Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I'm struggling to find a reason for a third kit. Where our away kit clashes with someone else's red home kit, we simply use our home kit. No-one else plays in white at home do they?

Just in passing IMHO the A-League often allows teams to use kits that are sufficiently similar to cause momentary confusion for the players, especially in circumstances such as half the field in shadow and the other half in bright sunshine. Something I would like to see changed.

There isn't a need for a third kit. There is barely a need for an away kit. The only time the away strip will be needed is against Sydney. No white teams really is a relic from the old all teams have to wear white for an away strip thing, so now having an all white kit is very original in this league.

Seriously some of players are so ridiculously lucky City happened to buy the worst team in the comp... 

...and I'm sure he's a really nice guy as a person, but do we really have to see him in damned near every club photograph ever taken?

Seriously some of players are so ridiculously lucky City happened to buy the worst team in the comp...

...and I'm sure he's a really nice guy as a person, but do we really have to see him in damned near every club photograph ever taken?

It's from his personal account

I know, I know...it's just that I'm a bit "over-hoffed."

Well... HERE IS JACOB MELLING haha

10368409_10152156086367479_2366150015836

If the numbers are to be believed then mooy is 6

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152156084667479.1073741845.284795317478&type=1

Edited by Dylan

Well... HERE IS JACOB MELLING haha

10368409_10152156086367479_2366150015836

If the numbers are to be believed then mooy is 6

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152156084667479.1073741845.284795317478&type=1

Pretty sure that's a 4.

edit: nvm, seen other pics, definitely a 6

edit 2: westpac logo on shorts

Edited by loriente

BpWZax0IMAAQksE.jpgBpWZVIXIIAAAb5D.jpg

Is it wrong to like these kits?

A real man likes what he wants with no apologies, so like away ;)

they look amazing, i'll be getting the away kit but would love to get the home as well

Love them both, never really like the sash, I'll be purchasing the home top, and thank fuck no more turtle necks

We finally look like a real professional football club.

As opposed to how unprofessional they looked before?

Jonathan+Germano+Melbourne+Heart+Trainin

817937-59650722-63b6-11e3-bb71-e2c853748

Actually these look pretty average. These are the kind of kits a kid at uni studying graphic design would think up. The new training kits are simple and stylish. 

You don't think we look more professional LR9?

No. They are just black training kits. If you think that makes the team more professional then you are really stretching for some reason why the new owners are bringing in a more professional set up.

• Like 2

You don't think we look more professional LR9?

No. They are just black training kits. If you think that makes the team more professional then you are really stretching for some reason why the new owners are bringing in a more professional set up.

I think it is the fluro bibs over the black shirt that does the trick

It's that JVS has a team of assistants around him, that we have mini goals that JVS asked for 6 months to get, the fact we aren't in I've baths. And the kits do look much better.

Maybe it's the fact that we're not a giant billboard with a big fuck-off Westpac 'W' in the middle of our chests?

Maybe it's you blokes who are stretching to not embrace this new ownership.

Anyone know here I could get my hands on player issue gear from last year? or cheap kappa jerseys? surely there will be a clear out of some type.

check the club website, the other day I saw last seasons kits up there I remember 12 months ago I got a kit for like $30

EDIT: here's the link https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/heart/producttype/2

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

FWIW I will def being getting my hands on the Away Kit... a pity its a City Kit and not a Heart one.

And I have never felt any need to purchase any of the Heart Kits (including the fan ones) that we have worn in the past. 

I was never fan of the Charcoal and TBH it was a part of Heart's history and not this new club's so IMO it should remain in the past.

FWIW I will def being getting my hands on the Away Kit... a pity its a City Kit and not a Heart one.

And I have never felt any need to purchase any of the Heart Kits (including the fan ones) that we have worn in the past. 

I was never fan of the Charcoal and TBH it was a part of Heart's history and not this new club's so IMO it should remain in the past.

I'll be grabbing the away kit as well. Colour issue aside, I actually prefer the new majority white home strip design wise (much like how I prefer the old away shirt), but dont want to let go of the red and white just yet.

Also keen as to get the windbreaker they were training in. 

Edited by hedaik

I'll be interested in what they come up with for the shorts and socks, especially for the home kit. Will make or break the overall "look." IMO the home socks were terrible last season - no imagination at all.

So far no sign of Etihad Airways as a sponsor?