Melbourne Football

RD 4 City V Adelaide 7:30pm Friday 31st October.

Dylan

I would like to see Archibald, Mauk and Garuccio start.

The side needs freshening up

Velaphi

Hoffman, Archibald, Kisnorbo, Garuccio

Murdocca,

Mauk, Mooy

Duff, Villa , Ramsey

I would play Ramsey because he has pace and is left footed. May just give the balance that is required.

From what I have seen of Paartalu he is struggling with the pace of the game. So I would start him on the bench.

Does anyone know if any of Matt Shirvington, Patrick Johnson or Kyle Van Der Kuyp are left footed?

• Like 6

Can't see us getting out of this game with anything more than a point (at best).

Tbh, I reckon Adelaide, Tards and Sydney will be the top 3 come end of the season, we haven't had the easiest start to the season. Just makes the draw against Newcastle all the more embarassing, especially after seeing them get dismantled last week.

Melbourne City FC v Adelaide United

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:40 PM (Local) (7:40 PM AEDT)

Referee: Chris Beath

Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 1HD & 1 from 7.00pm (AEDT) and on Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)

Melbourne City FC squad:  1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 9.David VILLA, 11.Damien DUFF, 13.Jonatan GERMANO, 14.James BROWN, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 27.Ross ARCHIBALD

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 13.Jonatan GERMANO (promoted), 15.David WILLIAMS (returns from injury), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (promoted)

Outs: 25.Jacob MELLING (omitted)

Unavailable: 10.Robert KOREN (calf – 3-5 weeks)

Starting 11:

Redmayne

Hoffman    -    Wieleart    -    Kisnorbo    -    Ramsay

The Paart

Moooooy        -        Murdocca

Up the Duff         -         David Villa  

Dugandzic

Ending 11:

Redmayne

Hoffman    -    Wieleart    -    Kisnorbo    -    Garuccio

The Paart

Moooooy        -        Germano

Up the Duff            -            David Villa  

Williams

Unfortunately, we're only allowed 3 subs and knowing JvS he'll probably start with the same team as last week so this is probably the best case scenario...

does anyone else always have a really tough time loading the ffa websites? takes for ever for me, whether I'm on mobile or desktop.

If Williams, Garuccio and Germano are all fit enough to play and make the match-day squad, it'll be interesting to see who gets dropped.

This is the starting XI I'm tipping:

Villa              Williams                Duff                      

Mooy Murdocca

Paartalu

Garuccio      Kisnorbo      Wielaert     Hoffman

Redmayne

Bench

Velaphi

Archibald

Germano

Brown/Ramsay

Dugandzic

Omitted

Retre

Brown or Ramsay

I'm expecting to see Ramsay dropped. Garuccio was clearly JVS' preferred LB last season, and after playing most of the NYL game last weekend, and having a good week's training, I'm fairly confident that Garuccio will get the nod to start.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Germano start over Hoffman, but I don't think 2 defenders who recently recovered from injury will be so quickly brought into the team at once.

Williams to replace Dugandzic because the team needs a no 9 who's more of a goal threat and a classic striker. There is though a concern that Williams will be a little underdone, like he was when he played against Newcastle in round 2 after also overcoming an injury. 

I reckon Mauk is being made to earn his spot in the team, since he only came back from the Young Socceroos a fortnight ago. Also, I think JVS might be erring of the side of experience over youth overall with this game, in the hope that more proven players will more likely bring about immediate results (for instance, it was good to see Melling get a run last game, and I'm sure it'll be good for his development, but he looked pretty raw and was fairly responsible for Victory's 5th goal after he played a pass that was too short).

I'd like to see 3 things in this game: 1) the whole team play at a good standard (such as the standard the team's shown across all 1st halves) for longer 2) some better, more goal-threatening form from a few more attacking players besides Villa (it would be massively useful of Williams could reprise some of last season's form) and 3) no more really cheap defensive mistakes (although I think a little tinkering with the personnel with be necessary to really cut down the number of mistakes).

does anyone else always have a really tough time loading the ffa websites? takes for ever for me, whether I'm on mobile or desktop.

Yeah it's a pretty bad and slow website, and the videos don't play very well. I'd rather post Youtube videos, but the club has been very slow recently to upload videos on Youtube (for example, Kisnorbo's press conference reflecting on the round 1 1-1 draw against Sydney was just uploaded yesterday).

• Like 1