Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Doubt that any Victory fans are jumping ship in favour of their old rivals.. Unless they really see it as a new entity? :huh:

Let's put it this way, I have a feeling that their active supports will have a tifo that says something like "RIP Heart" for the first Derby.

Let's not allow the prize freeze to mask our actual membership growth. Don't get me wrong, we're likely to exceed our previous years but a lot of the people signing up now are doing so to attain cheaper memberships - these are most likely people who were going to sign up when it suited them (August, September etc.) but are doing so now to save a few bucks. It's not about how many we are signing up now, it's about how many we are signing after the prize freeze (more likely to be new members). 

Let's not allow the prize freeze to mask our actual membership growth. Don't get me wrong, we're likely to exceed our previous years but a lot of the people signing up now are doing so to attain cheaper memberships - these are most likely people who were going to sign up when it suited them (August, September etc.) but are doing so now to save a few bucks. It's not about how many we are signing up now, it's about how many we are signing after the prize freeze (more likely to be new members).

we had the same price freeze deal last year too so nothing's changed

Really? I genuinely don't remember!

I signed up for 5 now for this exact reason.  Was going to put it off, (because of the whole jersey colour debacle), but in the end i thought "am I going to watch Villa and co shred the tards?" Hell Yes!

• Like 2

I can understand that Shahanga.. No one started following Heart 4 years ago because of a love of the club itself I´m sure.

Very true

Finally being given a chance to follow an A league team other then those overbearing flogs with delusion of grandeur.

Time to show them who rules this city is upon us.

Really? I genuinely don't remember! pretty sure, they also gave away hats before a certain date. I didn't sign up in time :(

CFG claims that there´s 800k people interested in football in the Melbourne area.. It´s just a matter of dragging them away from the sofa or off their barstools I think
In a way there´s a similarity between ALeague and MLS in that the "Eurosnobs" outnumber fans of local clubs I guess?

Edited by M13

CFG claims that there´s 800k people interested in football in the Melbourne area.. It´s just a matter of dragging them away from the sofa or off their barstools I think

In a way there´s a similarity between ALeague and MLS in that the "Eurosnobs" outnumber fans of local clubs I guess?

Not just that, the AVE sportsfan wont commit to a season rather rely on performances and entertainment especially as its a secondary sport behind local sport and even cricket 

3008 @ 9:42

Where can you see this? Membership page still says 2992.

Thanks for your reply on this. Maybe someone more savvy than I am can explain why you could see one number (on a cell phone or iPod?) but I could see another on my PC.

Doesn't really matter I suppose. Now at 3130 (according to my PC!).

Either your browser or ISP's cache was showing you an older version most likely.

FWIW, ISPs don't generally cache pages, they cache DNS, would just be browser.

Most people don't know this, but pressing ctrl + f5 will pretty much guarantee you aren't getting a cached version of a page, where as a normal refresh (f5) doesn't.

A good World Cup, with a dip in interest in AFL, and the promise of what City can deliver bodes well ...

AFL struggling to keep crowds interested this year. Been going for over 50 years, but my enthusiasm for AFL has waned the last year or two. I still go each week, but can't wait for A-League season to start.

• Like 3

we had the same price freeze deal last year too so nothing's changed Really? I genuinely don't remember! pretty sure, they also gave away hats before a certain date. I didn't sign up in time :(

Have you ever seen anyone wear that hat? Besides the day they picked them up from the merch tent i mean.

FWIW, ISPs don't generally cache pages, they cache DNS, would just be browser.

Most people don't know this, but pressing ctrl + f5 will pretty much guarantee you aren't getting a cached version of a page, where as a normal refresh (f5) doesn't.

Good point, been away from the shit paying ISP industry for too long. 

Called membership dept, the guy first of all said that he doesn't believe memberships will increase much at all when today is over (i.e. the price freeze). Then he went to check exactly and his response when he got back was that he had "no idea" what the prices will increase to and he "hasn't been told anything". LOL! So if you haven't signed up before the end of today I wouldn't worry too much I doubt it'll increase much at all if anything.

It doesn't make sense

Current active price is $225

It doesn't mention anywhere that after today this price will go up.

Putting aside renewing members if you are new to the club and you purchase it today you'll pay $225

If your friend buys one tomorrow will he be charged more?????

Unlikely

Current promotion doesn't stipulate a price increase after today to general public so if I got one for $225 last year, as a renewing member will I be charged more than new members if I don't renew today?

Edited by Jestr

It doesn't make sense

Putting aside renewing members if you are new to the club and you purchase it today you'll pay $225

Unlikely

Current promotion doesn't stipulate a price increase after today to general public so if I got one for $225 last year, as a renewing member will I be charged more than new members if I don't renew today?

or just a ploy to gain early membership numbers

It doesn't make sense

Unlikely

According to the note below the membership prices everything will increase after 5pm on 27th June. By what figure they are not saying, which is odd. If they seriously wanted to get members on board early like this with the price freeze they'd make it clear what the price was going to go up to. I honestly doubt it will increase much, surely a lot of money has been pumped in since the takeover from the new owners. Also, aren't they still trying to build membership numbers? With the way the economy is, and if the club were sensible they'd leave it, look at what the massive price increases have done to the AFL in Victoria? Crowds are down heaps.

I honestly think each category might go up $5-10 at most.

It doesn't make sense

Unlikely

This is what was in the club's newsletter on 11th June. I would have said that the only reasonable interpretation of what is said is that there will be a price increase after 27th June, although it is not specifically stated that there will be. I hope that the club is not guilty of making deceptive statements here just to get an early cash flow.

Membership Price Freeze

There are plenty of new benefits included in the Melbourne City membership program.  There are a range of new options for you to consider for the coming season, along with the added benefit of an early bird price freeze.  Simply sign up by Friday 27 June and you will receive your membership at last year’s price.  This is a loyalty reward for our members and also allows you to bring in additional new members at the early bird price as well.

• Like 1

No issue with variations in pricing.

However it's a common practice to announce the full pricing from the beginning.

Eg; early bird price until the 27th is $225

After that date full price will be $240

OMG expecting transparency from the club. I must be crazy

• Like 1