Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Fuck this GTA V shit, FIFA 14 launch time bitches. Getting paid today, probably preorder later tonight to get dem 24 gold packs.

Somewhat tempted to go for midnight launch, never done that before, but don't really see the point TBH as I wont really play it much, and it's only EB that does that AFAIK and they are more expensive than other places.

Fuck this GTA V shit, FIFA 14 launch time bitches. Getting paid today, probably preorder later tonight to get dem 24 gold packs.

Somewhat tempted to go for midnight launch, never done that before, but don't really see the point TBH as I wont really play it much, and it's only EB that does that AFAIK and they are more expensive than other places.

There's never enough differences between the titles to justify me buying the next game every year so I'll just play FIFA 13 until FIFA 15 comes out.

FIFA is pretty shit tbh. Massive rip off. It's decent to play with mates but that's about it. Pretty much always full price until the next edition is released and then it's well out of date. No way. Updated squads brand new ultimate team career mode upgraded crew mode better.. Play seasons mode with heart lobbed through balls with gol gol up front he's to quick for any other 2 star teams you get matched up with = gg.. Plus just to play with Harry in the heart kit n smashing in free kicks with Orlando is #dicksout

FIFA is pretty shit tbh. Massive rip off. It's decent to play with mates but that's about it. Pretty much always full price until the next edition is released and then it's well out of date.

Definitiely good for a laiugh with mates.

But really it's s all about the ultimate team. I actually think it's probably the best online game. I'm talking about the top division or two of ultimate team. It's just such a mental game, you lose focus for a second you lose. You really have to try get into the opponent's head and not let them get into your head. Nothing else matches it IMO.

• Like 1

FIFA is pretty shit tbh. Massive rip off. It's decent to play with mates but that's about it. Pretty much always full price until the next edition is released and then it's well out of date.

Definitiely good for a laiugh with mates.

But really it's s all about the ultimate team. I actually think it's probably the best online game. I'm talking about the top division or two of ultimate team. It's just such a mental game, you lose focus for a second you lose. You really have to try get into the opponent's head and not let them get into your head. Nothing else matches it IMO.

If they made fifa ultimate team as a seperate entity to the game, would buy UT

I promised myself I would wait until uni was finished but after Good Games review I caved. Installing GTA as we speak. Feeling sick with anticipation.

do you have an iphone? If so, get the app called iFruit.

basically adds to the experience of GTA V. you look after your dog on it and he responds better in the game. dress you character how you like, and do up your cars how you like too. 

I'm really surprised at the depth that this game has. 

Has not exploded yet so thats good.

In terms of the game I feel like a dick saying this but I am slightly underwhelmed. Yes the map is huge and detailed but I am still finding the environment not very interactive (want to go into buildings but cant, etc). Will still play the fuck out of it and hopefully when I start doing more missions and stuff I will start feeling more immersed but at the moment it feels a bit same same.

Bought FIFA 14 this morning, played a couple of games but didnt really have the urge to play more, which is good as I dont want to waste too much time playing the game. Ended up being quite sick today which left me in a rather unproductive mood so I've played a bit more.

Definitely see some good differences when compared to fifa 13, I dont think pace is as overrated an attribute as it was in 13, you can see the advantages of the other attributes eg strength.

Anyone else that has it PM me your xbox live id if you want a game.

Bought FIFA 14 this morning, played a couple of games but didnt really have the urge to play more, which is good as I dont want to waste too much time playing the game. Ended up being quite sick today which left me in a rather unproductive mood so I've played a bit more.

Definitely see some good differences when compared to fifa 13, I dont think pace is as overrated an attribute as it was in 13, you can see the advantages of the other attributes eg strength.

Anyone else that has it PM me your xbox live id if you want a game.

Will xbox live you in a couple months when the next gen is out.

IMO, best open-world game made = Red Dead Redemption.

Have you played GTA V?

Not saying GTA V is the best open world game but I reckon it's better than RDR. 

I tried twice but couldn't finish the story in RDR. Too long and didn't find it interesting. Wasn't much to do in the world either from what I remember.

GTA's getting pretty tedious and repetitive too but it's still decent. Will finish the story first before I judge it.

I would agree with Deviate though, TES and Fallout games are probably my favourite open world games atm (at least since GTA SA)

Have you played GTA V?

Not saying GTA V is the best open world game but I reckon it's better than RDR. 

I tried twice but couldn't finish the story in RDR. Too long and didn't find it interesting. Wasn't much to do in the world either from what I remember.

GTA's getting pretty tedious and repetitive too but it's still decent. Will finish the story first before I judge it.

I would agree with Deviate though, TES and Fallout games are probably my favourite open world games atm (at least since GTA SA)

Nah, not a GTA fan, hence not commenting on that.

The detail in RDR is ridiculous though... Quite a lot to do in the world.

FWIW, the storyline seems long because so many recent games are really short.

From memory I did it in ~20 hours I think.

Not really anything wrong with having a long story. Already put at least 20 hours into GTA V. Nothing worse than paying full price for a game and then only having a few hours of gameplay.

Was more the game seemed to be dragging on without much interesting happening. No point having a long story if it's just doing the same repetitive shit.

I got up on my first sleep in for 2 moths to play this shit. I'm hooked and probs gonna fail year 12

It's OK, you'll have it finished quite quickly and have your life back on track soon enough.

I did all missions and side missions in about 3 days, played a bit today but got bored with nothing much to do than play golf, go sky diving and buying all the properties, etc.

Now it's just a week or so wait for the online mode...

Edited by LR9

Not really anything wrong with having a long story. Already put at least 20 hours into GTA V. Nothing worse than paying full price for a game and then only having a few hours of gameplay.

Was more the game seemed to be dragging on without much interesting happening. No point having a long story if it's just doing the same repetitive shit.

I am kind of in the middle.

I found the art direction, music and overall "feel" of RDR to be mind blowing. Despite it not really having anything to do as such, I spent ages just riding around on my horse absorbing the environment and all its little details. However I didnt have the patience for the story mode initially, so I sort of pussied out and played the undead version. Loved it. Last night I started playing RDR story mode again and still had that same sense of awe, but that will have to put that on hold until I finish GTA.

I have been playing GTA since the original top down view and every new edition has had me captivated for different reasons. But this one really feels empty. Graphics are about the same (maybe slightly better) as 4, I have already played this city and so far I have not come across anything  that has made me feel like am playing a game at the creative forefront other than the size. 

Rockstar have always gone out of their way to give the gamer a completely new experience and I feel like they have let themselves down on GTA5. It seems to be a case of quantity not quality. Because of this, I would rate RDR over GTA. I am actually looking forward to finishing GTA so I can get back to Red Dead.

Thats my rant anyway. Now back to robbing banks

• Like 1

Out of likes but yes x1million, brilliant game!

inFamous is also very good too.

inFamous is alright, but gets boring pretty quickly.

RDR is the most enjoyable game I have ever played.

Fair enough! I think my favourite thing about RDR was the overall feel of the game and just how well Rockstar nailed the Wild West cowboy theme.

Now I know it's not an open-world game but one of the greatest games of all time imo is the original BioShock.

Rapture is probably the most hauntingly beautiful setting created for a video game and the game as a whole is a hell of a lot better than the highly overrated BioShock Infinite personally.