Melbourne Football

Melbourne's New Manager (Aloisi Confirmed Pg 30)

Jimmy

Via the Hun this morning:

NEW HEART COACH

Melbourne Heart’s coaching appointment is imminent and you can toss a coin between Ante Milicic and John Aloisi.

Both were interviewed last week and the board is currently deliberating.

Milicic has more experience and seems the logical choice, but there is strong mail that Aloisi may pip him at the post. Both are already contracted next season.

Milicic is also in west Sydney’s sights, having played for Sydney United, Sydney Olympic and Parramatta Power.

And John van’t Schip has already found a gig for next season, with yesterday’s announcement that he’ll join Mexican giants Guadalajara Chivas.

JVS’s friend and mentor, Dutch great Johan Cruyff, was advising the Mexicans during the process.

May I ask why is it these are the only two being interviewed?

Warrior, not sure that you can infer that from what is written. Doesn't actually say that no-one else has been interviewed or that the Board is deliberating on just those two.

AFAIK, Aloisi does not yet have the qualifications to meet the FFA's requirements to be an A-League senior coach, but MIlicic does.

what the hell is our club doing to make some news?

From Day One it seems that we have preferred to go under the radar. It was probably OK whilst we were new on the scene and the 'heart' puns were being given a good airing, but IMO the honeymoon period is over and we need to do something to counter the Victory momentum.

I don't expect a weekly e-mail from the club now that our season has ended, but I would have thought that the club could keep in touch with its members during the off-season and let us know what is going on.

Warrior, not sure that you can infer that from what is written. Doesn't actually say that no-one else has been interviewed or that the Board is deliberating on just those two.

AFAIK, Aloisi does not yet have the qualifications to meet the FFA's requirements to be an A-League senior coach, but MIlicic does.

Well who are the other candidates? All I am hearing is it is out of these two? Why only these two? Have we really done the best thing for the good of the club by not expanding and looking beyond these two and if so, why no news about the process for our fans and members and in general to create some sort of news.

We are so bad at creating publicity and we wonder why we have 4/5ths of f**kall support.

If this article is anything to go by it may be down to just the two.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1102679/Postecoglou%27s-Roar-departure-is-imminent

]

Melbourne Heart will name either John Aloisi or Ante Milicic as the Dutchman's successor within the next fortnight.

Both assistants to Van't Schip have impressed during their tenures at Heart with a club spokesman confirming the ex-Socceroos strikers are the only remaining candidates after an exhaustive interview process.

Heart has already shed seven players from its playing roster but has put any further movements on hold until a coach is in place.

i'm guessing they'll announce it after victory announce ange

we didn't sign a big name coach this time, so we must sign some big name players to get people talking about us as title contenders for next season IMO

Why?

Look how well that worked for Adelaide, Sydney, Victory...

Perhaps because we need to bring people through the door?

For better or worse, I get the feeling the general sporting public in Melbourne don't give a fuck about 'promotion from within', but rather a big name signing will probably increase crowd figures.

It's a bit of a cynical view, but there you go.

Perhaps because we need to bring people through the door?

For better or worse, I get the feeling the general sporting public in Melbourne don't give a fuck about 'promotion from within', but rather a big name signing will probably increase crowd figures.

It's a bit of a cynical view, but there you go.

It's all about balance.

Let's get Marco B ffs!

Why?

Look how well that worked for Adelaide, Sydney, Victory...

because like Ando said, we need to get people through the gates. There's obviously no use bringing in big players who aren't going to fit in with our team or the way we play, but there's definitely big name players out there who can fit in with the team and make us contenders.

'Fans' will only come to so many games on the back of a big signing (see Kewell, Emerton).

The key is for sustained success, with imports who contribut more then just a name, the same goes for the manage. (see Postacouglu, Adnan, Broich, Berisha).

Actually not a bad idea.

If the club wanted to go down that comercial route (which would be a very good idea in our current state), it would be better off with just a 3 game stint.

It's all about supply and demand, so 3 games is a good number. Offer him 60% of all takings over 10,000, a cut of all 'Becks' shirts, a cut of 'limited edition' 'Becks' merch, etc.

Due to the MLS season it would have to be done in Jan. If they could work out with the ffa to get him in for 3 home games in 9 days in early January (on a Friday, Wednesday, Sunday in the same week). It would be best for all parties.

Then also package it into a 5/7 game memberships and it would allow for a 'knock on effect' for the rest of the school hols and flow into the end of the season.

• Like 1

i'm guessing they'll announce it after victory announce ange

we didn't sign a big name coach this time, so we must sign some big name players to get people talking about us as title contenders for next season IMO

Perhaps it will be announced at the Awards Night on 26th April? That way it will at least get some minor media coverage. Otherwise it will be lost in the hysteria over the MV/Postecoglou appointment...

My money's on Milicic now. If he's passed over in favour of Aloisi then it's a slap in the face and he won't stick around.

• Like 1

If we had Becks on a guest stint the stadium would be sold out every game. Real tawk.

But thats why pretty much every professional club in the world would want to sign Becks, except for the top tier European clubs, so it would be difficult to say the least.

This is only my opinion but if the club sign aloisi as coach I think that would create a lot of interest, many non soccer supporters all know of aloisi scoring the penalty to get us into the world cup, so it could create some interest. Sort of similar to Buckley/collingwood hird/Essendon and voss/brisbane

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I think that is one of their thoughts actually. Aloisi is well known not only here in Australia but in other countries too.

I think if Aloisi gets the job, Milicic will go to Western Sydney.

Maybe they are thinking of giving it to Aloisi and getting an experienced assistant to help and guide him.

Guess we will find out soon.

Heffernan and Beauchamp had two-year contracts but were released by mutual consent after one year because they wished to move elsewhere.

Even if Aloisi and Milicic have binding contracts that keep them at Heart next season I cannot see the club standing in their way if either wished to leave (for any reason). There is no point in forcing someone to continue to work for you if they wish to leave.

I'm sure we could lure Mulvey or Papas to Heart if the situation arises and we really tried hard enough.

• Like 1

There is no way that Milicic will be here next season if he is offered the WS job and not ours .

Agreed.

What are people hearing about the coaching appointment?

Ang will be announced Visitors coach in the next two days according to him on Fox Sports FC, Vidosic will be announced today the Roar coach.

We are deciding between two coaches already at the club.....oh boy.

Scott Munn on twitter commenting about Ang going to Victory, saying "pretty comfortable they paid more than they wanted to".

Now that comment bothers me. Why do we care how much they spend, and what it shows to me is the Victory board, despite being laughable lately, are doing whatever it takes to have a winning club.

To have our CEO comment on another club is unprofessional and to dismiss us going for a winning coach because of paying overs shows our lack of intent. I understand working within our means, but if we do not try to do everything in our power to become the best, we may as well pack up shop now.

I am definitely not happy we haven't shown an intent to look at getting the best coach possible, it seems to me we have settled with what we have without going our searching for the best for our club. The rumours are some massive coaches showed interest in the position, but all we are hearing is it has always only been between the two assistants.

The fact the club is not transparent with their fans and members is yet another concern. Just a little annoyed at the situation.

• Like 1

In a reply to a question from @BillPlantzos7 'any news on coaches for Heart?', Scott Munn has tweeted 'coach in week to ten days.'

That was at 08.10, 25th April.

We can all speculate as much as we like...me included...but the club appears to be sticking to its original schedule of an announcement about two weeks after the end of the A-League season.

New players will follow once the new coach is installed.

Brisbane didn't win back to back by splashing cash, they did it by smart buys. Take Manchester City as an example, when ever they are interested in a player their transfer price sky rockets, I think this is sort of the same with players wages in the A-League. Victory can buy all the superstars they want but the thing is, 90% of the youth out there don't want to go to a team and sit on the bench, they would rather go to a team like Heart who have a history of youth development.

• Like 1

Scott Munn on twitter commenting about Ang going to Victory, saying "pretty comfortable they paid more than they wanted to".

Now that comment bothers me. Why do we care how much they spend, and what it shows to me is the Victory board, despite being laughable lately, are doing whatever it takes to have a winning club.

I think the context of the comment was in response to "please tell me we at least tried to get Ange". So he is intimating that Heart were in the bidding and drove the price up but eventually got outbid. How real this is would only really be known by those at the negotiating table.

Brisbane didn't win back to back by splashing cash, they did it by smart buys. Take Manchester City as an example, when ever they are interested in a player their transfer price sky rockets, I think this is sort of the same with players wages in the A-League. Victory can buy all the superstars they want but the thing is, 90% of the youth out there don't want to go to a team and sit on the bench, they would rather go to a team like Heart who have a history of youth development.

If you look at manchester united, they have been a club at the top of the premier league for quite a few years. Their squad this season is nothing special, they have promoted some capable youth to the first team, and have bought players very wisely instead of spending tens of millions like other premier league clubs who still fall short of success. The only reason why they have continued this success, is because they arguably have the best manager in the league who is capable of doing the job. They don't have a rookie manager running the show.

For Scott Munn to say ange is worth less than 500,000 is beyond a joke. The man is the most successful manager in australia domestic football, he has shown he is capable of developing youth, his football philosophies are almost identical to our clubs, has a great record of recruiting QUALITY visa players, what more could we ask for?

If he was appointed manager at heart, it would've helped us grow massively as a club, but of course we want to do things the hard way. I'm not convinced we are in a position to be taking these types of risks with rookie managers just only 2 years in.

Edited by heart_fan10

I think the context of the comment was in response to "please tell me we at least tried to get Ange". So he is intimating that Heart were in the bidding and drove the price up but eventually got outbid. How real this is would only really be known by those at the negotiating table.

IMO it' just another snide dig at the opposition. The head TWIT loves his twitter and should really shut the fuck up and close the account. Warren Buffet he ain't.

The club treats us like retards. Like we could be in a bidding war? Scott, we have a tenth of fuck all due to a certain manager chosen upon our inception mate.

Everyone want's to pay under the imaginable value mark so of course they paid more than they wanted, everyone does everyday.

500k ange vs 500-750 JVS, I shall never ask for yourself to form a market. No idea.

Edit. On the being treated like retards. More evidence over on the JVS to Mexico thread. The family story bla bla bla, sorta can't believe people believed that line but who am I to judge. Like I said in here before, our offer wasn't sufficient. His a career coach ffs.

Edited by downbylaw

If it is Milicic as expected, or even Aloisi why havent we announced it yet? There is no reason to wait longer if its either of those two. Roar announced their new manager in 1 day. What are we waiting for? Unless Milicic is in discussions with West Sydney and they are waiting to see which he chooses.

Meanwhile, Phil Stubbins just became available. Affordable and a bit more proven than Milicic. Not sure if want.

It's a good and more than reasonable question tesla. It's been near on 5 months now since we knew about the situation.

Money's always dictated that it was one of the two, more likely Ante for obvious reasons. There's the illusion of looking thorough but it's gone too long for that.

I'm tipping the situation the clubs in has hit home. A no name coach added with some more no name imports creates a case of 'where's the new fans going to come from'?

News was out Ange wanted home, we've chased some cash with panos and whoever else, come a cropper and the rest is history.

Unfortunately missing what would have been a massive coup and more exposure than we have ever had.

If it is Milicic as expected, or even Aloisi why havent we announced it yet? There is no reason to wait longer if its either of those two. Roar announced their new manager in 1 day. What are we waiting for? Unless Milicic is in discussions with West Sydney and they are waiting to see which he chooses.

Meanwhile, Phil Stubbins just became available. Affordable and a bit more proven than Milicic. Not sure if want.

If I remember correctly JvS gave his notice in early February. According to media reports, Milicic and Aloisi were interviewed only recently - let's say mid-April - something like 9-10 weeks after we knew we needed a new senior coach. Some time ago, SM indicated that we would make an announcement 'two weeks after the end of the season.' That comment is consistent with his tweet saying 'seven to ten days.'

My conclusion is that we have at least one offer on the table to someone outside the club, and we'll get a 'yes' or 'no' in a couple of days or so. If that falls through we'll revert to Milicic or Aloisi. If it was always going to be one of those two then there is absolutely no point in the delay. We've said we won't move on any new signings until the new man is in place, so a self-imposed delay is not in our interests.

The silence from Heart HQ is deafening. Not even the hint of a whisper on contract negotiations with the likes of Srhoj, Thompson, etc.

Either no-one knows what's going on, or we're bloody good at keeping a lid on things.

Edited by jw1739