Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

You and Hendo hardly constitutes "We All" ;)

Clearly, you have no idea and probably didn't follow the league prior to our inception. The last time the two were together they won the toilet seat, with all three, the possibilities are endless both on and off the field.

Edited by Hendo

Curtis Good on trial with Newcastle Utd.

I smell a fat transfer fee. Well done, Cuntis Good.

not sure if the "cuntis" part is srs.

Whats he a cunt for? Trialing for a European club. Any player in his position would.

Stupid comment

• Like 1

Play on words, MTP with about 3 meanings. Like the guy a lot. He certainly isn't a cunt.

Tomby, let us hope he has nothing to do with Graham Carr, but instead with Alan Pardew.

Not so sure on what sort of transfer fee he would command, but he is on a 2y/d which means we'd get SOMETHING for him if his trial is successful.

Curtis Good on trial with Newcastle Utd.

I smell a fat transfer fee. Well done, Cuntis Good.

would rather him have the trial and come back and play for us next season to be honest. He'd get a lot of experience and improve as a player from his short time in newcastle and come back next season as one of the best centre backs in the league. Similar to what happened with Marrone, after trialling with high quality players, he came back to be the best right back in the league and earned a socceroo call up.

I'm all for getting big transfer fees from these young players, but i'd rather keep as much of them together so they can bring the club success before they head off to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

Can mods please add a poll for who people prefer between Milicic and Aloisi? It will definitely be one of the two.

Personally I'd prefer Milicic over Aloisi, he seems to me to better choice. And actually has 4 years of experience. He has his FIFA Pro licence too.

It's more a gut feel too, I really think he could be one of the countries great managers. Speaking to him, he knows exactly how he wants to play, and he has his own philosophy which is different to JvS.

Appointing Aloisi may mean we lose Milicic to WS too, and I'd definitely not be keen for that at all.

Hey is actually injured at the moment...

But moving here will definitely prolong his career, 1 seasons worth of games in the championship would equate to 2 seasons worth of A-League games.

He would more or less, play just one game a week and the 6 months of off season would definitely benefit him in recover, etc.

He could play for another 5 seasons with us.

GOALKEEPING recruit Mark Birighitti says Newcastle remains his No.1 choice but admits rivals clubs are already circling amid the uncertainty at the Jets.

Sydney FC and Melbourne Heart are reportedly chasing the signature of the 21-year-old Adelaide keeper, who is with the Reds until their Asian Champions League group stage commitments end next month.

http://www.theherald...spx?storypage=2

Meanwhile, the continued uncertainty surrounding the future of Newcastle Jets could see promising young goalkeeper Mark Birighitti head elsewhere, with Sydney FC and Melbourne Heart likely to lead the chase for his signature. Birighitti had agreed to leave Adelaide United and join the Jets, but is now effectively back on the market. The recent sacking of Liam Reddy for misconduct has opened the door for a possible move to the Sky Blues, who are known to rate him highly.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/ffa-to-shrink-finals-series-in-revamp-20120417-1x5m2.html#ixzz1sLoe11zV

With having signed Redmayne, is he good enough to get a start? Or is Birighitti good enough to start if we did sign him too? Unsure if one is better than the other, only saw Redmayne play against our Youth team.

Gonna miss Bolts though.

Don't think we will get Brighitti, now that we have Redders, I don't think either would be keen on having the other around.

And we can't exactly break Redders contract, or risk losing both...

Best outcome now is to keep Bolton as the other keeper, make Redders fight for his position and have him learnnof the great man.

The coaching job should be decided by tonight

There is a meeting about it currently on now with Milicic and Aloisi both in attendance

Also I dont know if it has been said on this thread or not but Vidosic, Grella & Valeri have all been approached as possible signings for the club next season.

Edited by christian7

Carl Valeri? You're having a laugh chap. No way he'd come home now, could easily secure a Serie B/low end Serie A or Championship contract.

He wouldn't want to leave Europe anyway, as he'd be too far away from his bum buddie Michael Zullo.

Wouldn't want Grella, for obvious reasons.

And, Dario Vidosic would be a great signing, and would slot in perfectly in the centre of midfield next to Fred with The Graceful One or Germano in behind them.

Valeri is currently playing at Sassuolo, was bought from Grosseto for 250,000 so i'm guessing he'd be on no more than 120k a year? We should be able to match that salary tbh. Would definitely have him at heart, he's a solid DM and at a prime age of 27, but would also be handy if he could play as a CB?

Wouldn't take grella, he hasn't been playing regularly enough and would be too much for what he would ask for IMO

Vidosic is a big yes. Should definitely make him our number 1 priority, he'd fit in perfectly.