Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj Appreciation..

Mozilla

Career wise he'd be better of staying IMHO. Bigger leagues have shown interest in good aleague players anyway. If he can score 15 goals next season he could be off to holland, Germany, England. Serbia aren't even part of the EU yet.

+1

he hasn't even played a full season here yet with heart, nor has he had a proper pre season and season of full training as he has mostly been on a modified training schedule due to his injury. IMO he needs to stay here, have a proper pre-season, score 15+ goals next season, win us the league and then the offers and trials will be coming from everywhere

Would be happy to see Babalj go for the right price. No point holding on to these developing players if they are just going to leave for free at the end of their contract.

The point would be them helping us win the league... And it's easy enough to renew his contract at some point before he leaves.

The point would be them helping us win the league

I don't really rate Babalj that highly in this league at the moment. Nowhere near Smeltz or Berisha. He does have the potential to be better than both but what's the point in developing him if we are going to let him go for free before he reaches his peak.

I think we should be looking to get someone better (at the moment) as our number 1 striker if we want to win the league.

And it's easy enough to renew his contract at some point before he leaves.

It's not that easy really. Why would he renew his contract if he will want to leave soon?
  • Like 1

Would be happy to see Babalj go for the right price. No point holding on to these developing players if they are just going to leave for free at the end of their contract.

this.

what would be more beneficial for us, keeping our best players and winning the league/winning final/champions league qualification etc...

or

selling our best young players off to european clubs, but remaining a mid-table team

Hey, me again. Saw some people answered some of my questions, thanks for that. But you didn't earn the reward since you haven't answered all of them.

I read what this guy wrote in the post above mine, and I have a possible solution. Listen to this.

Heart & RedStar have the same colours - red and white. Our fans are in some sort of special relationship with fans from Russia and Greece who's clubs have the same colours. Don't get confused, it has nothing homosexual in it. We Serbs don't support that stuff.

Now, my point is that we could help each other since we are in some sort of connection concerning club colours.

Babalj is our target. And since you don't want to be a mid-table team, we can help ypu with some players that have been with us so long and now they need a change and a chance to earn some money. I got 4 players for you.

First one is our right back Nikola Mikic. The captain! Good trustworthy defender, strong at the back and with a very neat cross. There was some intrest from German club but i don't know what happened with that.

Second one is our goalkeeper Vesic. Maaaan he so quick we call him "the cat". Tall guy, young, member of our U21 national team. Commandig goalkeeper, coveres the whole box. His problem is that our new coach brought wit him his goalkeeper so Vesic was left out, but he was our first choice for two years. He is so good he used to defend penalties only with his legs man. A true gem, shame he lost his place.

Number 3: our long serving left back Stevan Стев'ца Reljic!! Red Star's Zanetti. He's rightfooted, but he plays on the left. Not so fast but what a cross, what a drible! Inteligent player, follows the game very good, knows when to go forward. He sometimegs goes all the way to the opponents goal. Only problem with him is when hi sprints alot all his blood rushes into his head an makes him forget that he is supposed to return to his position.

Was called for the MOntenegro national team his position is covered by a player who has a strong manager an simply has to play. No place for Stev'ca unfortunately.

And the fourth one, The Cobra, Marko Miric, son of a legendery singer Mitar Miric. Winger, but very tall. Not that quick but man he can make a mess in oposition defence. Ubelivable drible skills, very inteligent player who can make a killer pass anytime. But he has one problem and that's the reason we want him to leave - he's fucking ugly! Ugly as hell man! He so ugly his ears are trying to esape as further as possible from his face, so he ended up looking like this. God damn!

But he a good player, played for our national team.

Very very believe me VERY good players.

And that's NOT all! You get a bus full of Serbian girs with a red bow on their behinds.

And that's NOT all! If you order in the next 2 days you get a superfantastic European Champions League ball, the biggest trophy in FK Partisan's museum.

And that's NOT all! If you order in next 2 hours you get a picture of a most famous leader of FK Partizan's fans!!!!

You don't have to go to the store, you can ordere from your cousy chair and we'll deliver it to your home, FOR FRE!!

I love Steve Irwin!!

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 4

And the fourth one, The Cobra, Marko Miric, ...But he has one problem and that's the reason we want him to leave - he's fucking ugly! Ugly as hell man! He so ugly his ears are trying to esape as further as possible from his face, so he ended up looking like this. God damn!

Hahaha. Lost my shit.

Hey, me again. Saw some people answered some of my questions, thanks for that. But you didn't earn the reward since you haven't answered all of them.

I read what this guy wrote in the post above mine, and I have a possible solution. Listen to this.

Heart & RedStar have the same colours - red and white. Our fans are in some sort of special relationship with fans from Russia and Greece who's clubs have the same colours. Don't get confused, it has nothing homosexual in it. We Serbs don't support that stuff. (But Croats enjoy it! They are so into it that their women are coming to Serbia in need of a good old straight hard one).

Now, my point is that we could help each other since we are in some sort of connection concerning club colours.

Babalj is our target. And since you don't want to be a mid-table team, we can help ypu with some players that have been with us so long and now they need a change and a chance to earn some money. I got 4 players for you.

First one is our right back Nikola Mikic. The captain! Good trustworthy defender, strong at the back and with a very neat cross. There was some intrest from German club but i don't know what happened with that.

Second one is our goalkeeper Vesic. Maaaan he so quick we call him "the cat". Tall guy, young, member of our U21 national team. Commandig goalkeeper, coveres the whole box. His problem is that our new coach brought wit him his goalkeeper so Vesic was left out, but he was our first choice for two years. He is so good he used to defend penalties only with his legs man. A true gem, shame he lost his place.

Number 3: our long serving left back Stevan Стев'ца Reljic!! Red Star's Zanetti. He's rightfooted, but he plays on the left. Not so fast but what a cross, what a drible! Inteligent player, follows the game very good, knows when to go forward. He sometimegs goes all the way to the opponents goal. Only problem with him is when hi sprints alot all his blood rushes into his head an makes him forget that he is supposed to return to his position.

Was called for the MOntenegro national team his position is covered by a player who has a strong manager an simply has to play. No place for Stev'ca unfortunately.

And the fourth one, The Cobra, Marko Miric, son of a legendery singer Mitar Miric. Winger, but very tall. Not that quick but man he can make a mess in oposition defence. Ubelivable drible skills, very inteligent player who can make a killer pass anytime. But he has one problem and that's the reason we want him to leave - he's fucking ugly! Ugly as hell man! He so ugly his ears are trying to esape as further as possible from his face, so he ended up looking like this. God damn!

But he a good player, played for our national team.

Very very believe me VERY good players.

And that's NOT all! You get a bus full of Serbian girs with a red bow on their behinds.

And that's NOT all! If you order in the next 2 days you get a superfantastic European Champions League ball, the biggest trophy in FK Partisan's museum.

And that's NOT all! If you order in next 2 hours you get a picture of a most famous leader of FK Partizan's fans!!!!

You don't have to go to the store, you can ordere from your cousy chair and we'll deliver it to your home, FOR FRE!!

I love Steve Irwin!!

Mate, if you want to cause tension then best you fuck off. Both Croatian's and Serbian's support Melbourne Heart and what we don't need is little wannabe hooligans like yourself spreading propaganda on a perfectly good forum for all nationalities and religion's.

Mate, if you want to cause tension then best you fuck off. Both Croatian's and Serbian's support Melbourne Heart and what we don't need is little wannabe hooligans like yourself spreading propaganda on a perfectly good forum for all nationalities and religion's.

Lighten up, mate.

Take it as a joke, have a laugh, move on...

Lighten up, mate.

Lighten up, mate.

"(But Croats enjoy it! They are so into it that their women are coming to Serbia in need of a good old straight hard one)."

If he wants to come on here and talk about football or other general topics then OK, but the above quote from him was an attack on Croatian's.

Edited by Braveheart

Lol @ the club if we're stupid enough to sell Babalj for $500,000.

Problem is that his contract is up at the end of the coming season, potential case of 500k vs zero...zilch....not a thing.

I'd like him to stay on this year and renew his contract out of goodwill for the club.

Come out firing after a full preseason, bang in 15+ , value increases which we accept and everyone's a winner.

Depends how badly he want's to play in Serbia I guess as to what will happen.

• Like 1

is it worth getting 500,000 in exchange for potentially losing an extra 15+ goals next season? People keep saying to sell him off for 500k and spend that money on a marquee striker, but what if that marquee striker ends up being a Ricardinho? 400k a season to score 2 goals? At least with babalj we know his quality, he works well with the players and has an understanding with them, and he has shown that he is capable of scoring great goals in important games.

I'm assuming he would be on no more than 90k this season, where else would we find a striker who can score 15+ goals next season for that wage that doesnt take up a visa spot?

Obviously there's the possibility of getting nothing from him next season, but if we get 500k for him now the club will have to spend that money on a player of the same quality anyway, so essentially we would have gained nothing. 500k is really nothing for a player like babalj, especially when we have absolutely no-one who can play his role (no, hoffman is not an option). Would rather take a chance and hope he signs another one year extension so that by the end of next season there should be 2-3 big clubs interested and we can do some serious business

Eli would defiantly crack the shits if he wanted a move and was denied because Heart wanted more then what Red Star was willing to pay.

That being said, I'd only be comfortable with him leaving if it was for big money AND we signed Charisteas.

Not up to him. It's our clubs call. He's contracted remember. But....the club has a risk of lack of motivation if he doesn't go etc...

Yes because the club will deny him the chance of joining one of Europe's biggest clubs?

Edited by Attila