.

Garcia has a good history, Tadic looks good, Gerhardt apparently tackles harder than Shroj and D-Mac has had a good pre-season. All is not lost! And as for the Perth game, they just need to gel together. All we need to do is show support and we'll be up there this season, let alone the derby!

To be honest, am really worried about the game. Aloisi is saying all is good and that the boys had a good preseason but I don't see it.

I think it will be a scrappy game and hopefully we can sneak a win but nothing from the preseason showed me that the team has a clear functioning system of play..

• Like 1

To be honest, am really worried about the game. Aloisi is saying all is good and that the boys had a good preseason but I don't see it.

I think it will be a scrappy game and hopefully we can sneak a win but nothing from the preseason showed me that the team has a clear functioning system of play..

I agree, I'm still yet to see us be able to play out from the back when pressed and as this is a fundamental cornerstone of our game, I expect MV to press our CBs early.

Melbourne 1-0. After Thompson has his leg broken in the 50th minute by Behich (god bless him <3), play is stopped for TEN minutes whilst he is removed from the pitch. Stoppage time runs far longer than expected however with Thompson popping up in the 105th to slot from about 15yards.

• Like 1

Maybe then we should make sure every Derby ends in a NASL Style Shootout then, Would that be ok?

Can't remember which season of the NSL it was where if the score was level the game went to penalties for a 'bonus' point. Ahhh the excitement at Falcons Park of everyone behind the goals talking shit to the keepers and players.

Can't remember which season of the NSL it was where if the score was level the game went to penalties for a 'bonus' point. Ahhh the excitement at Falcons Park of everyone behind the goals talking shit to the keepers and players.

Rofl, sounds like the Borough Boys Pocket at Port Melbourne VFL games at North Port Oval.

Edited by cadete