Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Anyone getting Total War: Rome 2? Looks pretty good but I've got no idea whether I'll like it or not. I'd wait for reviews but if you pre-order you get a few bonus Greek city states, so I want to smash them as Macedonia.

I furiously wanked said game off a few pages back. My most anticipated game of all time.

Also keen for Spartan domination of Euro.

hmmm I may have to change my pre order to Xbox one?

All personal preference really now that they're more or less the exact same thing.

For me it's Xbox because the games interest me more, they've got the better track record for online and most of my mates are buying the same.

hmmm I may have to change my pre order to Xbox one?

All personal preference really now that they're more or less the exact same thing.

For me it's Xbox because the games interest me more, they've got the better track record for online and most of my mates are buying the same. come to think of it, that'll be the same with me also. The exclusives on PlayStation don't seem to really hit the spot upon release. The Xbox has Blu Ray now so I can still watch them. My mates are getting the Xbox also...

Now I just need them to give us a release date!

http://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-one-release-date-and-price-revealed-by-uk-retailers

Possible Xbox one, release date and compete run down on specs and options.

I read another article hinting on a worldwide release on the 29th of November. Another hinting for a 27th of November release date. This should give a rough idea.

Also, to get the best trade in price on your current console, it's recommended to trade it in a month before hand.

Anyone getting Total War: Rome 2? Looks pretty good but I've got no idea whether I'll like it or not. I'd wait for reviews but if you pre-order you get a few bonus Greek city states, so I want to smash them as Macedonia.

I furiously wanked said game off a few pages back. My most anticipated game of all time.

Also keen for Spartan domination of Euro.

Might pre-purchase it tomorrow. I really hope I enjoy the game. Hopefully it doesn't just sit there once GTA5 comes out.

Just bought it for $48. It might be in US, so that works out to around $54 AUD. Either way, saved a fair bit off the steam price.

Here's the site for those interested.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/strategy/total-war-rome-ii/

If anyone is buying from here (green man gaming) and isn't a member yet, signup with my referral link, that way once you buy you get $2 credit for your next purchase and so do I, use this link thanks http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=pulajoxi

Green man gaming are generally the cheapest for buying games legit online.

• Like 2

lol at people calling out people who are going to buy PS4s as fanboys yet are claiming xbox one to be superior with very little basis. Bit ironic.

TBH I have hardly looked much at the consoles since their announcements but I have no idea why someone would rather get the xbox considering how much the fucked up their announcement. 

Then MS went back on most of what they announced because the xbox "fanboys" were all crying about them. Hardly fills you with confidence in the company, how long before they fuck up again? 

• Like 1

I'll be getting the PS4 as I prefer the exclusives that it has to offer although I must say that Microsoft has definitely redeemed itself after their awful conference at E3, the XB1 looks like it'll be a really great console.

I'm also getting a Wii U (lol) just for the next Super Smash Bros whenever it eventually comes out, god damn it I've been waiting forever

On another subject, I will be going to uni to purchase an original chipped xbox from a student who has his own stall that sells all ancient games he has collected through his childhood.

My one was broken a long time ago and I'm eager to use it again to play the 250+ burnt games I have in a folder all for the nostalgic feels when I get friends over to play some co-op.

Nintendo's games are ace.

I agree, Nintendo's my favourite of all the gaming companies but I just think the Wii U's library doesn't offer a hell of a lot at the moment.

Some good games coming out in the next couple of years though! Hahahaha I agree. What's happened to donkey Kong? Is that franchise still around for Nintendo? He used to be under the rareware banner. But that got sold to Microsoft?

Nintendo's games are ace.

I agree, Nintendo's my favourite of all the gaming companies but I just think the Wii U's library doesn't offer a hell of a lot at the moment.

Some good games coming out in the next couple of years though! Hahahaha I agree. What's happened to donkey Kong? Is that franchise still around for Nintendo? He used to be under the rareware banner. But that got sold to Microsoft?

Yeah, Microsoft own Rareware but Nintendo held the rights to DK and now Retro Studios make its games. It got a reboot on the Wii a couple of years ago with Donkey Kong Country Returns which overall was a good game, but I reckon it kind of sucked compared to the awesomeness of the original trilogy.

A new DK game called Tropical Freeze is coming out for Wii U next year though which looks a lot more promising

Just pre ordered GTA V. Its release coincides with me having to take time off work. Will be an epic 4 day weekend

I hear rumors of new/more melee weapons, am excite

that western suburbs feel Heard hammer and machete, could be speculation but I'll be on the bmx, full tracksuit on and a hammer terrorizing the streets of Los santos, Melton stylez

• Like 1

Hey lads just quickly, is Ozgameshop a safe placeto buy games?

Yes, although it's actually based in the UK so it takes a while for games to arrive. Im not sure how the match making works for console games, but I assume if u bought a game which is supposed to be sold in the uk, it will try to match you with uk players when playing online (obviously a bad thing for lag). Their ten dollar birthday discount is a good deal though

Hey lads just quickly, is Ozgameshop a safe placeto buy games?

Yes, although it's actually based in the UK so it takes a while for games to arrive. Im not sure how the match making works for console games, but I assume if u bought a game which is supposed to be sold in the uk, it will try to match you with uk players when playing online (obviously a bad thing for lag). Their ten dollar birthday discount is a good deal though

I'm not certain, but I don't think it works that way.

I'm pretty sure you would still be put into Aus servers/games (you definitely would be on PC)

• Like 1