Melbourne Football

MHFC Fan Forum - May 24 2012 @ La Trobe Uni (Confirmed by Club Email)

LR9

Confirmed by Scott Munn today.

"We are going to have a fan forum for season wrap next month"

Time, Date, Venue are still TBC...

Things to discuss?

Here is a few of my points:

- Defensive Accountability,

- Home form (the need to become more familiar with MRS, e.g. Train there more often),

- Consistancy,

- The need for better facilities for players,

- Financial Reassurance,

- The need for a stronger marketing campaign,

- Community Ownership, allows as to hold part of the club as equity,

- Gameday Music,

- Issues with ACG, and the pressure being put on us to self police,

- Quality of ISC products...

MOD NOTE: please include source of announcement;

https://twitter.com/...977359514566657

Edited by FB.
  • Like 4

This sounds good.

A few of the things in the OP (the ones more related to fans rather than on-field performance or team) are already being discussed with the club though, so there might be some developments on those fronts before this fan forum.

This sounds good.

A few of the things in the OP (the ones more related to fans rather than on-field performance or team) are already being discussed with the club though, so there might be some developments on those fronts before this fan forum.

What is the progress of these issues? The club on the same wavelength as the fans or making excuses for what is not working or what is?

Would be interested to know.

- Ticker to officially 'retire'

- Herald Sun handouts to continue

- Board to be sacked

- Request to have Wayne Srhoj elevated to 'club legend' in FM13.

- Injured/dropped players to stand amongst Yarraside

- Club to run buses to Syd/Ade away

- 'Paradise City' to be scrapped

- Ljubo to be installed as Director Of Football

- Club to be renamed Sporting Melbourne FC, with Basketball and Handball clubs to be established along with our Futsal team.

• Like 1

- Board to be sacked

- Club to be renamed Sporting Melbourne FC, with Basketball and Handball clubs to be established along with our Futsal team.

you're trying too hard.

• Like 5

- Board to be sacked

hehehhe herald sun's!

Shroj should be made captain/coach and the CEO all in one ;)

naming the club Sporting Melbourne would be amazing.

Have a Volleyball and possibly netball team too.

- Sign an experienced board member. (Coach)

- Board to be sacked

hahahaha love the bus idea and the injured suspended players to stand in yarraside would be gold!

- Club Culture

The club can talk it up all they like but a blind man can see it's all a con. Player favoritism for one but the icing on the cake was Simon and his hissy fit kicking the ball away.

The culture at a club is the behaviour that is accepted or not, and if you have people clear about that culture, you can then empower people to take charge of the culture.

But if they don't know what the accepted standards are, then they can't do anything – they just wonder why people are late for training, or why we accept that a senior player is not sanctioned for his petulant act.

It's that link between accepted behaviour and leadership capacity, and then, obviously, the greater increase in leadership capacity the greater increase in performance.

So it's also about winning games!

when am i ever negative or elitist, and how it's labelled bitter i have no idea rofl. i reguarly get told to stop with the off-topic, unnecessary shit i post on here.

just to be a smartass i'll go along with it anyway though, there's more than 2 illegitimate ideas you posted, there's 5.

DutchPride, pull your head out of your ass. Nearing Butters as being one of the more elitist/bitter cunts around the terrace. No one likes a negative nancy.

All of those suggestions are legit, bar the last 2.

No need for personal attacks etc. Stay on topic, ladies.

Confirmed by Scott Munn today.

"We are going to have a fan forum for season wrap next month"

Time, Date, Venue are still TBC...

Things to discuss?

Here is a few of my points:

- Defensive Accountability,

- Home form (the need to become more familiar with MRS, e.g. Train there more often),

- Consistancy,

- The need for better facilities for players,

- Financial Reassurance,

- The need for a stronger marketing campaign,

- Community Ownership, allows as to hold part of the club as equity,

- Gameday Music,

- Issues with ACG, and the pressure being put on us to self police,

- Quality of ISC products...

In what official capacity was this all confirmed?

I doubt I'll be able to make it to the forum but would love to bring up a few issues. Im pretty sure someone would bring them up anyway but if not feel free to take my issues and run with 'em. :)

-Recruitment

No doubt there's been a few hits with the younger Aussie boys, but it's seriously negated with the choices made on the middle age to mature group and imports.

I don't know who is responsible for the selections or if we even have a recruitment manager and team, but is something the club should consider of absolute vital importance.

Love to think one person is solely responsible for picking the young crop as it's as simple as showing the door to the others.

I'd like to see a much more concerted effort by the club in regards to recruitment and scouting. Funnel money from less important elements into it if need be.

Imports play such a large part in success, unfortunately when the available aussie talent that's within budget has to be spread across so many teams, there will never be an all conquering no import team, well not for a long long time anyway.

The minute they're not close to first down on the team sheet is the minute success basically vanishes for the season

Capitalise on the European economy and create some links with these clubs. The common model currently is for clubs to take free agents from overseas which is hit and miss and not to mention risky business contract wise.

Let's look at loans imo, much greater chance of scoring a gun and far better value going down that path. All for what could be a small fee or a percentage of wages etc and the beauty is if they don't settle or even worse and they perform like a worm mk2, it's goodbye March, not March next season.

How did this Fan Forum come about?

Was it purely Munn's Idea out of the Blue?

In what official capacity was this all confirmed?

It was confirmed on twitter;

https://twitter.com/...977359514566657

Re; Security. A meeting is already set with them, but we don't have a date yet. But when we do we'll let those on the forum know so they can let us know what issues and problesm they want addressed exactly and we'll take it to the club/security.

In saying this, if people want to take these issues to the fan forum aswell, then in my view they are more then welcome too.

• Like 1

Good to hear, would also like the ability to have open discussion regarding managerial candidates and the type of approach/criteria the board want to see applied from a manager and what they are looking for.

This will give us an indication of what the board see as the ideal direction for the club and an idea of how the club will be playing next year. Also, if allowed, potential discussion regarding at least one Visa marquee player.

• Like 1