Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

• 1 month later...

Would love to be pointed in the direction of some good entry level information on finance, especially economics.

Only had the very basics explained by the old man, and he certainly isn't the greatest teacher. Would love to gain more of an insight.

Would love to be pointed in the direction of some good entry level information on finance, especially economics.

Only had the very basics explained by the old man, and he certainly isn't the greatest teacher. Would love to gain more of an insight.

and so begins a very concise and brief series of lessons. (Likely I will not have the enthusiasm to get passed lesson 1)

Lesson 1:

Unions are bad.

Unions disrupt the market forces in deciding what is an appropriate wage level and as such increase the cost of labour. Australia has one of the highest costs of labour in the world.

A high cost of labour leads to multiple issues. Two of which are a higher rate of unemployment and higher costs of goods/services. 

In future lessons we will see how this ties in with imports, Inflation, the Australian dollar and the cost of money.

Don't get me started on unions, the official scum of the country. Never seen a more self entitled bunch of fucks ever.

Honestly, they stand for nothing except themselves these days, the days of oppression and poor working conditions are over so they are rendered useless.

If someone can justify to me why unskilled factory workers should be paid the same as a business owner or a university graduate ill be sensationally impressed.

• Like 2

Good book for beginners that will keep you interested: http://www.bookdepository.com/Reinventing-Bazaar-John-McMillan/9780393323719

Then we can move you onto some more advanced stuff.

Won't be long until you're like:

figure_de_formula_ch_4_page_133.JPG

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

and so begins a very concise and brief series of lessons. (Likely I will not have the enthusiasm to get passed lesson 1)

Lesson 1:

Unions are bad.

Unions disrupt the market forces in deciding what is an appropriate wage level and as such increase the cost of labour. Australia has one of the highest costs of labour in the world.

A high cost of labour leads to multiple issues. Two of which are a higher rate of unemployment and higher costs of goods/services. 

In future lessons we will see how this ties in with imports, Inflation, the Australian dollar and the cost of money.

Sure, unions disrupt market principles, but the market has no morality and without unions you can kiss goodbye weekends, work breaks, child labour laws, equal pay for equal work, OHS regulations, paid vacations, sick leave, minimum wage, maternity and paternity leave and many more things. Do you think the market forces wanted to pay for all this? And good luck getting politicians to do anything without the pressure from unions.

Edited by Tbitm
  • Like 1

Good book for beginners that will keep you interested: http://www.bookdepository.com/Reinventing-Bazaar-John-McMillan/9780393323719

Then we can move you onto some more advanced stuff.

Won't be long until you're like:

figure_de_formula_ch_4_page_133.JPG

WOW - You are fucken awesome. :up:

Also Unions spend way to much time focusing on things like People Workers,

This distracts the Left from proper issues like Chocolate Shops, Occuping Melbourne, Wearing Koala Suits, and making Anti Tony Abbott Tees.

• Like 1

Actual question:

Has anyone ever found that units that are similar and overlap has been a negative influence on both of them?

I am doing international studies and politics and my basic understanding is that they are pretty much the same apart from pol being internally orientated and IS being more internationally focusedof course.

Edited by marteaux

Actual question:

Has anyone ever found that units that are similar and overlap has been a negative influence on both of them?

I am doing international studies and politics and my basic understanding is that they are pretty much the same apart from pol being internally orientated and IS being more internationally focusedof course.

In second year or even maybe second semester (I dont know the courses at your Uni)  you will realise that they def are not the same.

Its just they are currently teaching you the fundamentals... which can be pretty boring for someone who was already studying/into Politics in Secondary School.

Edited by cadete

Lesson 1:

Unions are bad.

Sure, unions disrupt market principles, but the market has no morality and without unions you can kiss goodbye weekends, work breaks, child labour laws, equal pay for equal work, OHS regulations, paid vacations, sick leave, minimum wage, maternity and paternity leave and many more things. Do you think the market forces wanted to pay for all this? And good luck getting politicians to do anything without the pressure from unions.

Lol. I think you'd be surprised how many of those things would still exist without unions, except to a lesser, more realistic, fair, and sustainable level.

Also LOL @ equal pay for equal work :droy:

• Like 1

It's relevant to the discussion. You can read as many books as you want, but if you don't have the ability to work through equations like the above used to arrive at certain models, you'll never really have a strong understanding of advanced economics.

Probably why most kunts that don't know maths end up as left wing fuckwits :up:

It's relevant to the discussion. You can read as many books as you want, but if you don't have the ability to work through equations like the above used to arrive at certain models, you'll never really have a strong understanding of advanced economics.

There is only hundreds of examples through out Australian Politics, let alone World Politics to prove such a stupid theory wrong.

Edited by cadete

Lesson 1:

Unions are bad.

In future lessons we will see how this ties in with imports, Inflation, the Australian dollar and the cost of money. Sure, unions disrupt market principles, but the market has no morality and without unions you can kiss goodbye weekends, work breaks, child labour laws, equal pay for equal work, OHS regulations, paid vacations, sick leave, minimum wage, maternity and paternity leave and many more things. Do you think the market forces wanted to pay for all this? And good luck getting politicians to do anything without the pressure from unions.

Lol. I think you'd be surprised how many of those things would still exist without unions, except to a lesser, more realistic, fair, and sustainable level.

Also LOL @ equal pay for equal work :droy:

Well equal pay for equal work is one for the future. I think i was just listing things and then changed the start.

I also doubt that the free market would self regulate the same way the RBB self police's.

The free market should work for the people, not the other way around, so the people should have some voice in how it operates. I'm not necessarily always "pro union" in fact, when I was a ball kid at the Aus open the unions overreached and i went from being paid to a "volunteer". So i understand there can be overreach, but I still think they have a purpose.

Don't get me started on unions, the official scum of the country. Never seen a more self entitled bunch of fucks ever.

Honestly, they stand for nothing except themselves these days, the days of oppression and poor working conditions are over so they are rendered useless.

If someone can justify to me why unskilled factory workers should be paid the same as a business owner or a university graduate ill be sensationally impressed.

Not everyone has the same opportunity to study at uni or start there own buisness.

An immigrant father for instance. may have just moved to Australia and has to feed his family, he can't afford to start his own buisness or take 4 years off to study at uni. He has to grab the first job he see's otherwise his family will be living on the streets. It's unfair to him, just because of his situation, that he'll never be able to earn the same money as a university graduate.

So do I buy the book or not cunts.

• Like 1

So do I buy the book or not cunts. I don't think anyone said don't buy the book, cadete just mad I'm smarter than him :up:

Don't worry cadete, you can buy the book too, no maths in it :up:

Edited by Tesla

Probably why most kunts that don't know maths end up as left wing fuckwits :up: So do I buy the book or not cunts. I don't think anyone said don't buy the book, cadete just mad I'm smarter than him :up:

Don't worry cadete, you can buy the book too, no maths in it :up:

I think I will buy you a digital watch instead Mr Nash. :up:

Edited by cadete

Actual question:

There are similar fundamentals that overlap and compliment each other but in terms of disciplines International Relations and Political Science are markedly different I can assure you. You are doing the introductory foundation work that is necessary to introduce people with little or no prior knowledge of the political world to thinking about the way in which the world works critically. Relax, each subject will differentiate itself soon. That said, I have no idea what international studies entails becuase I've never heard of it before so that one is up to your judgement. 

Edited by Braveheart

Actual question:

There are similar fundamentals that overlap and compliment each other but in terms of disciplines International Relations and Political Science are markedly different I can assure you. You are doing the introductory foundation work that is necessary to introduce people with little or no prior knowledge of the political world to thinking about the way in which the world works critically. Relax, each subject will differentiate itself soon. That said, I have no idea what international studies entails becuase I've never heard of it before so that one is up to your judgement. 

I remember I did a unit of European Studies at UWA in first year, it was pretty boring and consisted of watching a lot of foreign film...

However the course was like 70% Female so the hottie rate was the best I had ever seen through out my Arts Degree. :up:

My 2 cents:

My sister is 10years old than me and had no contact with any of my friends during the phase in high school where everyone is infatuated with their mates sisters. So I cant comment from that perspective.

But, my argument to try and convince my mates to let me have a crack at their younger/similar aged sisters was, "I'm your best mate, would you rather some other cunt you dont know stickin it to your sister or me?" *

*i never made it with any of my mates "hot" sisters

What do people on here think about dating a mate sister? Good or bad idea?

I have dated two of my sisters friends when in Mid High School - As she is one year younger than me.

However in hindsight they were both fickle unneeded relationships that hurt my sisters friendships.

My sister never dated any of my mates so I never had that problem.

What was funny at the time was when I was trying to tune a girl who had a nerdy twin (Who looked the exact opposite of her) who was best mates with one of my good mates and because it was 1999 I would have to ring up her house and speak to him every time cos the dude I reckon sat by the home phone - It was pretty awkward.

(I reckon his bloke must of hated all the guys he knew ringing up every second night to try tune his hot sister.)

Edited by cadete

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer :up:

No mention of how good a mate, no mention of how hot the sister, etc.

He's a pretty good mate of mine, known him since start of high school, however his sister is really hot lol, and i get along with her pretty well.

Just don't know if it's worth all the trouble.

Edit- didn't see you'd ask first bazz, sorry mate 

Edited by kingofhearts