Melbourne Football

The Australia Cup (formerly the FFA Cup)

MHFC-FAN

Adelaide once again proving that they are a great cup side.

Whilst the red card really did give adelaide a massive boost, they definately deserved it based on the squad gombau named.

Gomau treated the competition with high regard whilst arnold chose to chuck a hissy fit and name a weakened side- serves him right.

Great goals and great game by bruce djite though

Dead serious, how is Ben Williams allowed to keep refereeing when he continually makes these fucking retarded decisions week in, week out? It's not an isolated incident, it happens nearly every game he officiates, it's absolutely ridiculous. 

Not only that, but he was rewarded of all things by being selected to go to the World Cup! I just don't get it, someone's got to be held accountable because it's just unprofessional.

• Like 1

Dead serious, how is Ben Williams allowed to keep refereeing when he continually makes these fucking retarded decisions week in, week out? It's not an isolated incident, it happens nearly every game he officiates, it's absolutely ridiculous. 

Not only that, but he was rewarded of all things by being selected to go to the World Cup! I just don't get it, someone's got to be held accountable because it's just unprofessional.

I used to think Williams had it in for us, but more recently I've come to realise he's just a poor referee.

I found myself in a peculiar position on this forum.  I support refs in general (especially the volunteers at amateur matches) and think people are way too harsh on them - its a tough gig, as anyone who's done it knows.  At the A league level though, i expect better and at least when we don't get it, some acknowledgement that there is a problem and the league is working towards a solution.  Instead we get this ostrich approach and "Ben Williams is the best ref in Asia" rubbish.  I can handle them not being that great, I just want to see the A League trying to make them better.

Dropping Williams for his series of stuff ups in that game (to be fair to him his assistants clearly weren't much assistance) is at least a sign that more is expected and he has to work harder on his game.

• Like 2

I used to think Williams had it in for us, but more recently I've come to realise he's just a poor referee.

I found myself in a peculiar position on this forum.  I support refs in general (especially the volunteers at amateur matches) and think people are way too harsh on them - its a tough gig, as anyone who's done it knows.  At the A league level though, i expect better and at least when we don't get it, some acknowledgement that there is a problem and the league is working towards a solution.  Instead we get this ostrich approach and "Ben Williams is the best ref in Asia" rubbish.  I can handle them not being that great, I just want to see the A League trying to make them better.

Dropping Williams for his series of stuff ups in that game (to be fair to him his assistants clearly weren't much assistance) is at least a sign that more is expected and he has to work harder on his game.

Completely agree. 

It's more than just "the referee's a wankah", it's a series of serious, incorrect game-changing decisions that are detrimental to the game and the league as a whole. 

Mistakes occur of course but when it's more than just an isolated incident, accountability should be an expectation. Improvement is 100% needed.

Anyone at the game?

On TV looks a good crowd. Stands full and people around the boundary. Commentators reckon around 40 Adel City fans at the match. Can see a supporter banner "Black and White Collective" . Bad memories for me of this ground seeing a preseason Heart game with JA at the helm LOL!!!!

Anyone at the game?

On TV looks a good crowd. Stands full and people around the boundary. Commentators reckon around 40 Adel City fans at the match. Can see a supporter banner "Black and White Collective" . Bad memories for me of this ground seeing a preseason Heart game with JA at the helm LOL!!!!

Radio said full house (3000)

Stats on sbs site show Bentleigh with the upper hand in first half

Alistair Bray, Luke O'Dea and Luke Gallo all playing for Bentleigh and looking good. Is O'Dea still in our youth set up somehow? Because he looks a class above even unfit.

Pretty sure O'Dea is too old to play in the Youth team. Have heard rumours he's returning to his family club Warragul United next season as they won promotion to State League 1, having worked their way up from Provisional 3 in the past 12 odd years.

John Aloisi on Alistair Bray:

"Yeah, I know him well and I've worked closely with him. He's a great shot-stopper and really good at 1v1's"

THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SIGN HIM

Because he was already at Heart?

I mean as a senior player, couldn't be worse than the lethal Redders/Tando combo.

• jw1739 changed the title to The Australia Cup (formerly the FFA Cup)
  • jw1739 pinned this topic