Melbourne Football

Anyone looking for a job????

japiedog

we mortals are not supposed to know what it means !!!!

in a nutshell, create a blockbuster, winning advertising campaign that will attract customers ( read : mug Supprters) that will spend money on a team ( due to the advertising)

me personally, I'm a rusted on supporter

I'd just prefer a few good results

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For all those who just know Ange, JVS & assorted other people don't know as much as them, here is your chance to put your foot forward:

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/about/jobs/bzc5qpvt98s71b7i98mu4wrj4

National Premier League Head Coach (2 positions)
Purpose of role(s):   The role will involve assisting in the preparation of all aspects of the Melbourne City FC National Premier League (NPL) Teams during the Club’s inaugural NPL season, which commences competitive matches in March 2015. This role will involve a significant amount of time both within and outside of business hours. Accordingly only those with flexible work arrangements should apply.
Key relationships: Reports to Director of Football; Head of Academy Coaching

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/about/jobs/bzc5qpvt98s71b7i98mu4wrj4#0WOLfYEjlFJeiCj0.99

Edited by Shahanga

Two Head Coach positions, and the advert says "the Melbourne City FC NPL Teams". Is there something I've missed about the NPL entry?

Also, is this a sign that Palatsides is for the chop, or are City going to treat the NPL team as a different entity from its NPL team, a bit like when Manchester City enters its U-21 team into the UEFA U-19 competition, and therefore has to change half the team around?

Edited by Falastur

Two Head Coach positions, and the advert says "the Melbourne City FC NPL Teams". Is there something I've missed about the NPL entry?

Also, is this a sign that Palatsides is for the chop, or are City going to treat the NPL team as a different entity from its NPL team, a bit like when Manchester City enters its U-21 team into the UEFA U-19 competition, and therefore has to change half the team around?

Id be suprised if Palatsides was chopped given the position of the nyl team...Although the real purpose of the NYL team is to develop players.

I think you've confused NPL with NYL.

As Dylan mentioned Palatsides is the NYL coach (nation-wide youth league) and as Jimmy pointed out there will be a seniors NPL coach and a junior NPL coach (state-wide league). It's similar to how the NYL team is the junior team to the A-League (senior) team.

In the NPL comp the juniors play two hours prior to the seniors on the same day at the same venue against the same opposition.

There's another position as well:

National Premier League Sports Science Coordinator

Purpose of role:   The role will involve being responsible for all aspects of the physical performance of the Melbourne City FC NPL Teams during the clubs inaugural NPL season which commences competitive matches in March 2015. This role will involve a significant amount of time both within and outside of business hours. Accordingly only those with flexible work arrangements should apply.

Key relationships: Reports to Director of Football; Head of Academy Coaching; Head of Sports Science

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/about/jobs/bzc5qpvt98s71b7i98mu4wrj4#kV0i2sX2pgkEbMHH.99

Who are the "Director of Football", the "Head of Academy Coaching" and the "Head of Sports Science" at the moment?

I think you've confused NPL with NYL.

As Dylan mentioned Palatsides is the NYL coach (nation-wide youth league) and as Jimmy pointed out there will be a seniors NPL coach and a junior NPL coach (state-wide league). It's similar to how the NYL team is the junior team to the A-League (senior) team.

In the NPL comp the juniors play two hours prior to the seniors on the same day at the same venue against the same opposition.

Ahh, right. Yeah, I didn't pick up on any of this. First of all, I thought that the NPL team would just be the NYL team playing on a different day against a different team, rather like how in the UK, the U-21 teams play in a variety of competitions under different authorities, sometimes acting as a reserve team in local cups, sometimes acting as a youth team, etc etc. Secondly, I had no idea the NPL had a youth section that was linked to the senior. Thanks for clueing me in.

TBH I would have thought Joe would have headed up the NYL team's campaign in the NPL.

I can only assume this is not possible due to his scouting commitments for the next NYL season.

Maybe CFG rate him to take over from JVS at season's end.

Interestingly Avondale FC played FC Bendigo in a friendly on Wednesday night. I was told that Paddy K was coaching Avondale, could be a sign that he is to be moved on at season's end he is set to retire and go into coaching. That is of course if it was actually him.

• 2 weeks later...