Melbourne Football

New Kappa Kit

toogood18

Updated my old template with the new sponsors.

Looks much worse, but there really isn't a way around it.

Thought sponsors might concede on the third kit because it's one-off, and change their logo colours.

fnfn1O6.png

Ran out of likes. Really like these and the other one's with the cross. Goes with the flag. Change the name to Heart of Melbourne FC and makes us really Melbourne's team. But I could see people say that we are english or something like that.

Edited by tigerou812

Also I haven't found the necks too tight but I'm fairly slim.

got them today. overnight delivery is great, in time for the game today. the medium fits well but the neck is tight, like a turtle neck. i have trouble getting my head through. but the jersey fits well other than the neck. they really are slim fit like they are described. the small is too small so i will sell it. 

Don't like the shorts with the third kit.. looks like two kits put together... Didn't mind it but would prefer the Flag of Melbourne style as depicted by Cannavo and Baresi...

I can't see the club changing the stripes however the sash needs to go... just looks too out of place on a t-shirt as compared to an AFL guernsey..

Actually I don't give a f what is on the top so long as there is no collar.

I have posted before that I would  like the club to swap from using the Stripes to the Sash for our Home Kit every second season.

This way we would not lose either Iconic Design that supporters already feel attached too...

This would also allow the fans our chance to see some real difference in our Away Kits rather than kits that still with Red and White somewhere on them as we have seen with all the Kits we have worn so far in our Short History. A great place to start IMO could be the infamous Derby County Argie Strip:

$T2eC16ZHJHEFFlwf!M4wBR6-FNCd2w~~60_35.J

• Like 2

I thought our 3rd strip was really poorly executed overall. It kinda looked like a Piet Mondriaan painting gone bad in all honesty, the idea was good, however.

The quatered kit is one of my personal favorites and something we haven't seen in the HAL before, so we could really make it our own.

Watching Villa at the weekend (kents), I thought their away strip was really nice! Would love to see us in a more traditional qatered kit like this one.

Edit: Quick PS mockup

Untitled_1.jpg

would love this as home or away

I thought our 3rd strip was really poorly executed overall. It kinda looked like a Piet Mondriaan painting gone bad in all honesty, the idea was good, however.

The quatered kit is one of my personal favorites and something we haven't seen in the HAL before, so we could really make it our own.

Watching Villa at the weekend (kents), I thought their away strip was really nice! Would love to see us in a more traditional qatered kit like this one.

Untitled_1.jpg

Agree with you there LR9.

The concept was great, but the design was IMO ruined by the very large white panels front and particularly back - the latter making the red at the top and bottom of the back almost non-existent.

• Like 1

Updated my old template with the new sponsors.

Looks much worse, but there really isn't a way around it.

Thought sponsors might concede on the third kit because it's one-off, and change their logo colours.

fnfn1O6.png

Ran out of likes. Really like these and the other one's with the cross. Goes with the flag. Change the name to Heart of Melbourne FC and makes us really Melbourne's team. But I could see people say that we are english or something like that.

I reckon when most people think of the English flag they think of the Union Jack so if people are intelligent enough to know the difference between the Union Jack and the English Flag, they'll know what the City of Melbourne Flag looks like, hence I'm not too concerned about anyone creating an "English Connection". 

Really like the look of blackburns away kit this season, nice and simple

For an away kit that Blackburn top might look good if the colours were reversed, i.e. if the vertical stripe was red and the rest of the top was white. So basically, it's taking our current red sash and rotating it using the Melbourne Heart logo as the pivot point.

Untitled_1.jpg

One of the best kits I have seen. Again, we'll done.

Would love this to be our home top.

Agree with you, I didn't like the third kit design all that much. Been overhyped.

Your kit is amazing.

• Like 1

I have posted before that I would  like the club to swap from using the Stripes to the Sash for our Home Kit every second season.

This way we would not lose either Iconic Design that supporters already feel attached too...

I was going to suggest something similar, but you have already covered it. Even if they just stayed with stripes for home and rotated the away. Plenty of teams have themes or colours that they rotate around in the away shirt. Would be happy to have home stripes and swap sash and 1/4 squares every 1-2 seasons. Opinion is often divided between the sash and stripes and their fav too. Gives everyone a go and might sell more shirts in the long run if people are put off by a certain style or the fact that the next season is so similar. 

I was going to suggest something similar, but you have already covered it. Even if they just stayed with stripes for home and rotated the away. Plenty of teams have themes or colours that they rotate around in the away shirt. Would be happy to have home stripes and swap sash and 1/4 squares every 1-2 seasons. Opinion is often divided between the sash and stripes and their fav too. Gives everyone a go and might sell more shirts in the long run if people are put off by a certain style or the fact that the next season is so similar. 

Sorry but for me, the Home kit stays the same.

You dont see many teams change theyre home kit what so ever. I love the stripes and think our kit is one of the best looking ones going around.The away kit on the other hand is a different story.

Sorry but for me, the Home kit stays the same.

You dont see many teams change theyre home kit what so ever. I love the stripes and think our kit is one of the best looking ones going around.The away kit on the other hand is a different story.

dont bayern munich change their home kit often?

Yes, as do Barca.

But the majority of clubs dont change it.

Barca have changed it recently but predominantly, they are know for the blue/red striped kit.

Most of the big clubs in world football usually stick to tradition when it comes the theyre home kit.

All im saying is i think the kit should stay with the red and white strips.

Yes, as do Barca.

But the majority of clubs dont change it.

Barca have changed it recently but predominantly, they are know for the blue/red striped kit.

Most of the big clubs in world football usually stick to tradition when it comes the theyre home kit.

All im saying is i think the kit should stay with the red and white strips.

Well my suggestion was for the Home Kit to also be White with Red, in fact in my opinion its should also be a White Kit with Red Stripes or a White Kit with a Red Sash. I have never been a fan of the current Red Kit with Whites Stripes since it was announced.

And FWIW when it comes down to it I am Stripes Man myself as well.

• Like 1

Heart would be lucky to sign FILA.

Even ISC were way better than Kappa so I cant see why FILA would be any worse...

At least the fans/ and some players will be able to fit into their kits then and we might return to a White Kit rather than a Red One.

I will say that i love the look of the kappa kits. Think they actually look like a proper football kit.

If it wasnt for the collar and fitted style, id want Kappa to stay.

In regards to summer merch...

My email:

I was wondering if any summer merch is going to be sold? The turtle necks dont really go well with the summer heat and a lot are wondering if singlets will be sold to the general public? A la the training style.... And any other summery items?

Thanks

Club's generic response failing to answer 1 question:

The full range of Merchandise is available online at the official Club Shop and at the two retail outlets within AAMI Park on match-days.

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/producttype/2