Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

he won't come so there's not point of even discussing him

actually i think he would if offered enough money, but we dont have the financial means to pull it off. or at least thats what ive noticed, since its all about braking even. <_<

actually i think he would if offered enough money, but we dont have the financial means to pull it off. or at least thats what ive noticed, since its all about braking even. <_<

yeah no shit but we dont have the money, which is why he wouldnt come

even if we did have the money, he probably has clubs in europe wanting to signing him

Edited by yelawolf

i hope Aloisi has a tall DM and CB in mind. With Shroj gone and Babalj most likely gone, i think we have no more than 1-2 players over 6 foot...

IMO if/when Babalj leaves the most needed position filled is a Striker - unless D. Williams reverts back to his NQF days, which doesnt look likely atm.

Although not ideal, Diop would absolutely destroy the poor excuses for strikers in the A-League. Watched him a fair bit this year in the Championship, and if he could offer a lot to a top end Championship side, he could offer a lot more to an A-League club.

Too old? That's what they said about P. Zwaanswijk... And now he's one of, if not the best CB in the league.

'too much pineapple' shut up, you have no idea.

The league needs more characters like Bulut? I didn't know we had any total hood rats in the league.

He would barely be a step up from Babalj, so I wouldn't be too fuzzy if we signed him, and afaik he gets regular game time in a half decent league with Mlada Boleslav. He has serious discipline issues, not to mention.

Taking a step back from the formal discussion the reason I'd be happy with bulut is i'd like our league to have our own Ballotelli, someone to laugh at and Reddy doesn't really cut it for me.

Plus he's a class act on the pitch from what I've seen but mostly for the lulz.

The club will never sign some one with the track record of Bulut, unfortunately.

In the clubs never ending persuit of legitimacy and justification, they will always try to distance themselves from the controversial and Ill-disciplined figures in its bid to become 'not Victory'.

This is why people like Boutsians, Bouzanis, Lujbo, Mulvey, etc. will never seriously be considered (unless of course the club got desperate, or decided to add new rules to their mysterious 'philosophy')

Ryan Nelson is a free agent at the moment, I doubt we would try sign him due to trying to break even this season, but that would be a quality central defence signing for an A-league team and not really out of reach given his age and the opportunity to return close to home.

Would be relatively pleased if we manage to sign Sunil Chhetri. As well as being a pretty handy footballer, he'd be a pretty good marketing tool for the club. Probably the most well known Indian footballer as he's the NT captain, and their most highly regarded player.

I'd much rather have him in the squad than Maycon or Hoffman, he's got a good goalscoring record at international level, having found the net against Bahrain and South Korea at the last Asian Cup. Could be a handy addition to the squad as a winger,

• Like 1

Would be relatively pleased if we manage to sign Sunil Chhetri. As well as being a pretty handy footballer, he'd be a pretty good marketing tool for the club. Probably the most well known Indian footballer as he's the NT captain, and their most highly regarded player.

I'd much rather have him in the squad than Maycon or Hoffman, he's got a good goalscoring record at international level, having found the net against Bahrain and South Korea at the last Asian Cup. Could be a handy addition to the squad as a winger,

Gouramanghi Singh says hi.

Michael Chopra says hi.

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia,

We have sold Eli Babalj and bought an Indian Striker by the name of Sunil Chhetri ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Melbourne_Heart_season#Transfers

Better wait for confirmation from the club. Could be just another wind-up like James Baxendale. But IMO Chhetri would be pretty good for the club overall.

Gouramanghi Singh says hi.

Michael Chopra says hi.

Micky Chopra is half indian and is more english than he is indian. U/21 caps for england, northern accent etc...

Both Singh and Chetri look like northern Gurkhas, with a touch of Burmese. Cute but considering Chetri's little stint in the states, please no.

Edited by Hendo
  • Like 1

Better wait for confirmation from the club. Could be just another wind-up like James Baxendale. But IMO Chhetri would be pretty good for the club overall.

That same wiki page now says we have also signed free agent Ryuji Bando, a Japanese Player on a 1 year deal?

Please explain who updates that page. Will make a lot more sense as to what to believe on it.

Both Singh and Chetri look like northern Gurkhas, with a touch of Burmese. Cute but considering Chetri's little stint in the states, please no.

Chhetri is of Nepali ethnicity.

It's just a rumour at this stage, but don't write the guy off completely. Most of of the players mentioned on this thread so far have no chance of ever playing for Heart - they are out of our reach financially. We have to cut our coat according to the cloth.

Aloisi and Didulica have their heads screwed on and we have to rely on them to make good selections.

I don't believe anything that is not actually confirmed by Heart HQ.

Edited by jw1739