Melbourne Football

SFC VS MCFC - Round 1

Ruckoo

My guess is Koren and Willo aren't fully fit (Willo hasn't played for over a month), and they decided to be careful with Villa and to use him as a sub. I reckon his first debut start will be at home next week.

Disappointing absences. Nonetheless, this defence and midfield went well against Perth, so hopefully it can do a good enough job until Villa is subbed on, probably in the 2nd half. If the team keeps it equal until Villa comes on, I believe we'll leave Sydney with at least a point.

Edited by Murfy1

Fucks Sports saying he will play ~50mins.

50 minutes would be sweet, he just ran out. I was standing near the tunnel, magical moment as a Barca fan

Makes sense to me. Bring him on just before half time. Get all the hoo-haa over and done with, then comes out in the second half as just another player. HA!

Fucks Sports saying he will play ~50mins.

50 minutes would be sweet, he just ran out. I was standing near the tunnel, magical moment as a Barca fan

Makes sense to me. Bring him on just before half time. Get all the hoo-haa over and done with, then comes out in the second half as just another player. HA!

Yeah and that's plenty of time to create something

Shame about Koren picking up an injury

I guess it's better to play safe than risk him getting a more serious injury

Also it will be good for Villa to have a look at the game before he comes on. Will give him an idea what to expect

Hoping for a good result today

Come On Melbourne!!!

Anybody have a reliable stream link for the match??

Only a British one, but you can try http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/bt-sport-1-live-stream

Please note they aren't going to start the coverage until just before kick-off though.

You may have to click to get rid of the ads before you can see the stream. I've got adblock on though so all I see is black boxes I have to get rid of.

Edited by Falastur

My guess is Koren and Willo aren't fully fit (Willo hasn't played for over a month), and they decided to be careful with Villa and to use him as a sub. I reckon his first debut start will be at home next week.

Disappointing absences. Nonetheless, this defence and midfield went well against Perth, so hopefully it can do a good enough job until Villa is subbed on, probably in the 2nd half. If the team keeps it equal until Villa comes on, I believe we'll leave Sydney with at least a point.

I hope you're right Murf. I have this awful feeling of deja vu  - just don't understand how we have so many players unavailable through injury. I've said all along that a point would be a good result here, so let's hope we can dig deep and do just that.