Melbourne Football

Melburnians Scarf

Jimmy

A good thing to remember when designing scarfs that the scarf will have a rough scale of width:length of 1:10. So if it's 15cm wide it'll be 1.5m long.

FWIW, last year's ones were 1600x160, not including tassles.

(Going by my files... Correct me if I'm wrong, Malloy.)

Cant recall tbh. I did give you the dimensions when you designed it so I am certain you would be correct

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o7iujp.jpg

o7iujp.jpg

perfect  :clap:  :clap:

o7iujp.jpg

So sexy

o7iujp.jpg

I propose that this one is made in Lambswool in honour of LR9 labelling all MHFC fans that decided to become MCFC fans: Sheep. 

o7iujp.jpg

I propose that this one is made in Lambswool in honour of LR9 labelling all MHFC fans that decided to become MCFC fans: Sheep. Hear, hear!

But seriously this is the winner

well done son, well done! :D:up::clap:

Most the feedback we've received is that people still want Red & White to be the primary colours of the terrace, and to be fair I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be.

If you layout the badge and the two kits in front of you there's more Red & White than there is sky blue, so i don't see an issue. Regardless, the colours used in the terrace will be the colours our fans identify with and embrace the most, not what the club's kit dictates to us. If Sky Blue becomes the colour that the fans identify with most then the terrace will evolve to show it naturally.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 5

Just curious is the scarf design now confirmed, if so any idea on costs?

Yarraside sold their's for $40 a pop. We're using the same manufacturer. It'll be around the same, MAYBE a little bit cheaper.

Nothing is near set in stone however. 

Yarraside sold their's for $40 a pop. We're using the same manufacturer. It'll be around the same, MAYBE a little bit cheaper.

Hopefully @Jimmy it will be soon enough.....FFA Cup isnt far off and I know you and leadership have got your work cut out over the next few weeks, let me know if you need a hand on anything! :)

• Like 1

Thanks Jimmy, really appreciate the hard work put in by you and the rest of the core. Look forward to hopefully catching up with some of you when the season starts at the terrace or at the imp. My shout for a beer or two

If we go by the melburnians badge there's more blue than red and there's more white than red. As good as this scarf looks it's not really a close reflection on the colours of the supporter group. Or the club for that matter. I'd make the red part white, keep the blue and make the white stripe red. Or visa versa.

If we go by the melburnians badge there's more blue than red and there's more white than red. As good as this scarf looks it's not really a close reflection on the colours of the supporter group. Or the club for that matter. I'd make the red part white, keep the blue and make the white stripe red. Or visa versa.

Kill me now!
  • Like 1

Kill me now!

:up:

• Like 1

I think remove the charcoal lines for the front, I will paste a mspaint job.

Also, some options for reverse side, i think the striped reverse side looks really bad, sorry mate.

nUNUWlb.png

For the reverse side, there's also my sweet effort at getting sheep, cow, whale, ship in there somewhere :)

Clau2lT.png

• Like 1

o7iujp.jpg

Do we need a poll on this one? Is it worth wasting everyones time??

I Love it!!!

Do we need to put something on the back though?

Either way i think this looks shmick.

I think this is the one, I don't think it really matters either that it is majority red, if it was green/gold/purple/yellow so on so forth dominated scarf then supporters would look stupid but considering our club colours are red, sky blue and white then i guess we get to chose what colour we would like to wear more or so to speak.

The scarf is for the terrace is it not?! Leave official club names/acros to their own merch... saves for potential legal issues. Other than that I hope we can get this churned out ASAP... It aint gettin any warmer out there!

The scarf is for the terrace is it not?! Leave official club names/acros to their own merch... saves for potential legal issues. Other than that I hope we can get this churned out ASAP... It aint gettin any warmer out there!

It is funny the more I think about it, we play in the middle of summer where we constantly get games that are played in 30 degree plus weather yet we are debating and demanding for a scarf lol

• Like 1

It is funny the more I think about it, we play in the middle of summer where we constantly get games that are played in 30 degree plus weather yet we are debating and demanding for a scarf lol

So what your saying is we need to have melburnian singlets, thongs, hats and stubby holders?

So what your saying is we need to have melburnian singlets, thongs, hats and stubby holders?

melbourne_flag_102_flip_flops.jpg?height

• Like 3

Don't forget the beach towels!