Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

And Colosimo wants to sign with the Mongs, but is hoping MH release him and pay out the final year of his contract ($285k).

Colosimo is free to seek a release from his contract any time he wants - as did Heffernan and Beauchamp. If he asks, and we agree, then we do not have to pay out anything.

If he's unhappy at Heart - and he certainly looks it judging by a couple of petulant actions in the last two home games of the season - then let him go. The sooner the better IMO. Reading his history he's never been happy with any club.

Agree with you Warrior - clear them out.

Yes, but he has not formally expressed his interest to leave, so if Heart don't wan't him they will need to pay him out. I'd much rather have him playing reserves for a season, instead of paying him out.

Thought he was a good bloke, what a dog.

To be honest, in regards to clearing out the 'deadwood' other than the ones we know are leaving, there isn't much deadwood at the club, and Colosimo is probably the only one of them who would leave.

IMO:

Staying: Marrone, Hamill, Thompson, Srhoj, Germano, Behich, Good, Babalj, Zahra, Taseski, Kalmar, Dugandzic

Out: Bolton (Retiring), Worm, Maycon, Terra, Ibrahim, Sarkies, Mattei, Goodwin, Roganovic

Only 3 that could be called 'deadwood' are:

Colosimo - if a solid replacement can be found,

Hoffman - got 1 season left, and I hope he can really grasp it! He used to be shite, etc...,

Williams - For me, the biggest disappointment for me this season, I really wanted to see him killing it on the opposite wing to Mate. I love the bloke, but he really needs to pull his finger out. He needs to be loaned out to a vpl club (Hume Please!), put on a strict diet (no more of this shit

), and really pushed in the P/S he has the telnet and could come good + need to grow hair back ;) Edited by LR9

I generally try to stay away from player bashing but as a good mate will attest anything Colosimo related tends to make my blood boil.

Looked to have the world at his feet until that Andy Cole tackle but forever since then he appears to be a very bitter person.

Could be a top bloke and probably is to those that closely know him but imo it would be a god send for the club if he is to move on.

Not confirmed. Anyone who says he is a certainty to retire, even taking into account his previous comments, does not know enough about this club.

Nah mate, Clints finished. Getting into the music industry in one form or another.

• Like 1

Not confirmed. Anyone who says he is a certainty to retire, even taking into account his previous comments, does not know enough about this club.

and anyone who knows the club well would know that the coaches don't know whether bolton will play on the weekends until thursday night because it takes his body a good 5 days to recover from playing the last round. Pretty sure he will not be playing next season.

Edited by heart_fan10

Yes, but he has not formally expressed his interest to leave, so if Heart don't wan't him they will need to pay him out. I'd much rather have him playing reserves for a season, instead of paying him out.

To be honest, in regards to clearing out the 'deadwood' other than the ones we know are leaving, there isn't much deadwood at the club, and Colosimo is probably the only one of them who would leave.

IMO:

Staying: Marrone, Hamill, Thompson, Srhoj, Germano, Behich, Good, Babalj, Zahra, Taseski, Kalmar, Dugandzic

Out: Bolton (Retiring), Worm, Maycon, Terra, Ibrahim, Sarkies, Mattei, Goodwin, Roganovic

Only 3 that could be called 'deadwood' are:

Colosimo - if a solid replacement can be found,

Hoffman - got 1 season left, and I hope he can really grasp it! He used to be shite, etc...,

Williams - For me, the biggest disappointment for me this season, I really wanted to see him killing it on the opposite wing to Mate. I love the bloke, but he really needs to pull his finger out. He needs to be loaned out to a vpl club (Hume Please!), put on a strict diet (no more of this shit

), and really pushed in the P/S he has the telnet and could come good + need to grow hair back ;)

Look, I largely agree with you. I'd probably let Thompson go as well, as IMO his form since Christmas has been terrible. Otherwise I think you've got it about right.

And couldn't agree more on David Williams. It's not good enough to have him lumbering around in the NYL. In fact, the whole squad needs to be pushed hard in the pre-season - last year we played some really poor scratch sides and tried a number of triallists, and some senior players hardly played at all. The season is so short and you really have to hit the ground running and start picking up points early.

While your right in that its not a certainty, I am more than willing to wager you that he will.

Williams - I love the bloke, but he really needs to pull his finger out.

thought the same thing about Colosimo. doesnt deserve our money (since i guess we pay his wages), if this bullshit about his future continues.

Williams is a great guy, had some really decent chats with him.... just needs to work that little bit harder, and maybe a loan, as you said, might be his best option at this point in time.

While your right in that its not a certainty, I am more than willing to wager you that he will.

very true.

as much as i love him, and hope he stays, ill be surprised if he does...

Case closed.

realize how i said backup? :rolleyes:

no need to get on my back, just offer him minimal wage and see what happens.

other than the first game, how important was a back-up keeper?

dont worry about it anyways..... we wont be signing him.

realize how i said backup? :rolleyes:

no need to get on my back, just offer him minimal wage and see what happens.

other than the first game, how important was a back-up keeper?

dont worry about it anyways..... we wont be signing him.

don't think a 30 year old would take minimum wage. Even if he did, he is a bad character to have at the club

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Li%C3%A9dson

No idea on contract situation and obviously highly unlikely seeings his home and no spring chicken but he still puts them away.

Stats suggest his pace, dribbling and header skills are still well intact. Be interesting to see how he would go.

Contracted till July this year - value is 1.8 million Euro

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/liedson/profil/spieler_13952.html

What about Sayed Mohamed Adnan? Only has a one year deal with the roar, would provide a decent defensive boost also offering something from set pieces and would be good if the league changes to 3+1, not sure how much he'd cost.

Edited by Hammerhead

What about Sayed Mohamed Adnan? Only has a one year deal with the roar, would provide a decent defensive boost also offering something from set pieces and would be good if the league changes to 3+1, not sure how much he'd cost.

As much as I'd love that, surely he'll either be re-signed or will move back to Asia.

So what do you chaps think should be our top3 wants on our transfer/recruitment wishlist? Im not saying these will be achieved or come to fruition but what do we need the most and where should be focusing our efforts during the offseason?

1. Experienced, competent CB

2. A genuine out and out Striker/Forward with finishing capabilities.

3. From a bigger picture standpoint. Id like a name. Somebody to draw interest/controversy. A talking point. Somebody to create debate in the football community/media and raise the profile of the club a touch.

• Like 1

So what do you chaps think should be our top3 wants on our transfer/recruitment wishlist? Im not saying these will be achieved or come to fruition but what do we need the most and where should be focusing our efforts during the offseason?

3. From a bigger picture standpoint. Id like a name. Somebody to draw interest/controversy. A talking point. Somebody to create debate in the football community/media and raise the profile of the club a touch.

That would be my exact wishlist.

Maybe also another winger/creative midfield to release the load on Fred, our reliance on him is far too much.

We definitely need a CB with experience and presence, leadership would be good too. We definitely need a Finisher who can score 10-15 goals, maybe more.

I think we can get the big name with our striker. Said it 100 times before someone like a Charisteas would solve both our wishes.

In terms of a centre back, we obviously neeed someone who is experienced and an overall good player, but most importantly we need an organiser at the back. The main reason why Madaschi was so good for us is not just because he is a decent centre back, but more so that he was probably the best player we've ever had at the club in regards to talking to the players around him, giving instructions and guiding the younger players through the game. These young players definitely have the talent, we just need someone who can help bring it out, and Madaschi was the person who did that.

For our striker i strongly believe we should be signing Charisteas. Not only for marketing purposes and getting bigger crowds, but he is a good player and is a very good finisher. Would be a good mentor for Babalj, and could easily see him scoring 10 goals a season which is what we need. He has proven himself at club and international level, and would be less risky than going to south america and hoping to stumble across the next marcos flores or fred.

After those two crucial signings, IMO we MUST sign a quality number 10. Fred is a very good player for us but he is becoming quite injury prone and fragile. I think this has played a major part in seeing him play as a left winger lately, in a similar role as what Broich plays for brisbane. By having him play on the left wing it allows him more space to roam around the ground as he like, and means that he won't necessarily get 'smashed' in the centre of the midfield where there is usually bigger bodies. It would be ideal to have a player like Hernandez in the AM position with the like of Srhoj/Germano/Thompson doing the 'donkey work' behind him and also with the option of being able to play Fred out wide or in the midfield.

These 3 signings would make us a complete team and IMO would be enough to make a serious challenge for the double.

Srhoj frustrates me, seems to take too much time on the ball.

Diaby from the Gunners in on a small wage!

Why is Charisteas the big topic, is he interested in a move?

Your right that Shroj is not particularly fast but he size and strength allows to hold up the ball which is a valuable asset at CM.

In regards to a new CB, I think an experienced guy with a bit of height is really needed as our lack of height down back hurt this year. Its why we had some many problems with sides who played the ball up a bit more like Perth and Wellington.

Does anyone know if the club has shown any actual interest in Charisteas, or is it all just rumours?

Considering he has played for 10 different clubs across 4 countries, I think he would be a chance of coming to Australia if we actually do make an offer.

I wish the club would release something on our transfer targets, sick of everyone being linked to Visitards and Jets.

Yeh I agree, but maybe it's not such a bad thing in a way, when negotiations become public often they fall out, so I don't really mind either way.

Yeh I agree, but maybe it's not such a bad thing in a way, when negotiations become public often they fall out, so I don't really mind either way.

as long as we sign SOMEONE, and not just fluff around too much.

the club needs to be proactive and have a clear idea of the main targets.

I wish the club would release something on our transfer targets, sick of everyone being linked to Visitards and Jets.

Couldn't agree more. Heart HQ doesn't seem to want to fuel speculation but that has the effect of us being under the radar the whole time. Postecoglou is now linked to Victory, Milicic to Western Sydney, other clubs are announcing player releases as their contracts finish, but it seems zilch from Heartlands.

A bit tired of farewell messages and Nostradamus predictions from JvS as well TBH. You didn't want to stay with us John, so really, mate, I'm not interested in what you have to say now.

Perhaps we're all a bit too keen to see something happen...?

Richard Porta would be amazing. As you say wouldn't occupy a VISA spot, get him on a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent deal. Imagine getting him and Charisteas up front? Would that not be too much for most teams to handle?

Also agree with the club not making any noise in the media about targets. No wonder we have small crowds and no interest FFS.

Don't think anyone at the club knows how to generate interest and fanfare, and no guys, having a fucking send off from the steps of Parliament is not what generates interest.

Too much gimmicks. Get serious. I know the club reads this website.