Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

4-1 now with geelong, richmond and gold coast coming up soon, hopefully we make finals and maybe pinch a win with a bit of luck

still have sidebottom,young,macaffer and ben reid to come in

young draft players still haven't been used much or been injured (1st rounders) - de goey, moore, freeman, scharenberg

carlton look set for years at the bottom

So jealous of the Western Bulldogs right now... pretty much my girlfriend's whole family are diehard supporters and are loving it at the moment, and good on them. 

I picked them to finish in the 8 pre-season but they've exceeded my expectations so far, absolutely phenomenal stuff.

Could be a really good 24 hours at Etihad.. potentially one team into the GF and another team going to 5-1..

Would be a massive start to the season with a reasonably cushy fixture up ahead. Hard not to get excited about potential finals footy, although I can see us dropping off as the seasons wears on.

Dons were so fucking lucky yesterday.

Freo are going to stomp us this sat :(

That Subiaco game where we were 7 goals up or something for the whole game then you came back and beat us is still fresh in my memory. But I still can't see us losing a game at home this year, that home crowd is so valuable in those close games. 

Hopefully Pav & Walters are allowed to play. 

• Like 1

That Subiaco game where we were 7 goals up or something for the whole game then you came back and beat us is still fresh in my memory. But I still can't see us losing a game at home this year, that home crowd is so valuable in those close games. 

I just want us to be in the game at half time and I will be pretty happy.

That was like every second game in the Drum Era...

Freo found so many interesting ways to throw away games they were winning at Home under Drum... usually the other team would slow the game down for 5 to 10 minutes and before you knew the Dockers were out at sea.

Edited by cadete

Doesn't matter how shit Geelong are we always beat Richmond... no wonder their fans hate us so much.

You heading to Etihad or MCG Friday night?

Etihad. Trouble and strife is taking the girls to the G ( we got tkts ages ago) son & I are going there via Etihad, celebrating our first grand final qualification

We played on emotion that game due to the drugs saga and got up, would need the saga drama back to have any type of chance!

Will be interesting to see the crowd size at the G, what would it normally get for these two teams, 60k?

Carlton crowds have been way smaller than usual, although that's no real surprise given our shitness

59k vs Essendon and 71k vs Collingwood, both games obviously at the G

Will be interesting to see the crowd size at the G, what would it normally get for these two teams, 60k?

Friday night games are a common complaint with Geelong fans from actual Geelong... a lot dont have the time to make it down in time so I would expect 60 at the maximum.

The form of Collingwood and seeing it's their home game higher 60's would have been expected.

Even with the derby on I still think the game will attract over 60.

The form of Collingwood and seeing it's their home game higher 60's would have been expected.

Even with the derby on I still think the game will attract over 60.

You coming up Friday night?

Even with the derby on I still think the game will attract over 60. You coming up Friday night?

Na unfortunately not. Couldn't convince the Mrs on a potential 2 trips in 2 weeks. So taking the chances on a possible GF. Plus if its Sydney Geelong play and if it's Adelaide it's the Goodwood Handicap at Morphetville. So hoping to make a weekend out of it.

Even with the derby on I still think the game will attract over 60. You coming up Friday night?

Na unfortunately not. Couldn't convince the Mrs on a potential 2 trips in 2 weeks. So taking the chances on a possible GF. Plus if its Sydney Geelong play and if it's Adelaide it's the Goodwood Handicap at Morphetville. So hoping to make a weekend out of it.

You got love those Group Three Races... sorry I mean Group One Races in Adelaide. ;)

• Like 1

fucking furious, may gets 3 weeks for nothing and that sniping cunt hodge only gets 3, hope he does his acl when he gets back

You're telling me.  On top of that 3 of our "professionals" are suspended by the club for going out on the piss.  FFS.  

Those 2 Hawthorn lads were well looked after I reckon.  North should have done the righty by us fans and turned the "match" into a blood bath.

May's incident shouldn't have even been looked at by the mrp, those contests happen 100 times a week but surprise surprise because someone got hurt they threw the book at him. Can't agree that Hodge was lucky, 3 weeks is about right given Yarran copped 3 for dropping Chapman.

what a weekend. smashed last night and coughed up a 55 point lead today. fucking loving life.

at least one of my teams won this weekend.

saints premiers 2015

Awesome mate I was just supporting Saints to help us go 2 games clear on top and even I was out of my seat for those two last goals. 

• Like 1

what a weekend. smashed last night and coughed up a 55 point lead today. fucking loving life.

at least one of my teams won this weekend.

saints premiers 2015

Wanted it more, regardless of our injuries and the slog last week would've been an injustice had we got the 4 points. Well played

• Like 1

Looking forward to see the debut of Alex Pearce tonight, I feel like our next 10 years of success depends on this guy. (We'll have 3 pearces playing tonight)

Two games clear on top if we win tonight  :up:

Edited by hedaik

• hedaik locked this topic