Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart: The name, the colours & the logo - Are you happy with it?

FB.

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the name Melbourne Heart?

• Yes
    • No

'scuse my shitty ms paint job, but i'd like to see something like this instead of that... blob that we currently have. You could just put "Melbourne Heart" at the top if you don't like the name change (I just prefer Melburnians - even my 12 yo sister reckons Heart is very mockable).

If you were wondering, the right half of it is the flag of the City of Melbourne minus the crown http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_city_of_melbourne

And to those against the changes cos of a loss of identity - tons of clubs have changed their crests http://www.logoguru.co.uk/blog/history-epl-club-logos/ <--- and those are just the epl ones withought the rest of the world, and a name change is hardly a loss of identity is the supporters ask for it :/

post-3071-0-85496700-1360327500_thumb.pn

Suggestion for a Bloods Banner

MHFC: This cities life blood?

or MHFC 'The Bloods' This cities life blood

not sure about the second one

If this nick name manages to take hold I think for some games im going to turn up doused in fake blood :P

Edited by Dylan

Freeze time - Whats wrong with the Bloods? Red blood cells, white blood cells...makes sense that a red & white team can be referred to as The Bloods.

Dazman - the Coat of arms of the city of Melbourne with the red and white cross (England's flag) in the centre and the motto at the bottom reads:

"Vires Acquirit Eundo" meaning "We gather strength as we go" so maybe that can be used too...

How about a banner with the City of Melbourne Flag (or City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms) and the words:

Heart of Melbourne

"We gather strength as we go"

or

City of Melbourne Heart

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it has a very LFC - "YNWA" feel about it...MHFC - WGSAWG :wub:

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

How about a banner with the City of Melbourne Flag (or City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms) and the words:

Heart of Melbourne

or

City of Melbourne Heart

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it has a very LFC - "YNWA" feel about it...MHFC - WGSAWG :wub:

My vote.

I have plenty of merch, gets worn at hockey training because it's sport.

I wear shirts and polos to games because I am -watching- sport.

Wear what you like for fucks sake, but don't tell me what I should wear.

Anything that makes you look as ruggedly handsome as you already are Ando. :wub:

Wear whatever you want lads, as long as I can identify you as a Melbourne Heart supporters.

I just thought I add that the flag between the words is the City of Melbourne's flag. The quote "We gather strength as we go" is the translation of the Latin motto, "Vires . Acquirit . Eundo" from the City of Melbourne's Coat of Arms.

The Coat of Arms includes the City of Melbourne's flag; England flag's red cross with images of Melbourne's four main activities contributing to its economy.

post-2233-0-75473200-1360561527_thumb.pn

jimmy what about those of us that buy merch for posterity sakes but choose whether we want to wear it?

I have a MH jersey. I will wear it when I go for a kick about. Then I can pretend I'm Steven Gray and wear it while watching from the sidelines, hoping to get a go.

• Like 2

Just referring back to the Bloods suggestion, I asked a few Melbourne Based Sydney supporters about how they felt about it and they seemed to not be so hostile towards it (they dont like football at all) so they could be swayed to support the heart in the summer, they even said at least they can wear their swans shirts and still blend in :P

As suggested by various people over the years, we should put the badge we have in a roundel like the logo used on this forum. Looks class and the "branding" is still recognisable.

Ok, my two cents. Name & colours are great. People can wear whatever the hell they want. The logo is a bit meh, but what's good about it is that it's simple and easily recognisable. We don't need a logo that looks like a traditional 100 year old club logo because we're not a 100 year old club.

But I think it can be improved by the suggestion above. I agree that it gives it a lot more class. If there's enough support amongs fans, could we get the club to run it past members for next season, like we've been able to get 'Happy Together' played? It seems to me that there's quite a bit of support for it.

• Like 1

I just hate the "Melbourne Heart" that's written above the actual heart logo.

I agree. A good logo is recognisable on it's own so shouldn't really need the name next to it or above it. And because the name takes up space, our actual logo often looks smaller in comparison to other clubs that have their name incorporated in the logo itself. It's a small thing, but it's annoyed me too.

not to much of a fan of the logo. you cant really tell what it is if you didn't know about the club which makes it hard because we need to attract as many members as we can. i love the red and white tho. and i think we have to live with the name after all it be huge to change the name idk if they would consider after the work they put in advertising it

Can't see a name change happening...ever. We are Melbourne Heart, thats the name of the club, our club colours are the red and white, and thats it. Live with it and make it part of your being. Following Heart should be like a religion and watching the team play live, like going to church.

In terms of the logo, hats of to those being creative...here is the thing, our club is new, the A-league is new, and our logo is relevant as it is...no matter how cool a coat of arms may be, or no matter how we would like our flag to look like a euro club with over a hundred years of tradition, anything made up to represent the club in that vein IMO will be fake and have no real historic ties to the club.

My advice to those creative few with graphic art skills....work with the existing elements of the club and logo, and nothing more.

In terms of nicknames, steer clear of anything that has been used before in other codes...if the club became known as the bloods, we would ALWAYS be talked about in the same breath as the Swans. I like The Red & Whites or the Red Stripes....simple.

• Like 2