Melbourne Football

MVFC v MCFC - The Derby! R3

Baka1

Positives:

The first half was fairly even, neither team could defend and neither team had control of the game. The second goal we conceded was poor.

Negatives:

Iain Ramsay was worse than terrible. I don't want to see him play for us again. His lack of defensive positioning and technique was further exposed by Villa not tracking back.

The second half was disgraceful. If it were boxing the ref would have imposed the mercy rule but as it wasn't boxing we were very lucky to only concede 5 goals.

It's hard to know where to start but there was no desire, no intensity, little effort from the players who were still in the dressing room when Berisha took matters into his own hands and walked the ball into the goal in the first mount. 

There was no reply, the team crumbled again. The Visitors created an extra man in every line with their movement, most of the second half was played in our defensive half. Villa was a passenger and had no service at all but the whole team from Redmayne forward should hang their heads in shame.

The saddest thing is that this team does not have the character to bounce back from a loss like this

Because for whatever reason JVS lacks the right intensity/attitude/fire in his belly/intelligence or whatever it is to motivate the team properly. Coaching is 1/4 magic and I don't think JVS has it. 

I want to post my feeling about tonight's game, but I'm just too deflated. I'll say one thing though...FUCKEN JvS YOU DUMB US, STOP PLAYING RAMSAY OR FUCK OFF!!

It really makes me wonder, Are we ever going to be dominant? Are we ever going to be feared? Coz at the moment we're a laughing stock!

The fact it was Aloisi's idea to play him as a defender and JVS didn't immediately see how shit he is in that position says all you need to know Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

Well I think we're all pretty angry. But I'm quite a few beers in and very very angry. Let's do this.

Redmayne - Not good enough. Simple as that.

Hoffman - Not too bad, except for the 5th goal which was disgraceful. Took his goal very well.

Weilaert - Just about our best tonight. Scored a peach, actually showed some leadership, blasted Ramsey and a few other cunts for being weak.

Kisnorbo - No captain should ever laugh off a derby loss after the game on national tv. Ever. Ever ever.

Ramsay - Should NEVER play for us again. 100% serious. Not good enough for this team, and that's saying a lot.

Paartalu - Hardly noticed him tonight. Did alright 1st half, but then vanished.

Mooy - Ripper 1st half, 2 assists, vanished 2nd half.

Murdocca - Not creative enough. As always huge effoet and run, but not enough on the ball.

Dugandzic - Shithouse as always. Should be dropped permanently.

Duff - Creative and amazing 1st half. 2nd half tried to do it all himself and lost the ball a lot.

Villa - Never thought I'd say this, but I will be happy to see him leave. No effort. Scored two goals in two weeks, but is not helping this team in the long term, and is a massive bust.

Subs - Not even deserving of individual summaries, all terrible.

JVS - Not good enough. Should be out.

Disgusted. Fuck this club shits me. So glad CFG have taken over and completely made us the best team in Asia! 0 wins from three games is fucking piss poor. Bunch off fucking cunts need to actually try. Fuck the lot of them. Victory are all cunts. Fuck off City.

• Like 1

Once the game starts it has nothing to do with the coach, the players have to show the desire. There was none.

You've argued this point for over four seasons now. Sure if one or two players are not showing desire then deal with them... but if nearly the whole team is out of sorts then blaming the players is a cop out. Something is broken with the way they are being coached and motivated. 

• Like 1

Once the game starts it has nothing to do with the coach, the players have to show the desire. There was none.

You've argued this point for over four seasons now. Sure if one or two players are not showing desire then deal with them... but if nearly the whole team is out of sorts then blaming the players is a cop out. Something is broken with the way they are being coached and motivated. 

These are professional footballers, do they need to be motivated by the coaching staff to win a game, especially a derby? A dependant group always looks for leaders or scapegoats or fragments into sub groups. A functional group accepts responsibility to lead as a group. The group dynamics need to be addressed in this team. The coach of course has a role in this but he isn't the messiah who can make the players do things on the pitch - that in itself is dependant group thinking. How the players respond in the next 24 hours will determine the season.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Shattered.

Why or why do we think we can make a team from other club's rejects?  Ramsay, Murdocca, Retre, Brown, Melling are simply not good enough.

Villa: just leave on Monday mate.  We know you can't CBF'ed.  No this aint the ECL final, or The Classico, but its as big as it gets for us.

WTF is is with the shiitiest goals we concede? Two either side of half time.  Thats a mental thing.  Each half you play as if for 50 minutes, or thats what you get.

And JVS-fuck your tan, fuck your Total Football.  Just fuck off.

• Like 1

Captain should be kicking chairs and fuming after this performance.

Show some determinations and fucken disappointment where it's due.

Wipe that fucked up smile off your face follow barisha into the tunnel and break something!

Fucked up attitude!!

If any person in the world has ever deserved Ebola it is Besart Berisha. Dead set cunt.

Firstly Gypsy's are immune to Ebola and other forms of deadly bacterial diseases due to them being a large form of bacteria themselves... and secondly Id much prefer that cunt of man Archie Thompson to get it... (so would his wife  punching bag, hehe).

Going to sleep on it before i give my proper rant/summary, but ill leave by saying one thing, are you people that surprised we got fucking thumped? We have sooooooo many SHIT players and we will continue to be FUCKING SHIT until we get rid of every single one them. What a fucking disgrace the CFG and staff are for not choosing to bolster our defencive stocks. Any football supporter was able to identify that, that was our biggest problem area, yet we chose to ignore it. Fucking abysmal, shambles, disugusting, FUCKING USELESS.

These are professional footballers, do they need to be motivated by the coaching staff to win a game?

They may not need motivation to win games but to improve themselves- whether it's gaining more fitness or shooting ability or improving their diet. Not everyone is Besert Barisha when it comes to motivation levels (people love to hate him but the guy oozes passion). They may be professional footballers but that doesn't stop them being human. After a loss like this they should be feeling devasted and need building up. And if they don't feel devasted (if we win we win, if we lose we lose) then they should be made to realise that their attitude is pathetic. 

edit" You've aded to your post since I wrote the above. I don't think we really disagree too much- I just think that the role the manager plays is far more important in forming the team psyche than you seem to. 

Edited by Alexxxandro
  • Like 1

I'm fucken serious when I say this... Are we able to terminate player contract? and will it effect the salary cap if we do?

Hoffman and Ramsay need to go..

I'm expecting massive changes to the starting 11 against Adelaide.. Germano needs to play and if he can't then his another one that needs to go. Villa to start on the bench and Paartalu as well. Redmayne to play in the youth team for a few months to send a message to playing group.

CFG need to come out strong and let everyone in the football department at Melbourne City know that this is unacceptable and will not be tolerated, a repeat performance and heads will roll...

These are professional footballers, do they need to be motivated by the coaching staff to win a game?

They may not need motivation to win games but to improve themselves- whether it's gaining more fitness or shooting ability or improving their diet. Not everyone is Besert Barisha when it comes to motivation levels (people love to hate him but the guy oozes passion). They may be professional footballers but that doesn't stop them being human. After a loss like this they should be feeling devasted and need building up. And if they don't feel devasted (if we win we win, if we lose we lose) then they should be made to realise that their attitude is pathetic. 

Agree 100%

These are professional footballers, do they need to be motivated by the coaching staff to win a game, especially a derby? A dependant group always looks for leaders or scapegoats or fragments into sub groups. A functional group accepts responsibility to lead as a group. The group dynamics need to be addressed in this team. The coach of course has a role in this but he isn't the messiah who can make the players do things on the pitch - that in itself is dependant group thinking. How the players respond in the next 24 hours will determine the season.

Serious question then. What happens to motivation/confidence when the group on the pitch  can see that the opposition is exploiting weaknesses in the team that can't be fixed on the night? Like Kosta basically having a picnic at the expense of Ramsay - for example.

Please don't swear at our club. Swear at the players, coaches, owners, etc. But don't say stuf like Fuck off city.

Personnel wise we are crap in a few positiond and I wonder what it will take for JVS to be sacked.

Even if JVS was sacked tomorrow we'd be just as crap in exactly the same positions and have the same weak links.

• Like 2

Please don't swear at our club. Swear at the players, coaches, owners, etc. But don't say stuf like Fuck off city.

Personnel wise we are crap in a few positiond and I wonder what it will take for JVS to be sacked.

Even if JVS was sacked tomorrow we'd be just as crap in exactly the same positions and have the same weak links.

But it's JVS that saw these weak links when he took over last season and didn't say "that needs fixing"

I'm fucken serious when I say this... Are we able to terminate player contract? and will it effect the salary cap if we do?

Hoffman and Ramsay need to go..

I'm expecting massive changes to the starting 11 against Adelaide.. Germano needs to play and if he can't then his another one that needs to go. Villa to start on the bench and Paartalu as well. Redmayne to play in the youth team for a few months to send a message to playing group.

CFG need to come out strong and let everyone in the football department at Melbourne City know that this is unacceptable and will not be tolerated, a repeat performance and heads will roll...

On the money with all but Hoffman there. He is shit but he was far from the worst tonight.

Now that was embarrassing.

The lack of effort from Villa was enough to feel frustrated about, let alone the score line.

Get a new left back NOW... Ramsey is terrible, and was at fault for 90% of their goals and chances tonight. He left his player out there to have a picnic and a few wines and still had enough time to work his magic with no issue.

Mooy was the only player tonight that had any creativity.

JVS needs to get his act together as this is his side. He signed a team full of the same type of player (ie. midfielders) and next to no support at the back. Not good enough.

First half looked better, but it's a 90 minute game. If he crumble like that each week lets just forget expecting out club to grow. This result alone is enough for many to already question why they bothered signing up to go through the same thing again.

Vent over.

• Like 1

But it's JVS that saw these weak links when he took over last season and didn't say "that needs fixing"

Agree, but so much needed fixing after the Sidwell/Aloisi era what do you do? Do you replace half the duds with good quality players and accept that the squad will still have some very significant weaknesses or do you replace everyone with small incremental improvements? In a salary capped league those are the choices, JVS has gone one way, probably the way that I'd prefer but this season it gives us a very uneven team and that's why I tipped a 6th place finish for us.

• Like 1

Agree with your comments ...

The signs were there in preseason, I remember the FFA cup game against Sydney FC. At the end of the game I said, if we are going to play this style of high press and high intensity then we need to be leading at half time in all our matches, because even the best teams in the world who play this type of style (Real Madrid, Chile, Byern) can only really do it for a max of 70-75 min ...

We do it for 60min and then were fucked.. Tonight we did it for 50mins that's why Victory completely dominated in the 2nd half..

Apart from not having a striker, shit LB and RB, the team is not fit enough to play the style.. That's what this result shows me.

Some of these guys have contracts that run for this season.

Unlike the Visitors' Allsop, none of these C*nts will terminate by "mutual" consent.