Melbourne Football

Melbourne City 2014 Pre Season

AlexDaGroza

The Victorian government needs to connect the end of Metropolitan Ring Road to the top of the EastLink Tollway - for people travelling from the south east it'll make it so much easier to get to these games in Epping and Broady rather than having to go up Burke Rd or take the CityLink.

The Victorian government needs to connect the end of Metropolitan Ring Road to the top of the EastLink Tollway - for people travelling from the south east it'll make it so much easier to get to these games in Epping and Broady rather than having to go up Burke Rd or take the CityLink.

I for one have simply given up going. It's a bloody nightmare, especially when you don't go on that route very often.

https://vine.co/v/MErum1rQtW7

We may finally have sensible social media coverage.

Putting it in plain speak - that's bullshit training honestly. The ball is gently rolled onto a players foot and they're asked to gently tap it back. :droy: 

The ball should be fired at the player as per real game action and they should have to trap it dead and kick it back in one motion. That's a joke JVS!!!

Putting it in plain speak - that's bullshit training honestly. The ball is gently rolled onto a players foot and they're asked to gently tap it back. :droy: 

The ball should be fired at the player as per real game action and they should have to trap it dead and kick it back in one motion. That's a joke JVS!!!

its the warm up....

• Like 1

Not sure if serious? First off the balls in the air. And if you focus on fechnique doing something slowly then when its at a faster pace it will be easier.

Here is a better photo from the hoff

Bt10eUbCMAEvlgc.jpg

out of curiosity... does anyone know how long these things last when running all over it?

Video of the groundsmen painting the logo up on the new club website. Some nifty brush work on display.

I love that! There is no way in the world that Sidwell & co. would ever have spent money something like that!!

• Like 1

How good was that video... absolutely love the professionalism that we have now.. The La Trobe training ground looks in mint condition ready for our boys to work hard and bring home the silverware...

we are quickly becoming the envy of the league ... if not already!!!!

What a difference it makes when the people running the club have Football as the top priority in the clubs governance... Fine attention to detail.. love it...

• Like 3

What a difference it makes when the people running the club have Football as the top priority in the clubs governance... Fine attention to detail.. love it...

This so much.

But anyone who's been into Heart/City head office at La Trobe will know what a joke the admin setup is.

Scott Munn would be upgrading by working out of a Delhi call center cubicle...

• Like 1

What a difference it makes when the people running the club have Football as the top priority in the clubs governance... Fine attention to detail.. love it...

This so much.

But anyone who's been into Heart/City head office at La Trobe will know what a joke the admin setup is.

Do you think they may have moved much of the office to the storm given how bad you say la trobe is?

This so much.

Do you think they may have moved much of the office to the storm given how bad you say la trobe is?

It's just really, really, really small - they have literally one living-room sized office subdivided into cubicle-like spaces. They'll sure;y be heading out of La Trobe or expanding into another space once the club continues to grow under the new ownership model.

Regarding the Storm, I'm pretty sure they're leasing offices at VISY Park, Carlton or AAMI Park so we wouldn't be able to co-share given they're both crammed full of Gypsy club  tenants.

Some tidbits about what's been done at the La Trobe training ground:

The University commenced upgrading the pitches mid last year and Melbourne City FC will continue to be based at La Trobe heading into the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 season.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/news-melbourne-city-fc-re-commence-training/uhezs3kpfgu310t71bi1f1x0g

David Villa will train on excellent pitches when the Spanish superstar arrives to play for ambitious Hyundai A-League club Melbourne City FC.

The club was back in training today at their upgraded La Trobe University base following a 17-day UK training camp.

The University has upgraded the training pitches (see video) and even painted the club’s logo onto the side of the training pitch.

According to the club, the upgrade has been “extensive” which no doubt gives Melbourne City FC an added edge ahead of Season 10.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/city-boost-with-upgraded-training-base/1stw2fzjaboty13vp4gjj3ias9

The boys have returned to training at La Trobe University after their 17-day UK tour. The university's Lower Playing Fields have undergone a significant upgrade with improvements to the pitch and change rooms.

https://www.facebook.com/melbournecityfc

Hopefully more was added to the training ground than just a new coat of paint, as it's not clear what besides the pitch has been improved. The pitch undeniably looks very good though, and I guess that's the most important thing.

Hopefully more was added to the training ground than just a new coat of paint, as it's not clear what besides the pitch has been improved. The pitch undeniably looks very good though, and I guess that's the most important thing.

I was out there 3 days ago. The only thing that looked improved was the pitch.

That crappy change room/small club room is still there. Hopefully they pull that down next and construct something nicer.

This pitch upgrade was always just a stop gap measure before they decided on a final location for the base. It's clear that Latrobe is very keen to keep the club there and there is ample space to build buildings and the like. So I guess it just depends if the club and Latrobe can make a deal... I'd much rather the club take their time with this as this will be the base for a few decades.

Not sure if serious? First off the balls in the air. And if you focus on fechnique doing something slowly then when its at a faster pace it will be easier.

Hahaha, must have let my frustration get the better of me when I saw Willo knocking back some simple soft balls - quite unlike his technique during game day  :lol: