Melbourne Football

Patrick Gerhardt

DutchPride

What the fuck is your problem with 'CAZALOL'

you obv have something agaisnt him as in every thread you're always picking on him.

its not like you don't post some retarted shit as well mate.

just leave him alone.

Prob still angry about the time CAZALOL stole his red coats brigade idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Best center half in the league, his movement and positioning when we have the ball along with when we don't is impeccable, so cultured, if only he had a partner at his level. (I don't think Colosimo is bad at all, and plays more good games than bad games but definitely doesn't match Patty when it comes to knowledge and movement etc.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not sold on Paddy at DM, he seemed slow and cumbersome in the short time he was on the park and didn't have the fitness to close down like Migliorini and Murdocca. Seems like his only position is CB and we've got Wielart and Kisnorbo doing a smashing job there.

Begs the question unless we play 3 at the back 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 is it worthwhile moving him on in January and trying to find a better quality RB if JA is going to persevere with Hoffman. Vrankovic can slot in if there is an injury and being paired with a genuine leader like Wielart or Kisnorbo will help him immensely.

Just seems a waste to have a foreign player (2 when Germano returns) on the bench when there are other areas of the park we are found wanting.

Not sold on Paddy at DM, he seemed slow and cumbersome in the short time he was on the park and didn't have the fitness to close down like Migliorini and Murdocca. Seems like his only position is CB and we've got Wielart and Kisnorbo doing a smashing job there.

Begs the question unless we play 3 at the back 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 is it worthwhile moving him on in January and trying to find a better quality RB if JA is going to persevere with Hoffman. Vrankovic can slot in if there is an injury and being paired with a genuine leader like Wielart or Kisnorbo will help him immensely.

Just seems a waste to have a foreign player (2 when Germano returns) on the bench when there are other areas of the park we are found wanting.

At this stage they both look gone for next season.  Actually, I suspect there will be a bit of a cull:  Duga's on thin ice, Kalmar too, possibly Walker.  Hoffman of course will be spared.

IIRC when Gerhardt signed it was said that he was on a bit of a football adventure that had already taken him to Canada, Croatia and now Australia. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't want to stay on even if an extension were to be offered to him. I can't see Germano being offered another contract. Agree several other players are on thin ice, but I can't see Walker being culled.

always a tough ask to come on at that stage of a match and imediately click into the tempo of a match, especially the way that CCM were pushing us in that second half

• Like 1

At this stage they both look gone for next season.  Actually, I suspect there will be a bit of a cull:  Duga's on thin ice, Kalmar too, possibly Walker.  Hoffman of course will be spared.

With the amount of 1 or 3 player forward lines i cant see how playing 3 at the back would help. 

i wholeheartly agree that it seems a waste to have 2 visa spots on the bench most weeks. 

the only thing i'd point out here is you should remember that we had a massive cull at the end of last season.  to try and then find two more via visas (a) when they are as cheap as they are and (b.) Gerhardt was one of our best last season seems a little forceful for the sake of making changes.  I frankly don't see the club signing a local player as good as either without the club taking a massive risk (you are really relying on a state league player stepping up without being on the radar for another another club - quality state league players that perform at the A League level consistently are few and far between).

by all means, their positions (like all others) should be reviewed seasons end.  and if they are not up to it by all means start looking for others.

Edited by mattyh001

I personally like the idea of having depth 3 first team quality centre backs:

-It gives us the option to switch to 3-at-the-back formations when chasing games

-I can already see Kisnorbo receiving his fair share of cards/suspensions which would otherwise leave us vulnerable

Only negative is the possibility of losing Vrankovic to another Craig Goodwin situation

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yep, did a real number on Hernandez.

Also showed some great passing and link up play which I thought was beyond his ability.

Unfortunately, also got a yellow card within 45 minutes which seems to happen every time he plays. Is too much of a risk to be a regular starting 11 player. Needs to be used wisely like he was yesterday; do a job and get taken off after getting his obligatory yellow.

Yep, did a real number on Hernandez.

Also showed some great passing and link up play which I thought was beyond his ability.

Unfortunately, also got a yellow card within 45 minutes which seems to happen every time he plays. Is too much of a risk to be a regular starting 11 player. Needs to be used wisely like he was yesterday; do a job and get taken off after getting his obligatory yellow.

He has played at DM a few times before and always looked good with his passing. You can tell that is his natural position. JA is the one who pushed him back to CB and told him to launch the endless long balls.