Melbourne Football

Melburnians Scarf

Jimmy

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, simple is better.
If you're going to use that design, please make it a bit cleaner.
Make the Melburnians text smaller... Same font width as the Heart of the City bit.
And make the logos smaller... It would look a bit messy on the real scarf.

FWIW, simple is better.

Make the Melburnians text smaller... Same font width as the Heart of the City bit.

I reckon making the heart of the city to reach from the left logo to right will be better suited and I reckon the size of the logos are not too bad hope it wins out I really like this design

FWIW, simple is better.

These are all just ideas I put together. The final design needs to be completed by the company who make the scarves.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't.

FWIW, simple is better.

These are all just ideas I put together. The final design needs to be completed by the company who make the scarves.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't.

That's not how it works.

When you bring a document to Officeworks to print, do they give advice on the layout? No.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No.

Edited by Baresi
  • Like 2

FWIW, simple is better.

That's not how it works.

When you bring a document to Officeworks to print, do they give advice on the layout? No.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No.

This. The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

Also Baresi is the one who designed the last YS scarf. He does know what he is talking about.

FWIW, simple is better.

That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No. Are we printing a document at officeworks? No!!

Generally when you are making items such as scarves, you take a design to the company and the then re-create it on their software. If they don't believe the design will transfer correctly, they will let you know and make changes.

Producing scarves and printing pictures at officeworks or Harvey Norman can not be compared.

If you aren't happy with the design, you are more than welcome to submit your own. These are my mock ups and in no way am I the person who would make the final decision on what design is going to be used. I simply put them up here as ideas.

Edited by Themi10

FWIW, simple is better.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't. That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No. Are we printing a document at officeworks? No!!

Generally when you are making items such as scarves, you take a design to the company and the then re-create it on their software. If they don't believe the design will transfer correctly, they will let you know and make changes.

Producing scarves and printing pictures at officeworks or Harvey Norman can not be compared.

If you aren't happy with the design, you are more than welcome to submit your own. These are my mock ups and in no way am I the person who would make the final decision on what design is going to be used. I simply put them up here as ideas.

Have you done this before?

Read Malloy's post.

• Like 3

FWIW, simple is better.

That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No. This. The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

Also Baresi is the one who designed the last YS scarf. He does know what he is talking about.

None of the images I have put up are final designs, they are ideas.

Whoever is taking care of the final designs and placing the order can worry about that.

FWIW, simple is better.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't. That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No. This. The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

None of the images I have put up are final designs, they are ideas.

Whoever is taking care of the final designs and placing the order can worry about that.

That's all well and good.

I wasn't ordering you to make changes, I was suggesting improvements to the designs, that from experience, I know will make them better after production.

Ordinarily I would have just made the changes myself, but they are not my designs so I didn't alter them.

FWIW, simple is better.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't.That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No.Are we printing a document at officeworks? No!!

Have you done this before?

Read Malloy's post.

I have had a few items made.

No I haven't had scarves made but generally depending on which company you use, they would include a design (supply them a template and they then re-create).

Anyway I'm not on here to argue. They are my mock ups. If the people deciding like them, they can use it. If not then they can go with another design.

Not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

FWIW, simple is better.

Whoever is placing the order will need to approve that design. I'm sure the people making them will know exactly what will look good and what won't.That's not how it works.

Or when you bring photos to Harvey Norman to print, do they edit the photos for you? No.This. The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

Also Baresi is the one who designed the last YS scarf. He does know what he is talking about. None of the images I have put up are final designs, they are ideas.

That's all well and good.

I wasn't ordering you to make changes, I was suggesting improvements to the designs, that from experience, I know will make them better after production.

Ordinarily I would have just made the changes myself, but they are not my designs so I didn't alter them.

Look if they do choose this and need me to amend it, I can.

I never said you were ordering me to make changes. I figured that the company being used would also re-design the scarf.

The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

I figured that the company being used would also re-design the scarf.

Printing companies or scarf manufactures or w/e generally can't design for shit, they may offer a design service as an upsell but a lot of the time it will be shit.

If you want a good result, give them a finished design like Baresi says.

Edited by Tesla

The manufacturer will take your design and make it. Though some will offer a service of designing it for an extra fee.

I figured that the company being used would also re-design the scarf.

Printing companies or scarf manufactures or w/e generally can't design for shit, they may offer a design service as an upsell but a lot of the time it will be shit.

If you want a good result, give them a finished design like Baresi says.

Look I don't know who the group are using or what they offer. As I mentioned earlier these are just mock ups I have put together. I have nothing to do with ordering or making final decisions on the design.

I am happy to help if needed.

Please not a predominantly white scarve!

Don't like them to begin with and the official generic club ones will most likely by white won't they.

So what colour should it be? Besides, It shouldn't matter what the club does

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city!

Or instead, We Are Melbourne

• Like 1

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city!

Yep like it as well, especially if majority want to get away from clubs slogan 

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

The major problem with it in my opinion is that it's all red. We arnt red anymore (Infact we were red and white to begin with). If the writing was white then it might work as the black writing doesn't look right either

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city! Or instead, We Are Melbourne

The major problem with it in my opinion is that it's all red. We arnt red anymore (Infact we were red and white to begin with). If the writing was white then it might work as the black writing doesn't look right either

from memory Yarraside scarfs didn't have any white either, but I could be wrong

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city!Or instead, We Are Melbourne Yep like it as well, especially if majority want to get away from clubs slogan The major problem with it in my opinion is that it's all red. We arnt red anymore (Infact we were red and white to begin with). If the writing was white then it might work as the black writing doesn't look right either

Might want to check last seasons one

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city! Or instead, We Are Melbourne Yep like it as well, especially if majority want to get away from clubs slogan The major problem with it in my opinion is that it's all red. We arnt red anymore (Infact we were red and white to begin with). If the writing was white then it might work as the black writing doesn't look right either

Might want to check last seasons one

There was more than one? lol

There you go.

ScarfCity.jpg

This is my vote, love it, has done a good job, will love to hold up "heart of the city" to the tards through the derby and let them know it is our city! Or instead, We Are Melbourne

1455174_662071550499819_1058533176_n.jpg