Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Big time top 4 chance in 2014 if we get chappy.

If guys intend to play him for more than 12 games in the regular season then you are in for a bad time. Would still take him with open arms. Showed at stages this year that he's still a qaulity player. Also has plenty of finals experience which we obviously lacked in the second half against Carlton.

My point is if you think about how long Geelong has been a finals player from 2004 to 2013 (With the all important exception of 2006),

Now in that time how many players have Geelong let go that have gone on to do great things elsewhere?

I think Balmey (List Manager), Chris Bradshaw (Club Doctor) and Stephen Wells (The Greatest Modern Recruiter of All Time) have barely made a single bad move in this time so if I was a rival club I would be very worried about Chappy's Hamstrings seeing as they already basicly kept him out for a whole season.

My point is if you think about how long Geelong has been a finals player from 2004 to 2013 (With the all important exception of 2006),

Now in that time how many players have Geelong let go that have gone on to do great things elsewhere?

I think Balmey (List Manager), Chris Bradshaw (Club Doctor) and Stephen Wells (The Greatest Modern Recruiter of All Time) have barely made a single bad move in this time so if I was a rival club I would be very worried about Chappy's Hamstrings seeing as they already basicly kept him out for a whole season.

Very true (witnessed it first hand when Kent Kingsley ventured over to tigerland in 2007 and kicked a grand total of about 3 snags for the year)

But still think chappy would be worth the punt especially cos I wouldn't expect his wage to be too demanding.

Chappy's done mate, unless he's going to be your permanent sub, he's 33 years old, past it.

Surely your club should do the same with Fletcher.

Couldn't agree more, he's a great player but even last season struggled to get up for some games. But he's a club legend so if essendon were to delist him the essendon faithful will burn down windy hill.

I think it's because of the 400game milestone.

They want him to get it no matter what

No room for sentiment in AFL mate, he should've been let go at the end of this season and we should be putting more time into tayte pears as our other back.

We're in the business of winning flags, we're not going to get one any time soon by just playing people to get records. In that case we might as well get Tim watson out of retirement and see if he can get to 350.

ffs, so close to getting Luke McDonald for a 2nd rounder in father son noms today, if not for West Coast nominating him with their 1st pick.

Fuck you Eagles.

Got to feel bad for the kid,

He trained once a week all season long at Arden Street to get a feel for the place and now he has to head across the country to scorching Perth.

No. No, he doesn't.

ffs, so close to getting Luke McDonald for a 2nd rounder in father son noms today, if not for West Coast nominating him with their 1st pick.

Fuck you Eagles.

He trained once a week all season long at Arden Street to get a feel for the place and now he has to head across the country to scorching Perth.

He got picked up by North, West Coast just forced North to use their first round pick to secure him as a father-son.

Fuck you Eagles.

Nah, he's still coming to North. We just had to match their 1st round bid and use our no.8 pick on him.

Burns when Geelong got all those F/S for 4th rounders and we've had to use highest draft pick a club's ever used on F/S before to secure him.

But he's still a gun and porbably a top 3 talent this year, so still worth it at 8.

Going to the Syd Barker tonight and I'm hearing there'll be some major signings announced with a strong Kardinia Baked Potato flavor, will report back when I hear more.

Edited by FB.

Fuck you Eagles.

No. No, he doesn't.

did hoffman score the own goal or not?

Fuck you Eagles.

No. No, he doesn't.

did hoffman score the own goal or not?

Nice one, mate.  :up:

Heath Shaw for pick 2 and Tom Bugg lmoa cheers GWS.

Its going to be a very different Collingwood side in 2014 to those Grand Final sides of 2011-2012,

Bucks better get along with his new group of players otherwise I think PPL will jump to the logical conclusion that like when he was a unpopular player amongst his peers that perhaps the problem is with actually him.

• Like 1

Its going to be a very different Collingwood side in 2014 to those Grand Final sides of 2011-2012,

Bucks better get along with his new group of players otherwise I think PPL will jump to the logical conclusion that like when he was a unpopular player amongst his peers that perhaps the problem is with actually him.

My understanding was the guy was the very definition of intense, was he well liked (as a bloke, rather then as a player) during his playing days?

My understanding was the guy was the very definition of intense, was he well liked (as a bloke, rather then as a player) during his playing days?

He was obviously very respected as a player and a captain but his nickname amongst some of the collingwood players behind his back was "Figjam".

As his attitudes towards how some of his teammates spended their leisure time were considered a bit severe.

Edited by cadete

Heath Shaw wouldn't last 2 minutes at GWS. he loses his shit everytime a Collingwood player would fuck something up, he would have heart attack at GWS with the amount of times they fuck up. Geelong are the front runners to get him atm, they've offered him a 4 year deal.

Might set fire to Westpac centre if we let him go to Geelong.

1. Better he go to GWS as he won't be a threat around the next couple of septembers

2. Better trade deal at GWS (what could Geelong realistically offer us that would be acceptable for heater except trading a player they don't want to)

3. I'm not sure what pick it is but I'm keen for it to draft a forward who can can play the Chris Dawes 2010 role and keep Q stick out of the side

Heath Shaw wouldn't last 2 minutes at GWS. he loses his shit everytime a Collingwood player would fuck something up, he would have heart attack at GWS with the amount of times they fuck up. Geelong are the front runners to get him atm, they've offered him a 4 year deal.

He has pretty much said he'll play anywhere that isn't collingwood but he has to decide on the money (GWS, maybe melbourne) or a few more flag chances.

Fuck you Eagles.

Nah, he's still coming to North. We just had to match their 1st round bid and use our no.8 pick on him.

Burns when Geelong got all those F/S for 4th rounders and we've had to use highest draft pick a club's ever used on F/S before to secure him.

But he's still a gun and porbably a top 3 talent this year, so still worth it at 8.

Going to the Syd Barker tonight and I'm hearing there'll be some major signings announced with a strong Kardinia Baked Potato flavor, will report back when I hear more.

Signed up Melbourne Storm's tackling coach, which was our biggest deficiency this year and a huge get.

Also convinced Cameron Ling to work at the club as leadership mentor and Leigh Tudor as assistant coach (if he doesn't get the senior job at Essendon).

The baked potatoes are coming to Hardon St!

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1