Melbourne Football

Grass Roots - Do you play?

forbze

Bump.

Currently 2nd last on the ladder with the most goals for in the league lol (y). Copped 45 in 11.

Nice.

That's VicSoccer league yeah? What's the quality like? We have a team in our league that played vicsoccer (top division I think) last season and they're bottom so I thought you'd be doing a bit better. Quality is pretty average, most of our team has left so we are basically a mix of Seniors/Ressies/New Blokes. Only played with 9 men on the weekend lulz. They really should have put us in the second division tbh.

Despite that we have led against every top 4 team and have the most goals in a game this season (14). Both losses against the top team involved coming from behind then losing it late.

Recent years that division has become Prva Hnl. Vukovar has won it for the last 10 years missing out once I think.

Even worse this season with 4/9 teams being Croatian. We should have beaten Vukovar both times this season tbh. We seem to do pretty well against other Croatian teams but seem to struggle against the Poms/Indians/Backpackers

Bump.

Currently 2nd last on the ladder with the most goals for in the league lol (y). Copped 45 in 11.

Nice.

That's VicSoccer league yeah? What's the quality like? We have a team in our league that played vicsoccer (top division I think) last season and they're bottom so I thought you'd be doing a bit better. Quality is pretty average, most of our team has left so we are basically a mix of Seniors/Ressies/New Blokes. Only played with 9 men on the weekend lulz. They really should have put us in the second division tbh.

Despite that we have led against every top 4 team and have the most goals in a game this season (14). Both losses against the top team involved coming from behind then losing it late.

Recent years that division has become Prva Hnl. Vukovar has won it for the last 10 years missing out once I think.

Even worse this season with 4/9 teams being Croatian. We should have beaten Vukovar both times this season tbh. We seem to do pretty well against other Croatian teams but seem to struggle against the Poms/Indians/Backpackers

I've been kicking around in division 1 East kew. Having a good run of late.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just about to start preseason with Croydon Ranges in the Churches League. Not as serious as FFV competitions but still a decent level of copetition in the higher divisions. Will be good to actually get a preseason in this year as last year I only managed to play the last handful of games after 18 months out injured

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Just about to start preseason with Croydon Ranges in the Churches League. Not as serious as FFV competitions but still a decent level of copetition in the higher divisions. Will be good to actually get a preseason in this year as last year I only managed to play the last handful of games after 18 months out injured

Some guys at work play in that, dont you get sent off for swearing? 

No games for us this week. Cup round which were out off. 

My kids are freaking out why I'm still home. Good chance of getting shafted into some work around the house. 

pop down the club to watch a game and have a cleansing ale. Surely you have to see someone about something?

Worse than that. This season they've brought in getting off for blasphemy. So bad, hoping we move to FFV within the next few years

my son played in that for a couple of seasons. Good environment for kids just looking for fun. Plus I got to see the sights of Melbourne every Saturday.

My sunday league cub has just been approved for a full synthetic pitch. Should be good, but will have to limit the slide tackles to one or two per match now.

Worried we'll get killed every week now though because at my level the teams are one of either:

Young guys who arent very skillful

Old wogs who are very skillful but extremely unfit.

We're the former :-(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My team has won the Eltham over 45s comp!

Nice to win, but actually its just good to be able to play. Plenty of blokes I talk to say "i'd like to play but my knee/back/ankle/etc is buggered", so I count myself lucky.

Incidentally my season was really starting to hum ( back to back quality games) when i went down with "a Germano" and have only recently got back for a couple of cameos.

• Like 3

My team has won the Eltham over 45s comp!

Nice to win, but actually its just good to be able to play. Plenty of blokes I talk to say "i'd like to play but my knee/back/ankle/etc is buggered", so I count myself lucky.

Incidentally my season was really starting to hum ( back to back quality games) when i went down with "a Germano" and have only recently got back for a couple of cameos.

congratulations mate! A win for us this weekend and we wrap up the title

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If anyone is interested in a kick this season and is in the East Kew area, East Kew United are looking for players. Those that are serious and have a decent level we have a Premier League Morning team that plays in the Vicsoccer Leagues, also we a social over 35s team that is good for a laugh. Play out of Willsmere Park with most games Sunday mornings 10am KO and training Wednesday night 7pm. Were on FB https://www.facebook.com/EastKewUnited/ . Or if you want more details PM me. Pre season training is underway as is held at Leigh Park Balwyn Rd any interested just rock up. We really need a few more city blokes, the stench of Tards needs rectifying.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hedaik said:

Dunno if I'll get an answer here, but has anybody got any experience with the toddler soccer clinics? Hedaik jnr is 19 months and I'm keen to get him started early, but dont know how much he'll get out of it being so young. 

Definitely get him started as early as possible. The more time he has with a ball at his feet the better he'll develop as a player in the long run. That being said I don't know a whole lot of clinics for kids that young, do your research, but even just kicking the ball around the backyard as much as possible will make a huge difference and then start him in clinics once he gets closer to primary school age.

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

Dunno if I'll get an answer here, but has anybody got any experience with the toddler soccer clinics? Hedaik jnr is 19 months and I'm keen to get him started early, but dont know how much he'll get out of it being so young. 

I don't know much about it, but i drive past a clinic called grasshopper soccer near my place. From ages 2 and up. Looks like the kids enjoy it and are being taught good technique from the small amount i see.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mirkamol Temirkulov said:

I would like to join a club, i am 14 years old but kinda good in soccer, would like to start my career in melbourne. Between i am from uzbekistan(near russia) and want to ask which club to join

Training Tuesday and Thursday nights traffic is bit heavy midweek in Tashkent but once you get on the Monash you should be ok. Good luck. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Seasons are starting to come to an end, how has everyone's season gone? We're currently in second place, 6 points behind but with three games in hand. We've pretty much locked in our second straight promotion and are in the prime seat for our second straight league title!

Only lost one of our last 13, and four in total but look like we'll miss out on finals by goal difference. 

• 5 months later...