Melbourne Football

The annual JW1739 and KOH birthday match vs Newy. Jan 6th, 5pm

kingofhearts

26 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Why Joyce signs players then discards them after 5 seconds of action seriously does my head in. 

Is the bloke bipolar?

Fürther supports the theory that the players are signed by CFG and not the coach

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Arm well away from his body. 

I’ll take it. Well you see his arms were in front of his body, the ball would have hit his chest. So can’t see this being deliberate at all, he got caught because the De Leat jumped under the ball.

Edited by Mr MO

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ah ok. Well apparently the yellow was for dissent not the handball. Although could swear the ref had the card out before the blow up

Yeah I’m hearing that too but he had the yellow card out of his pocket before Vargas had any idea what had happened.

Love that Bratten starts scoring goals, we missed that last year with his play.

1 minute ago, fensaddler said:

This ref is giving me the yips. He could do anything at any time. 

Mmm yeah according to the rule book you aren’t to touch or jump against the goalkeeper in the keeper area when challenging for the ball. Even if that ball was called over the line the VAR would had to overturn it as it’s a foul according to the rules of the game. Refresh my memory isn’t this the same referee who did the opening derby, with Bruno/VAR/Penalty?

14 minutes ago, haz said:

Yea but our passing and possession stats!?

We'll see even more possession ball second half. Expect a lot of sideways movement to stretch them and bugger the shit out of them. Goals 'should' avalanche then...

Well it sounds good in theory anyway...