Melbourne Football

IN or Out

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON

191 members have voted

1. 1. If a name and colour change came next season who is IN or Out

I didn't want to change colours but was willing to accept just about any colours except NSW blue.

A change to Red and Black home strip while keeping Red and White as an away strip is just about as minimal as you could do in making a change.

I'm in.

Well I think Black and White was a 8/10 solution.

BUT White with a couple of blue stripes 6/10 still IN

• Like 1

I'll give the new franchise a go as the home strip isn't all light blue. I'll even buy an away jersey. Loyalty counter reset to zero though, win me over Melbourne City FC. Start with better communication. 

Pick up where we left off and start with a demolition of the other side, round 1!

My message to the club. whether i stay or leave... i will always be against MVFC.

They have "just" meet my basic requirements for me staying in, but I still feel zero connection to it now so I will sit back and see what happens. It may just be I drift away from it.

The new strip is seems to be an ad-hoc slapped together idea when they didn't get their way on the sky blue shirt so I take the statements about their "careful thought" that went into these decisions with a grain of salt. The two shirts feel like a place holders until they can change them. So I will be hesitant about them sticking with these colour schemes over time.

Right now if this is the announcement for the colours of the new team then the team main colour should be white, and remain so for many, many years, red and sky blue being minor colours.

• Like 1

This might come as a shock to most, but good things have to come to an end.

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON has just made his final post, thanks for all the laughs and abuse in the last season it's been great dealing with you all.

I'm leaving you with the list of members who voted OUT if we ever had a name and colour change to our home kit... Now I've noticed some are IN today, so if you go back a few pages on this thread of mine you will see they are full of shit! (If they try say they never voted OUT)

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

Red and white in that number

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Thanks to these members for making this experience a good one!

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

Just like our club I'm going with a new name, for a fresh start! Long live the Heart!

P.S Jimmy Your A Fat Fuck With A Small Dick, Hitting You Would Be Like Stealing From A Baby!

• Like 1

Dissapointed really, that so many are ready to accept these changes. Says a lot about the fortitude of our supporters tbh.

Change the colours, change the name, change the logo and you're changing the identity.

It's no longer the same club.

Simple as that.

Same line I have held throughout this debate.

I went through the same shit with my AFL club 7 years ago.

It's why I'm so passionate about this issue.

We mightn't be as old as other AFL clubs, but I'm just as passionate about what we have here.

An identity that we've all bought into, and helped build together, over the past 5 years.

An idenitty we've spent sleepless nights painting tifos for, drinking for, spending thousands to travel away for. Even split blood for.

It means too much.

I didn't sign up to support a mini-Manchester City. I didn't sign up to support a local puppet of some foreign football club.

I chose to support Heart. A club that wears this city's colours. A club that represents Melbourne. A club that represents our people. A club that respects the game locally, and doesn't shit all over it like the Mongs have.

I welcome the investments, but not at the expense of them steamrolling over everything us supporters have built.

If they change what us fans have built, then I'm out. But I won't take it lying down and I'll let them know what I think.

And I implore everyone to have the same position.

Anyone saying 'maybe' is giving Man City more room to push what they want on us.

I'd rather a club than nothing at all. Like it or not, people weren't going to be lining up to buy the club and not make changes.

Years of underperformance damaged the brand, and its just the reality that any new owner was going to want to put their stamp on the club.

Whether people see it as a totally new club or not, those who remain will hopefully have a club we can see some success with finally. I know just as many that were willing to walk away before the Man City takeover due to the amateur decisions being taken, so best of luck to those who want to go now.

Change isn't easy, and can be painful to some, but in the end if it makes this a club that can be successful, I'm all for it.

I'll give the new franchise a go as the home strip isn't all light blue. I'll even buy an away jersey. Loyalty counter reset to zero though, win me over Melbourne City FC. Start with better communication. 

Pretty much agree with this.

It's a big deal that they didn't fully emulate the Man City jersey. Okay it's maybe their 3rd jersey or whatever, but you wouldn't call it a sky blue jersey, that shows off that the club is sky blue.

The home jersey is white (half of Heart's original colours), with a small stripe of sky blue and an even smaller stripe of dark blue (extremely unfortunately). The jersey colours are pretty neutral. I can't imagine the chant "Melbourne is white and sky blue and dark blue" catching on.

And the away kit is perfect, of course. And David Villa's official photo for joining the club even had him holding the 'away kit' (how incredibly rare must that be?).

The main question for me now is whether these jerseys are placeholders, or whether they are permanently the club's new jerseys. If they are permanently the club jerseys, then Man City will have conceded their original goal of making the home kit sky blue. And as the home kit isn't in-your-face sky blue, and it is pretty neutral, I might be able to live with it, because the club will always be Red and White to me, and since no new colour clearly overtakes the red and white, I believe the original club colours live on 

Then there's the badge. As Ferran Soriano said in his email: "We have created a new badge that is inspired by the heritage of Melbourne that also ensures the Club’s foundation colours of red and white remain at the heart of its identity".

I believe that it does respectfully affirm that red and white it at the heart, that is at the core, of this club's identity. Your eye is immediately drawn to the red and white and the traditional Flag of Melbourne at the centre of the badge. So the badge seems to sincerely pay homage to club and city heritage, and I wouldn't call the acknowledgements token like I expected them to be (if you look closely at the sides of the badge, I'm pretty sure you can see the outline of the old Heart badge in dark blue surrounded by a background of sky blue. That's pretty much the kind of token acknowledgements I was expecting, so I'm happy to see there is so much more than that).

My club loyalty is reset to zero. And I don't plan on getting a membership especially soon (In part because I'm cheap. And I doubt that the memberships and AAMI park will sell out especially soon, even with the news of Villa [although it may get somewhat close to selling out in the future]). The thing I don't know yet is whether this feels like my club. I've pretty much grasped all the changes, and I understand them intellectually, but I'm not sure how I feel about them yet. I think that's the question every supporter has to ask. I don't feel betrayed, pretty much like I was expecting, significantly because of the home jersey's neutrality. 

If the club grows on me and feels like mine, I won't only get a membership but I'll call myself a supporter. That would be easier though if the club started communicating more with supporters, and keeps on significantly acknowledging Melbourne Heart's heritage.

Too soon for me to say what I make of all the changes, though. Except I will say that the changes are much more respectful than I thought they'd be, and I'm more open to being a supporter next season than I thought I'd be. But I don't know how I feel about all this yet, so I won't say for now if I'm 'in' for next season yet (and let me say that 'in' out 'out' is a stupid binary distinction, which is why I didn't vote for either. If it feels like your club or not is the question. And if it feels like your club, then support it).

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON has just made his final post, thanks for all the laughs and abuse in the last season it's been great dealing with you all.

I'm leaving you with the list of members who voted OUT if we ever had a name and colour change to our home kit... Now I've noticed some are IN today, so if you go back a few pages on this thread of mine you will see they are full of shit! (If they try say they never voted OUT)

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

Just like our club I'm going with a new name, for a fresh start! Long live the Heart!

P.S Jimmy Your A Fat Fuck With A Small Dick, Hitting You Would Be Like Stealing From A Baby!

:clap:

K M8. See you when you make a new account in the next few days :up:

It'll be easy to distinguish you from all the bangwagoners that'll be jumping on. You'll be the one with a shit username, making retarded threads and coming on to me through private messages.

• Like 5

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

This dude needs to get on FA FWIW...

Edit - He is such a retard he prob is an admin at FA.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

In b4 MUTD/MLBCTY/ESSNDON joins the forum

• Like 2

Club has almost entirely changed, so can't see myself getting along to nearly as much games as last season.

Don't have any problem saying that.

More interesting for me, is how much of the supporters in here will continue to to put in the same man hours making tifos, doing away trips and being involved in a terrace, for a club that many of them are on record as saying is now dead and that they will be significantly less passionate about  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

• Like 2

Name change -----IN.

Colour change ---NO.

the other option is :

if you stop supporting Heart / City .... Red & White / Sky Blue , who do you support

Sorry, but I'm loving my A league fix through summer

I could never see me following Victory, so I'll be staying with the rebranded Heart

Any thoughts on this ???????

OK  covered my arse on this !

I am in , hey I will wear the away kit to all matches

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

You do realise you could have just copied and pasted the list from the poll results (or can't everyone see that?)

Club has almost entirely changed, so can't see myself getting along to nearly as much games as last season.

More interesting for me, is how much of the supporters in here will continue to to put in the same man hours making tifos, doing away trips and being involved in a terrace, for a club that many of them are on record as saying is now dead and that they will be significantly less passionate about  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

So after ridiculing several posters for saying that they would support this “New Club with New Colours" if this occurred...

You are now saying that you will be lending this “New Club with New Colours” your support and even attending “some of its games”??? :droy:

And let’s not forget that I asked you repeatedly if to qualify that you never support the "New Club with New Colours" and you indeed confirmed that you never support the new club if it had new colours.

How could anyone leave now.

If you've made it this far after 4 years of pain and dissapointment (with a few good moments)  surely you stay for the ride. 

All the players are roughly the same, staff are the same, venue is the same , apart from a minor name alteration and a new home kit, the club is the same.

Besides that, there is no other sport worth watching in the summer  :)

Worst case you hang on to see who wins between Jimmy and the MUTD/ESS dude. 

We can still miss the finals - there is always hope !

And FWIW this still my viewpoint on the change...

As I posted yesterday morning in the other "Man City Takeover Thread" for me a name change and colour change (Which I would put good money on going ahead) means that Melbourne Heart will cease to exist and new club called Melbourne City has been born.

I then have a decision to make on whether I support this new club...

TBH my love of watching live sport (Soccer and Footy for that matter) sees me catch a wide range of matches through out Greater Melbourne at a number of levels... So with this is mind I probably would attend City matches to see Soccer and to see my mates but I will def not spend the amount of time away from games that like I do now for Melbourne Heart for Melbourne City.

So after ridiculing several posters for saying that they would support this “New Club with New Colours" if this occurred...

You are now saying that you will be lending this “New Club with New Colours” your support and even attending “some of its games”??? :droy:

And let’s not forget that I asked you repeatedly if to qualify that you never support the "New Club with New Colours" and you indeed confirmed that you never support the new club if it had new colours.

I'm not going to games to support the club, I'm going cause I know how much it eats you up inside.Thanks for playing   :up:  :up:

Now seeing that you said this club is dead to you now and you don't have nearly any the same passion for this club anymore, logic would dictate that you probably aren't the right person to be leading the terrace in support of this club. So the question is, WILL YOU be standing down from Core in leading the terrace of MCFC  :hmm:  :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by FB.

I'm not going to games to support the club, I'm going cause I know how much eats you up inside.Thanks for playing   :up:  :up:

Strong life :up:

Nice evasion  :lawl:

Will you be standing down from Core too, now that you are "less motivated" to support this new team. Or will these "less passionate" supporters still be leading the passionate support of the mighty MCFC? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I was always going to be in. To me the fans are what make a club. Regardless of colours, logo, name etc. Obviously it sucks to have the identity we had taken away from us by new owners, but as long as I can chat about the football with the same group of mates that started supporting the club from day one then to me it's the same club. I don't buy into this the club is dead bullshit to be honest.

I'm not saying I supported the change in colours, badge ect, I donated to the campaign after all, but I chose a club to support and i'll support it through all it's changes over time. To me it's more important the supporters stick together, that's how the club retains an identity in my eyes. 

Once I've made my move to Melbourne hopefully I'll be able to add to that this year by standing on the terrace week in, week out, with some of the people I've met over the years on away trips or in Perth as well as plenty of new people along the way.

Edited by perthheart
  • Like 4

I think most will come back, even if now they feel a little ambiguous and there issnt anything wrong with that. I also think those little hearts in the logo may seem token now but in a few years I think we will all appreciate them, hopefully they make their way onto the kit in some way.

Given that the poll doesn´t apply to me I have still followed the arguments.. But given that there´s still a striped Red&white shirt and still a Red&white logo albeit with a blue circle around it I wonder where this line in the sand are really. I mean.. You can argue that everything have changed and you can argue that it still is pretty much as before even if changes have happened.

What I´m trying to say is.. As the fans are those that carry the soul of the club within themselves, to what degree does it remain the old Heart?

Besides Villa holding up a red and white shirt when he was announced, here's an Instgram pic of Hoffman beside a Heart badge banner with red and white background:http://instagram.com/p/o2R2Pfkgqd/ (although there is also a banner w/ a sky blue background, and I expected that, but I'm glad to see a red and white banner).

(can Instagram pics be copied and pasted or shown on this forum? not sure how to do so)

More displays of that, red and white being clearly shown as a part of the club, and I'll confirm I'm on board. I'm slowly becoming convinced that they want red and white to be a central part of this club's identity.

So more of stuff like that, and official confirmation that the Man City campaign to make this club's home kit fully sky blue is dead and buried, and I'll quickly confirm that I'm a member and supporter for next season.

Edited by Murfy1