Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Are we promoting any youth? Couldn't give a shit about signing 30 year olds I want to sign our next club legend and watch him grow! Should be something in place that we promote 1-2 NYL players every year, give them something to work towards, Zac Walker should be first if Babalj goes.

Are we promoting any youth? Couldn't give a shit about signing 30 year olds I want to sign our next club legend and watch him grow! Should be something in place that we promote 1-2 NYL players every year, give them something to work towards, Zac Walker should be first if Babalj goes.

So we promote them even if they're all shit?

The club will always look to promote them when/if they are ready, it's a given, that's why they're there.

• Like 1

4 months left until start of season. Would expect most, if not all signings made by mid july which means after this week, we have 6 weeks to sign 5 players (6 if babalj leaves). Main reasons being that the quality players are always the ones snapped up the earliest by clubs and we don't want to be stuck with signing the leftovers (essentially what happened with maycon last year). Also that the players need time to gel and start playing together as a team, getting to know how each other plays, getting fitness up etc etc.

4 months left until start of season. Would expect most, if not all signings made by mid july which means after this week, we have 6 weeks to sign 5 players (6 if babalj leaves). Main reasons being that the quality players are always the ones snapped up the earliest by clubs and we don't want to be stuck with signing the leftovers (essentially what happened with maycon last year). Also that the players need time to gel and start playing together as a team, getting to know how each other plays, getting fitness up etc etc.

Wasn't Maycon signed at the same time as Fred?

• Like 1

Wasn't Maycon signed at the same time as Fred?

Yes, pretty much at the same time. I can't dig up the report now, but the JvS quote about his '...three Brazilians' was made relatively early in the piece, and well before Maycon was named by the club as a signing. Maycon was not a 'late signing' at all.

Moving on, with Babalj seemingly going we lose our main route to goal and probably our most exciting player, and we are back to 15 players contracted for next season. Seems to me we now need at least two good strikers, a CB, a defensive MF, and an attacking MF who also has an eye for goal. Of the existing squad Williams, Hoffman and Kalmar do nothing for me - Hoffman ought to, but never seems able to replicate his representative form in the A-League. Thompson needs to lift on his form in the second half of last season, and I'm not confident Fred can physically last 27 matches.

JD and SM appear to be supremely confident that they can find the necessary players. That's now going to be put to the test. We can only hope that they are right.

In 88 pages on this thread, we have been officially linked with:

Andrew Redmayne

Ben Halloran

Carlos Hernandez

Daniel

Jake Barker-Daish

Gol Gol Mebrahtu

Dario Vidosic

(not sure if i've missed anyone)

Only one out of those 7 targets has signed with us. I'd like to think that when Aloisi gets back from europe we will hear more about who we are in talks with :unsure:

Edited by heart_fan10

In 88 pages on this thread, we have been officially linked with:

Andrew Redmayne

Ben Halloran

Carlos Hernandez

Daniel

Jake Barker-Daish

Gol Gol Mebrahtu

Dario Vidosic

(not sure if i've missed anyone)

Only one out of those 7 targets has signed with us. I'd like to think that when Aloisi gets back from europe we will hear more about who we are in talks with :unsure:

Kevin Gamero.

apparently he signed a 6 year deal with us, but its just a rumor.

:P

That would make it his 4th A-league club in 8 seasons.....certainly some sort of record to say the least...cannot stay longer than 2 years at any one club.

Justin Pasfield will open his legs for anyone. 5 clubs in the past 7 seasons, Colosimo would be the bridesmaid. Pasfield is king of rentboys.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.kurir-info.rs/ilija-babalj-pred-marakanom-clanak-250816

Elias signs.

Red Star's coach Robert Prosinecki confirmed to Kurir the transition of young center forward ElijahBabalj from Melbourne's practically finished. Also, Robi said that it is unrealistic that the red-white boost this summer Nenad Milijas , who was the desire of certain people in its management.

New Star's dugajlija Babalj Elijah ( who is 20 years old and is 194 cm tall) comes to Marakana for less than 400,000 euros, with a red and white will sign a four-year contract. How Kurir learned young Babalj, who was born in Sarajevo, Belgrade Red Star will have a role that had a few seasons ago Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Barcelona. Tall and robust striker should strengthen the game, a time to swing and position the red and white has taken on more of space.

- It is important that a guy wants to come to Red Star. As we said yesterday, the administration is left is to carry out formalities. I saw him, I inquired about him and I know it's kind of player we need - said Robert Prosinecki, and then added:

- Others will be slow. The important thing is to remain axle-Tosic Lazovic Evandro-Borja. Government knows what we need. A good midfielder would welcome.

recent weeks, speculation about the return of Nenad Milijaš to Red Star.

- With Milijas the same situation as is Ninkovic. It is not realistic! The same story is Lukovic from Zenit.These players would welcome us, but a lot of cost. Red Star has no money for them - concluded Prosinecki.