Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

2144... the numbers keep ticking up.

The WC brings a feel good factor for the game which helps, especially with the stronger Australian performances from the younger and inexperienced team than was expected.

Once the Australian and the International marquees are announced, we will hopefully see an even more significant boost. It will also depend how we start the season to see how many jump on board at that point. Previous years have been hampered by lack of sucess to build momentum on, which has always put us on the back foot to build an audience.

Even though we probably have zero hope in this happening, for me there is 1 marquee imo that would boost membership through the roof

Tim Cahill

Tim Cahill is the ideal Australian Marquee and if he was at any other club in the MLS and wasn't already in love with WSW and the RBB then I'd think he'd be a realistic chance. But we do have the money to pay the transfer fee and put Cahill on money he couldn't say no to. It's all a matter of what CFG want to spend.

• Like 1

Tim Cahill is the ideal Australian Marquee and if he was at any other club in the MLS and wasn't already in love with WSW and the RBB then I'd think he'd be a realistic chance. But we do have the money to pay the transfer fee and put Cahill on money he couldn't say no to. It's all a matter of what CFG want to spend.

Not to mention he plays for New York Red Bulls.

What a better way to put a dagger through the heart of New York Cit FC's rival than to snatch one of their star players

Zero chance, when he was flying at Everton he had alot of big time offers, he remained loyal to them, don't see him walking from Red Bulls. 

I dont see him having the same loyalty with Red Bull that he had for Everton.

Plus its a chance to come back home on bloody good coin.

Dont get me wrong though, i dont see any chance of this happening, but it would be suprising if the City Group havent taken notice of what love the football public have this bloke and how much of a impact this would have for the club. Like RedAndWhitePride stated in his last post, he would make much more of an impact off the pitch than any international marquee

• Like 1

If he did come though, it would definitely have more of an impact off the pitch than any international marquee imo.

This is so true, especially after his performances at this World Cup. 

People who don't even follow the sport have been ranting and raving about it.

Memberships Update:

14 June 2013-  1243

14 June 2014-  1691

I am pretty sure Memberships opened on the same Day in 2013 and 2014, 5 June .

Therefore daily average signups  way ahead of last year, 36% in fact.

If this persisted for the season might approach 10,000!

20 June 2013 (1:30PM)  1423

20 June 2014 (1:30PM)   2174

Daily average signups now 53% ahead of the same time last year.

• Like 1

There's a second complicating factor in signing Cahill too: since MLS owns the players' contracts rather than the clubs, they occasionally interfere with transfers in order to protect the league - if they think that a player is being sold for less than they are worth to the league in prestige and viewership, they will refuse to sell the player, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

There's a second complicating factor in signing Cahill too: since MLS owns the players' contracts rather than the clubs, they occasionally interfere with transfers in order to protect the league - if they think that a player is being sold for less than they are worth to the league in prestige and viewership, they will refuse to sell the player, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

That, is fucked

• Like 2

That, is fucked That, is just the way American sports works. The league also frequently buys foreign-based US internationals and asks clubs to bid for their services simply because it wants as many national team players to be US-based as possible, though ultimately it doesn't stand in the way of the very best talent leaving to go to Europe, or else their national team would really be screwed.

Of course, it doesn't mean Cahill is completely off-limits (especially as he's not American). If the price is right, you know...

Edited by Falastur

Typical American way of doing things

D'wife received a letter to renew membership yesterday

I had already renewed hers and mine on the first day of sale, so someone is asleep at the wheel

I think this may happen if you have two adult memberships even though you have renewed hers at the same time as your own. Your renewal process doesn't seem to register her actual renewal. I seem to remember the same happened to Mrs JW last year.

Obviously a little bug in the system.

2277 now, the ticker seems to be updating far more often.

Out of interest, what happened to the Direct Debit renewal surge? Wasn't that supposed to have happened two days ago?

I don't know how the direct debit is done but there was no sudden surge last year at renewal time. 

2328 at 8:19am. Time travel possibly involved.

I think 8:19am for me is 19:19 for you guys?

17.19 Australian Eastern Standard Time.

It's really only 17:19? I thought you were much further ahead in time difference. Huh.

It varies depending on Daylight Savings.